• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

The talk was if we had to replace Redknapp. Im discussing that, not actively "sack him in favour of..."

The rest of your post is simple opinion based as fact. Who says he would fudge off? Why would success be top four? And not top 3? 2?

And around and around in circles we go.

1) AVB has shown immense loyalty in the past hasn't he? Of course he'd fudge off.
2) The reason why he'd fudge off is down to something most Spurs fans refuse to accept. We are NOT a big club. We are just behind them, and therefore are an excellent stepping stone. Which is what we'd be used for.
3) To the logical man, success would actually be meeting your expectation point. So 6th is actually a success at Spurs.

@MK

dude that is loooooooong. you must be a fast typer

EDIT:- Loyalist and rebel? why

this isnt Harry Redknapp FC

I could have used Pro/Anti. This is a Redknapp thread, and I am highlighting the futility of the discussion. Those against him (rebels) will never give him any credit for any work he has done. On occasions they'll make a statement that he has done well but then when you read the rest of the post they contradict themselves and belittle every achievement.

It's a futile discussion. It's the same posters who jump on any Redknapp thread to slag him, or anyone backing him, off. It's the same posters who feel strongly enough to try and defend him.

The bottom line is very simple. Levy has to back him or sack him. If Levy backs up, so should we because the club needs unity to stand any chance of remaining where we currently are. Which is punching away above our weight.

I've always believed the bookes to be the true ITKs or at the very least - not to be taken lightly

Mind you, I'd be petrified if Moyes took over - side-step at best! It's trench-coat man or no one!

I am forced to admit that if I take a step back, my initial acceptance was based less on the man and more on the motion...you could be right here...I seriously need to think before I post sometimes!

Loayalist and Rebel?

So everyone who doesn't want to offer Redknapp a new 4 year/15m deal is not a loyal supporter?

Okay

The talk was if we had to replace Redknapp. Im discussing that, not actively "sack him in favour of..."

The rest of your post is simple opinion based as fact. Who says he would fudge off? Why would success be top four? And not top 3? 2?

I think realistically, I don't think we're ever looking at regular top 3 finishes until our situation changes.

Although, after reading Jonathan Wilson's article about Roy Hodgson today it got me thinking. It explained how he went to Sweden, implemented a system that was a little bit ahead of anything it was competing against. And then Sven did the same thing and won the Uefa Cup.

So if there is any chance of us over-performing, I think we need to get someone who is a little bit different, has a system that hasn't been quite figured out yet so it is ahead of it's time, and therefore we can get consistency with that. That's why I champion AVB, because I think if he gets the chance to implement it, someone who was willing to take a gamble is going to reap some serious rewards.

The time for Harry to finish top 3 would have been this season, but he was more interested in England, and let the speculation carry on. He was good for us because we had an underperforming squad that needs to be playing to it's potential. That's what he gave us. That and a bit of consistency in our finishes. Because he was a good manager for us and right for us at the time. But the only way he is going to improve us (top 3 finishes regularly) is if he got the money to do it. Because I don't think he is going to implement something new and radical that hasn't been figured out yet. Someone like AVB would.

Then it's just the risk of if AVB doesn't work, we could be down underperforming again, but I don't see him making the same mistakes twice. It's not as if Phil Brown would ever dare give a teamtalk on the pitch again. And besides, I don't think AVB made mistakes, so much as he was a bad fit for the club and the players. It's not as if he completely casted Lampard aside. He played him a lot and Lampard was scoring. It really seemed to be that they didn't take to his tactics because they believed they were more suited and had success with another, completely opposite philosophy. But I don't see that being a problem here.

Loayalist and Rebel?

So everyone who doesn't want to offer Redknapp a new 4 year/15m deal is not a loyal supporter?

Okay

And you prove my point completely. Either that or you don't understand history or the context in which the term arises. Let me clarify:

Those supporting someone in power = Loyalists
Those seeking to usurp = Rebels

fudging hell, do I really need to dish out history lessons on here too?

no-one has ever done that

he has the best points per game figures of any Spurs manager in the last 100 years

no one (unless they are blind and mad) has ever said that he has won more cups or titles

why is that distinction so hard to grasp?

In fairness I should, again, have focussed a little more clearly on the initial point in that case, and if what you're saying is the case, then apologies for misunderstanding the initial postee's comment.

it should be said, however Mick, such subtleties as distinctions are hard to grasp on both sides of the fence in this continuing debate I fear...

And you prove my point completely. Either that or you don't understand history or the context in which the term arises. Let me clarify:

This is not about what's best for Arry Redknapp - it's about what's best for Tottenham Hotspur and the club's future itself.

If someone doesn't want to offer him a new deal doesn't mean he's not a loyal Spurs suporter. Your choice of wording is bizarre to say the least and predictably polarising and borderline insulting.

we took that contest by the scruff of the neck..the AC milan away performance in particular wsas inspiring.....heroic displays from pienaar and sandro and great tactical acumen from Harry.

Agreed 100%.
You HAVE to wonder WHY Pienaar was simply not used very much this winter, especially given the fact we could've done with him? and you're absolutely right, AC away was a fantastic tactical plan from Harry, and there we have in a nutshell the crux of the problem. He HAS the ability when he focusses, yet for some reason, he did NOT focus enough last season in the final few months. We know why. So does he. But he won't admit it. THAT is my MAJOR problem. IF he kept his eye on the ball and focussed a la AC away for an entire season, there is frankly no limit to what we could do (especially taking into account that not every match requires that level of tactical shuffle). But simply, the trust has gone.

Last edited:
I like this forum but this thread is poison and tedious beyond belief, not to mention probably scaring new posters away. Agree to disagree and move on ffs.

Everyone knows that Rebels are sweets for fudges sake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think realistically, I don't think we're ever looking at regular top 3 finishes until our situation changes.

Although, after reading Jonathan Wilson's article about Roy Hodgson today it got me thinking. It explained how he went to Sweden, implemented a system that was a little bit ahead of anything it was competing against. And then Sven did the same thing and won the Uefa Cup.

So if there is any chance of us over-performing, I think we need to get someone who is a little bit different, has a system that hasn't been quite figured out yet so it is ahead of it's time, and therefore we can get consistency with that. That's why I champion AVB, because I think if he gets the chance to implement it, someone who was willing to take a gamble is going to reap some serious rewards.

The time for Harry to finish top 3 would have been this season, but he was more interested in England, and let the speculation carry on. He was good for us because we had an underperforming squad that needs to be playing to it's potential. That's what he gave us. That and a bit of consistency in our finishes. Because he was a good manager for us and right for us at the time. But the only way he is going to improve us (top 3 finishes regularly) is if he got the money to do it. Because I don't think he is going to implement something new and radical that hasn't been figured out yet. Someone like AVB would.

Then it's just the risk of if AVB doesn't work, we could be down underperforming again, but I don't see him making the same mistakes twice. It's not as if Phil Brown would ever dare give a teamtalk on the pitch again. And besides, I don't think AVB made mistakes, so much as he was a bad fit for the club and the players. It's not as if he completely casted Lampard aside. He played him a lot and Lampard was scoring. It really seemed to be that they didn't take to his tactics because they believed they were more suited and had success with another, completely opposite philosophy. But I don't see that being a problem here.

I think Levy might have wanted, still wants perhaps, Redknapp to keep things running until we have the new stadium or at least begun construction, but if that is delayed any more we probably should look for someone that can implement a system, build a team that's more than the sum of its parts, like Klopp at Dortmund and Rodgers at Swansea.

I like this forum but this thread is poison and tedious beyond belief, not to mention probably scaring new posters away. Agree to disagree and move on ffs.

But that would mean someone getting the last word. Not going to happen unless it's locked.

I think we should lock this thread before somebody gets hurt

There's valid arguments on both sides

We was 3rdz
We should have finished there at a canter, perhaps with Dos Santos scoring wonder goals

But on the flip side, no other manager has given me champions league dreams and broken so many hoodoo's
Beating Chelsea and Arsenal regularly is not something I'm used to, and I like it

This is not about what's best for Arry Redknapp - it's about what's best for Tottenham Hotspur and the club's future itself.

If someone doesn't want to offer him a new deal doesn't mean he's not a loyal Spurs suporter. Your choice of wording is bizarre to say the least and predictably polarising and borderline insulting.

See there is a difference and it looks that way, it appears to me that they are some who are suggesting that those who want Redknapp to go are not real Spurs supporters, and those that want him to stay are. It would be a good idea if they could come out and say that my impressions are wrong or right.

And around and around in circles we go.

1) AVB has shown immense loyalty in the past hasn't he? Of course he'd fudge off.
2) The reason why he'd fudge off is down to something most Spurs fans refuse to accept. We are NOT a big club. We are just behind them, and therefore are an excellent stepping stone. Which is what we'd be used for.
3) To the logical man, success would actually be meeting your expectation point. So 6th is actually a success at Spurs.

Originally I agreed with you on this and couldn't find a reason to say 'not neccesarily, there's no reason why he'd fudge off' but after thinking about it, I realised something.

For AVB to have been a definite success that we would hate to lose, and to have him poached by much bigger clubs, he would have to have us challenging for titles on a consistent basis. If he acheives that, he is going to be our Wenger, Fergie etc. He will then be managing a top club in one of the top leagues in the world. Where does he go from there? If we are title challengers, he won't go to our nearest competitors because there would be no point. He won't go down. The only place he might go is Barca or Madrid and even then, I'm not sure would, if he had us up there as title challengers. I wouldn't have seen Fergie going there 15 years ago. Any player would have course, but I think it's ever so slightly different for a manager.

So if he is a success, I think he will have made us a bigger pull to actually make him stay. If he fails, we lose no sleep over losing him. If he maintains, then we are where we are with Rednkapp, still looking for that manager that can give us that little bit extra to compete with clubs with better finances.

I could have used Pro/Anti. This is a Redknapp thread, and I am highlighting the futility of the discussion. Those against him (rebels) will never give him any credit for any work he has done. On occasions they'll make a statement that he has done well but then when you read the rest of the post they contradict themselves and belittle every achievement.

It's a futile discussion. It's the same posters who jump on any Redknapp thread to slag him, or anyone backing him, off. It's the same posters who feel strongly enough to try and defend him.

The bottom line is very simple. Levy has to back him or sack him. If Levy backs up, so should we because the club needs unity to stand any chance of remaining where we currently are. Which is punching away above our weight.

Agreed.

Back