• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

[video=youtube;rLybS4jKSCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLybS4jKSCE[/video]

this whole thread reminds me of baldrick's poem 1 minute in...

I don't really know what people wanted him to do though? If he'd come out and said he wanted to stay at Spurs and then left if England came calling he'd have looked like a right ****. He made it clear he wanted the England job, and I don't blame him for that. He is old school, and it's the highest honour.

Redknapp talks brick in the media. I really don't know why people allow themselves to get wound up about it.

But it would've been better club management , better for Spurs rather than worrying he would look a **** . Again we come back to it's all about me.

I don't really know what people wanted him to do though? If he'd come out and said he wanted to stay at Spurs and then left if England came calling he'd have looked like a right ****. He made it clear he wanted the England job, and I don't blame him for that. He is old school, and it's the highest honour.

Redknapp talks brick in the media. I really don't know why people allow themselves to get wound up about it.

Because it's saying what suits him when it suits him, without any regard for the club whatsoever. When speculation around him is ruining his sides form, he will say it's ridiculous to suggest footballers care. When he needs a new contract, he will use the very same idea of speculation and say 'of course footballers care'. It's completely insulting to our intelligence, and it means you can't trust him. It's beyond talking brick, it's out and out lying.

I don't really know what he could have said either, but I'm sure something could have been done. The best course of events is not what happened. Maybe he could have contacted the FA and said he was interested, but that he was going to deny interest for the good of Spurs. Then they could still approach him. And if he then goes I don't think he would have looked like a tit. Most people would have understood that he was doing right by his club, and it would all be forgotten about anyway. Maybe the FA could have been told to release a statement saying they were looking at a number of candidates, and Harry as a well performing English manager would obviously be looked at, but was by no means an absolute certainty. Anything, rather than saying 'I've got a job here at Tottenham, but it would be a great honour' while your form slides completely down the wall.

I don't see why he would have looked anymore like a tit by saying 'I am not interested. I've turned Spurs into title challengers, why would I want to leave?' and then leaving, than he does by saying 'uncertainty doesn't make a difference' and then 'uncertainty of course makes a difference' only weeks apart from each other.

I've backed Redknapp so much in this very thread, but it's got the point where something needs to be done.

Harry was very open about wanting the England job. Whether or not you think that's OK, he didn't get it. Once he didn't have it, what was he going to do other than show allegiance to Spurs?

Harry was very open about wanting the England job. Whether or not you think that's OK, he didn't get it. Once he didn't have it, what was he going to do other than show allegiance to Spurs?

112053029.jpg

So the parallel to that is that there's nothing wrong with Levy going out to try to hire AVB and then, if he cant get AVB to agree, keep Harry on the same deal which he's on

It's more like the desperate realisation that he won't get another job as good as this one and is therefore clinging to any fact he can spout out as reasons why he should be given a new deal. I don't think he wants to go knowing that the last thing he did for this club was oversee a slide from certain CL qualification to not getting it at all.

I have no problems with what he is saying, he is actually right. It's just too late for me to want to bother defending him anymore. He's admitted that speculation has an effect. And speculation had an effect on us. While under contract to us, he didn't do right by us. Therefore, he has no excuse IMO.

Yep really. It wasn't a regular. It was one of these strange posters that signs up and only posts 10 or so messages to back someone up in an argument.

I'm taking a new lighthearted approach to the whole thing anything. I've realised it's pointless trying to debate against people who are,

a) Hypocrits, e.g. moan about one of our players or Managers talking to the press about potentially moving on whilst cheering an opposition player stating they want to sign for Spurs and coming out with nonsense like "Sign him up Levy!"

b) Emotional posters. I am here to discuss football, and discuss rational issues. It's pointless having a debate with someone who has an emotional reason backing their opinion as they simply won't be rational (that's not to say they're wrong though). E.g. I respect posters like bankrupt who clearly state they hate Redknapp as a person and that's why they don't want him at the club but there would be no point debating whether Redknapp should be our Manager with him as we're arguing apples and oranges. I'll happily debate with any poster who claims that Redknapp isn't doing a good enough job as Spurs manager and needs to be fired on a poor performance basis.

Sorry but :ross:

So the parallel to that is that there's nothing wrong with Levy going out to try to hire AVB and then, if he cant get AVB to agree, keep Harry on the same deal which he's on

I agree. Harry is bound to want a new contract; I have no problem with him saying that (timing with Levy's Mum aside). My problem lies with his behaviour regarding the England job in the first place. He's certainly earned the right to be manager next year; this season was excellent when you step back and look at the whole thing. Two games in we were thinking 6th at best, but in February we were still being talked of as title challengers.

I'm not saying he didn't, I just never heard any quotes with him saying that - All I ever heard was 'It's a massive job' 'Havent heard anything from F.A' etc etc

said several times that if he was offered the england job that he would be honored and that he would be glad to lead his country?

he said this before capello got sacked btw

if you're talking about after capello got the sack, then i cant think of him saying he wanted it.

but does it mater if he said word for word " i want the job!!! "

Yeah I was just thinking when the job was vacant I never recall him saying he wanted the job. I'm sure he did want it of course, just wondering if we're all assuming he did or not. Then again if he didn't want it should have just come out and said so once all the speculation began. Or maybe he was undecided?! Reading this thread would have made up his mind that's for sure!

I'm not saying he didn't, I just never heard any quotes with him saying that - All I ever heard was 'It's a massive job' 'Havent heard anything from F.A' etc etc

And we didn't hear from Harry . "Please can you all put a stop to this , I'm not taking any more questions regarding the England job , I'm only here to discuss Tottenham Hotspur.

No it's not.

As a sidenote if/when Harry goes I'll stick my neck up now and say I don't want AVB to be the next Spurs Manager. He'll struggle here like he did at Chelsea, and he won't be given the time here to turn things around either.

Back