• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

Whilst it's impossible to deny what you're saying, can I ask you the following (in the spirit of debate not rancor)...

1) At what point should we be satisfied given the preview we had for half the season of what could've been?
2) If the loss of 3rd place/semi-final was down to the side and squad not being good enough you'd be on the money, but do you genuinely NOT believe this squad was ever good enough to maintain the 3rd place it had owned for over half the season, or win the semi-final?
3) Were you satisfied with the squad rotation?
4) Were you satisfied with the man-management of both the first team and squaddies like Pienaar and Bassong?
5) Do you believe that players were often played unfit when fit squad options were available (Ledley doesn't count!!!!!!! ;-) )

Steff, in spirit of debate (and stay with me)

1) Unless you win it all, you should never be "satisfied"
2) First 11 could do better, squad I question (cover for Benny/Lennon/Bale/Ade is no where good enough for even 4th)
3) No, consider it one of Harry's weaknesses
4) I don't think either Pienaar or Bassong are good enough, I would agree with your point with a player like Defoe/Kranjcar (who could add something)
5) Ledley is/was a mistake towards end

So now is where you stay with me, I agree Redknapp has areas that can be rightly questioned

6) Is it a 4th a good result for Tottenham = yes
7) Has Harry been extremely successful for the team = yes
8) Do I believe Martinez/Rodgers/Lambert/my uncle could walk in and do a better job (or even have 60% chance of) = No
9) For the stability of the club, is switching the manager again on the chance that the next person is better and can make this squad overachieve (because we are not on a level playing field) during a period where we need to mange our finances more with a new stadium build a good idea = No
10) Do I believe Harry will lead us to the promised land and greatness = No
11) Do I believe Harry can keep us in 4th/5th over the next 2-3 years, building the foundation that another manager could build on (with new stadium, potentially high wage squad with more European experience) = Yes

In my opinion this season and how it's judged hinged on two major things

- Unlikey result of a really poor Cheat$ki side beating both Barca and Bayern
- Levy and Harry's handling of the potential England job (both to blame), I think Levy didn't force Harry to outright chose, but also decided not to spend big in January with that potential doubt hanging over Harry staying.

So do I think Harry is the greatest manager ever = no
Do I think he's a better manager than we have had in a very long time = yes
Do I think people even begin to contemplate the cost of changing a manager to a club = no
Do I remember the last time we fired a manager that was doing well for us, to get a proven winner, tactical and forward thinking = unfortunately yes
If (and we don't know) he has committed to Tottenham in light of not getting the England role, we have a good grasp on the players that are staying and going, and who are targets are, and he has very clear set of goals for next year, should we keep him = yes

I like to think that I think this through, and it's not about personal bias or emotion, and in my opinion (and that's all it is), keeping Redknapp (unless someone like Jose agreeed to take the role and had signed the dotted line already) is in the best interest of Tottenham.

Back in the days silverware were more important than results; in the modern top-4-for-CL(usually)-money-game results, sadly, are more important - so you can't really compare records just like that.

Comparing Redknapp to Nicholson is just laughable and an insult to the memory of the former.

A little harsh on Billy Nick there.

I did see that early on today, i wonder if he would say the same if he was not in the team.

A lot of players have come out and supported Redknapp. You could find excuses for all of em and no doubt you would find excuse. HOWEVER; the same could be said of any player with any Manager. If theyre not playing they would rather a fresh start a new Manager etc.

Back in the days silverware were more important than results; in the modern top-4-for-CL(usually)-money-game results, sadly, are more important - so you can't really compare records just like that.

Comparing Redknapp to Nicholson is just laughable and an insult to the memory of the former.

WTF are you talking about?

I was comparing the results of all managers, don't get sucked into the vortex that is pirate55

2) First 11 could do better, squad I question (cover for Benny/Lennon/Bale/Ade is no where good enough for even 4th)
4) I don't think either Pienaar or Bassong are good enough, I would agree with your point with a player like Defoe/Kranjcar (who could add something)

So now is where you stay with me, I agree Redknapp has areas that can be rightly questioned

8) Do I believe Martinez/Rodgers/Lambert/my uncle could walk in and do a better job (or even have 60% chance of) = No
9) For the stability of the club, is switching the manager again on the chance that the next person is better and can make this squad overachieve (because we are not on a level playing field) during a period where we need to mange our finances more with a new stadium build a good idea = No
11) Do I believe Harry can keep us in 4th/5th over the next 2-3 years, building the foundation that another manager could build on (with new stadium, potentially high wage squad with more European experience) = Yes

- Levy and Harry's handling of the potential England job (both to blame), I think Levy didn't force Harry to outright chose, but also decided not to spend big in January with that potential doubt hanging over Harry staying.

Do I think people even begin to contemplate the cost of changing a manager to a club = no
Do I remember the last time we fired a manager that was doing well for us, to get a proven winner, tactical and forward thinking = unfortunately yes
If (and we don't know) he has committed to Tottenham in light of not getting the England role, we have a good grasp on the players that are staying and going, and who are targets are, and he has very clear set of goals for next year, should we keep him = yes

I like to think that I think this through, and it's not about personal bias or emotion, and in my opinion (and that's all it is), keeping Redknapp (unless someone like Jose agreeed to take the role and had signed the dotted line already) is in the best interest of Tottenham.

Raziel this is a good post and I find it hard to disagree with the points you make. However, there is a niggle in the back of my mind and I just can't warm to Harry.

I think there are a number of reasons for this - but I can guarantee it is not to do with fickleness- hell if I was fickle Iwould have gone off and supported Barca or the gooners years ago. Dmacs post was execellent as have been Fuego's posts previously - for some reason I believe this is our time - Levy has worked so hardto create this team. I;ve said it before we are at a cross road - our best squad in years and a relatively weak Sky 4 - we need to grasp the mettle and take a risk otherwise we may not get another chance. I don't think Harry is the man to take us foward.

Just to say mate, this is one of the sorts of answers which make this board so worthwhile IMHO...healthy debate which gives everyone cause to evaluate their own thoughts on the matter. It's nice to feel like you're having a discussion...I want to read again later and answer, but it's a really good counter and analysis mate, much appreciated...Steff

Raziel this is a good post and I find it hard to disagree with the points you make. However, there is a niggle in the back of my mind and I just can't warm to Harry.

I think there are a number of reasons for this - but I can guarantee it is not to do with fickleness- hell if I was fickle Iwould have gone off and supported Barca or the gooners years ago. Dmacs post was execellent as have been Fuego's posts previously - for some reason I believe this is our time - Levy has worked so hardto create this team. I;ve said it before we are at a cross road - our best squad in years and a relatively weak Sky 4 - we need to grasp the mettle and take a risk otherwise we may not get another chance. I don't think Harry is the man to take us foward.

And another great post which, when I read it, nails my thoughts exactly. again, Raziel's post was excellent, and Dmac's have been too...but I realize that I have really personally lost faith in Harry. It's the messages he doesn't send which bother me, especially when he is a man who likes to send messages! To some it's irrational, and I accept that, and further putting aside other factors, my gut feeling is not one of trust in the man. IF Levy does not act on his unhappiness for whatever reason, then like any loyal supporter I will give him and the team my full support as I always do.

I did see that early on today, i wonder if he would say the same if he was not in the team.

I wonder if you'd make this sort of comment if it was a player being critical of Redknapp. No doubt then it wouldn't be because the player wasn't being picked, but because Redknapp is treating the player poorly?

I wonder if you'd make this sort of comment if it was a player being critical of Redknapp. No doubt then it wouldn't be because the player wasn't being picked, but because Redknapp is treating the player poorly?

The point is that most players are happy with the manager when they are in the team, the players who are not would probably say different. Same at all clubs would you not agree?

The point is that most players are happy with the manager when they are in the team, the players who are not would probably say different. Same at all clubs would you not agree?

I agree, but I find it amusing how you dismiss it because it's in praise of someone you don't like it. No doubt if he was slagging Redknapp off you'd treat it as gospel and be outraged at the truth of it.....

I agree, but I find it amusing how you dismiss it because it's in praise of someone you don't like it. No doubt if he was slagging Redknapp off you'd treat it as gospel and be outraged at the truth of it.....

All i said was would he say the same if he was not playing, you have just agreed he probably would not. Please do not try and make something out of nothing and put words in my mouth.

People used to slag off jol when there were obvious failings with the team and he never came up with any answers to the press. It was incredibly frustrating, like how inept we were at defending set pieces

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

How are you sending these posts by the way??

Whilst it's impossible to deny what you're saying, can I ask you the following (in the spirit of debate not rancor)...

1) At what point should we be satisfied given the preview we had for half the season of what could've been?
2) If the loss of 3rd place/semi-final was down to the side and squad not being good enough you'd be on the money, but do you genuinely NOT believe this squad was ever good enough to maintain the 3rd place it had owned for over half the season, or win the semi-final?
3) Were you satisfied with the squad rotation?
4) Were you satisfied with the man-management of both the first team and squaddies like Pienaar and Bassong?
5) Do you believe that players were often played unfit when fit squad options were available (Ledley doesn't count!!!!!!! ;-) )

here's a loaded gun, please fit the barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger
\o/

I love you Steff, you have a way..........all of your own

=D>

man love, nothing, ahem - un-manly..............

here's a loaded gun, please fit the barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger
\o/

I love you Steff, you have a way..........all of your own

=D>

man love, nothing, ahem - un-manly..............

Reciprocated Mick...TBF I cracked up at this...good to remember to laugh about it all once in a while...which reminds, STOP ARSING ABOUT AND PUT MORE JOKES IN THE RANDOM THREAD! Some of them have had me in tears of laughter...

Reciprocated Mick...TBF I cracked up at this...good to remember to laugh about it all once in a while...which reminds, STOP ARSING ABOUT AND PUT MORE JOKES IN THE RANDOM THREAD! Some of them have had me in tears of laughter...

hmm another thing worth considering

would swansea fans, norwhich fans, and say wigan fans as well.....would they GLADLY bite our hands off if we were to propose a straight swap with managers? or would they be hesitant to lose their leaders

And another great post which, when I read it, nails my thoughts exactly. again, Raziel's post was excellent, and Dmac's have been too...but I realize that I have really personally lost faith in Harry. It's the messages he doesn't send which bother me, especially when he is a man who likes to send messages! To some it's irrational, and I accept that, and further putting aside other factors, my gut feeling is not one of trust in the man. IF Levy does not act on his unhappiness for whatever reason, then like any loyal supporter I will give him and the team my full support as I always do.

I fuly agree with this sentiment Steff. Harry seems to appear to be happy to settle for second best. He is not a winner. His record in crucial "must win" games is abysmal. He is content to be "up there" and thinks this is the best we can hope for. Well I for one want the very best for the club. To be winners, to win cups, to qualify for the CL on a regular basis. I feel we should strive to be the best. Some are happy with mediocrity - attractive football mediocrity but mediocrity nevertheless. That is fine, that is their choice.

I am heartily sick of jibes from scum such as "bottlers", "wimps", "failures", "mind the gap" etc etc. Will we do any better under HR, I doubt it. Will we be consigned to being "nearly men", I suspect so. For me that is not enough. I want us to win things. I dont think Harry will inspire us to win things. After the last two season collapses, I too have lost faith in him to deliver. We have a very talented squad of players, with one or two additions and a real belief, we could achieve great things. To dare is to do. We must dare to believe. Harry patently doesnt believe and he doesnt inspire others to either. We must be led by a winner.

In my opinion

Back