• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

The thing is im not actually sue he has acted like a mercenary. This criticism aimed at him because he wasnt saying "we" is a bit pedantic to say the least.

I think people from the get go had this perception of Harry and no matter what Harry did or said, this perception will have constantly clouded peoples judgement of him.

Besides I dont care if the Manager is a **** - as long as he is successful and Harry, for all intents and purposes, has been successful. Mourinho is a **** and Madrid fans really didnt like how he had conducted himself - yet he wins the league and hey presto - a new contract. Our fans though cannot see that we arent the best club in the UK we are not the best club in London yet we have cut the gap between ourselves and chelscum considerably despite inferior amounts of money. This in my opinion means that Harry thus far has been a success and some slack has to be cut for him.

We'll have to agree to disagree here because I think there is a very big difference between using the terms 'we' and 'they' in this context and it isn't pedantic to point it out.

Has anyone heard from mr redknapp recently? Starting to get slightly worried

Could be a number of reasons for that. He knows hes not got the England job and wants to keep his job at Spurs so is shutting his gobbrick mouth and went into hiding for a while. Levy has told him to stfu or he is visiting the England school of ethics and tactics and cannot be contacted.

I'm hoping for all of the above.

Has anyone heard from mr redknapp recently? Starting to get slightly worried

People have this image in their heads that Redknapp goes running to the press on a regular basis. He does not. What Redknapp does do is talk and talk and talk at press conferences or when stopped outside the training ground. Redknapp will give more soundbites (most of them throwaway but in print they look far worse) in 30 minutes than most Managers do in a month! And from that one press conference the media will release articles with Redknapp quotes for days.....making it seem like he is talking to the press on a daily basis.

Sorry, the point I was trying to make (very badly looking back) is that I don't think anyone will be able to point you in the direction of a game where Paul Lambert changed tactics away against Stoke and saved the day, because were not Norwich fans and don't watch them week in week out. I think its a moot point anyway. As fans of other clubs, the only way we can judge other teams is by measuring their relative successes against their materials they have to work with.

Its unlikely that people on this board have watched other teams enough to give you specific instances of other managers tactical nouse. I certainly cant anyway.

But what I can say is that I have seen a lot of Spurs this year and am unhappy with Harry Redknapp as manager, for various reasons.

He never had a record of success before coming to us, much like the names being banded around, but in your eyes at least, has been a huge success. There's no reason why any manager with an average record who suddenly inherits a far superior squad couldn't achieve the same.

I'm not saying I would rush out and want to appoint any old manager, but someone with a bit of commitment and long term potential would certainly be a step in the right direction.

Someone who could refer to Spurs as 'we' rather than 'they' without almost being sick would certainly be a step in the right direction.

Surely then it could well be a case of the grass is always greener? If we get another Manager in, it may turn out not to be. The criticisms labelled at Redknapp are almost identical to the ones I heard labelled towards Venables, Ardiles, Francis, Graham, Gross, Hoddle, Jol and Ramos. "No transfer stategy, making subs too late, incapable of changing things mid-game, losing against teams we should be beating, too reliant on one player, the players are to thank for our good performances not the Manager" etc etc.

I guess what I am saying, is that it looks to me like people are suggesting alternatives without actually having any detailed well informed knowledge OF the alternative beyond superficial results or history at other clubs. That to me, makes zero sense.

Surely then it could well be a case of the grass is always greener? If we get another Manager in, it may turn out not to be. The criticisms labelled at Redknapp are almost identical to the ones I heard labelled towards Venables, Ardiles, Francis, Graham, Gross, Hoddle, Jol and Ramos. "No transfer stategy, making subs too late, incapable of changing things mid-game, losing against teams we should be beating, too reliant on one player, the players are to thank for our good performances not the Manager" etc etc.

I guess what I am saying, is that it looks to me like people are suggesting alternatives without actually having any detailed well informed knowledge OF the alternative beyond superficial results or history at other clubs. That to me, makes zero sense.

its odd...people wanting redknapp to leave and being so certain of it

has there been a better manager than harry over the last 20 years?
Do people think there are significantly better managers that are attainable?
How easy do people think it would be to replace redknapp? and how can you guarantee improvement?

Basically people are happy to remove something positive thats happened to us (no matter how you look at it) over the last few years in order to replace it with more risk filled opions....

weird.

MK said it, "the grass is always greener"...have to admit i too think what if we had a wenger calibre coach...how good would we be etc etc....but the chances of finding one and them willing to come are very small.

People used to slag off jol when there were obvious failings with the team and he never came up with any answers to the press. It was incredibly frustrating, like how inept we were at defending set pieces

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

its odd...people wanting redknapp to leave and being so certain of it

has there been a better manager than harry over the last 20 years?
Do people think there are significantly better managers that are attainable?
How easy do people think it would be to replace redknapp? and how can you guarantee improvement?

Basically people are happy to remove something positive thats happened to us (no matter how you look at it) over the last few years in order to replace it with more risk filled opions....

weird.

MK said it, "the grass is always greener"...have to admit i too think what if we had a wenger calibre coach...how good would we be etc etc....but the chances of finding one and them willing to come are very small.

in terms of results

there has never been a better manager than Redknapp at Spurs in the last 100 years, take a look at the managers section on Topspurs.com

So you don't think people would complain?

- How many years and never fixed the keeper/DM problem at Scum
- Defense is terrible
- No plan B
- Deluded press conferences
- weak teams for domestic cups
- Awful injury record

Every manager has their faults, weaknesses that seem obvious, etc.

Real question is, based on expectations BEFORE season starts, are they delivering, and if anyone says 3 years ago

- Spurs would not have taken 4th, 5th, 4th as the next 3 sets of results, I'll call BS on them anytime.

The problem is it was 'me against them' scenario because had idiotic fans who were against him from minute one. Hell theyre still against him now and have been during his tenure.

What do you expect? He has been relatively successful yet one bad run and people want him out. Even without the bad run people still would have wanted him out. Imagine if you were in Harrys shoes - he could win the CL yet people will still want him out.

How can you expect Harry to have any affinity with a club if fans constantly slag him off (behind his back i.e. on forums etc) and yes players and Managers I am sure use forums.
The solution is J??rgen takes over and then Harry Quantum Leaps with him.

Last edited:
So you don't think people would complain?

- How many years and never fixed the keeper/DM problem at Scum
- Defense is terrible
- No plan B
- Deluded press conferences
- weak teams for domestic cups
- Awful injury record

Every manager has their faults, weaknesses that seem obvious, etc.

Real question is, based on expectations BEFORE season starts, are they delivering, and if anyone says 3 years ago

- Spurs would not have taken 4th, 5th, 4th as the next 3 sets of results, I'll call BS on them anytime.

just so i can clarify. is wenger not either the best or second best manager / coach in the premiership and is he or is he not one of the best manager / coaches in the world? cause no one is saying that managers do or dont have faults, i agree with you they do. but fact of the matter is that even the faults wont change how good a manager is

oh, i think hat was the point you were trying to make? that even though harry has his faults he is still a very good manager?

just so i can clarify. is wenger not either the best or second best manager / coach in the premiership and is he or is he not one of the best manager / coaches in the world? cause no one is saying that managers do or dont have faults, i agree with you they do. but fact of the matter is that even the faults wont change how good a manager is

oh, i think hat was the point you were trying to make? that even though harry has his faults he is still a very good manager?

AS .. I actually have had enough about the Redknapp situation, I personally don't think he got lucky, or the current Spurs side should actually walk the title, or anyone could guide this team to 4th or all the othe BS I read daily.

Wenger is a very good coach, but if we got Wenger/SAF/Jose/Mancini/who the fudge ever, unless we won every game 9-0, the PL, CL every year, people on this board would bitch about something, seriously starting to believe Spurs fans are a bunch of fickle pricks (no personal offense to anyone) with a stupid ass sense of entitlement.

Last time I checked, we hadn't won the title in my lifetime, the only trophies in 2 decades is the mickey mouse cup, and only in the last 5-7 years we have been able to play in Europe at all (following a 25 years absense), but 4th isn't good enough ... whatever ...

When you say "we" do you mean Spurs or Brighton?

Cogent - "wazzed" on?

Too funny.

"Tirade" over

Typical MC post. Doesnt concentrate on the football points. More interested in point scoring - and way off the mark as usual even on that!

People have this image in their heads that Redknapp goes running to the press on a regular basis. He does not. What Redknapp does do is talk and talk and talk at press conferences or when stopped outside the training ground. Redknapp will give more soundbites (most of them throwaway but in print they look far worse) in 30 minutes than most Managers do in a month! And from that one press conference the media will release articles with Redknapp quotes for days.....making it seem like he is talking to the press on a daily basis.

Isn't it surprising that with all the potential questions surrounding the club, NONE of Harry's media pals have sought him out for a quote? Not even post-match in Munich? I think it's naive to believe that they aren't leaving him alone either for a reason or by request...of course, I have to say NOT seeing him in the public eye for a week is a relief.

in terms of results

there has never been a better manager than Redknapp at Spurs in the last 100 years, take a look at the managers section on Topspurs.com

How can you compare arry to Billy Nick - and make him the better manager in terms of results? Did I miss something or did Mr R achieve the double without me realising it?

AS .. I actually have had enough about the Redknapp situation, I personally don't think he got lucky, or the current Spurs side should actually walk the title, or anyone could guide this team to 4th or all the othe BS I read daily.

Wenger is a very good coach, but if we got Wenger/SAF/Jose/Mancini/who the fudge ever, unless we won every game 9-0, the PL, CL every year, people on this board would bitch about something, seriously starting to believe Spurs fans are a bunch of fickle pricks (no personal offense to anyone) with a stupid ass sense of entitlement.

Last time I checked, we hadn't won the title in my lifetime, the only trophies in 2 decades is the mickey mouse cup, and only in the last 5-7 years we have been able to play in Europe at all (following a 25 years absense), but 4th isn't good enough ... whatever ...

I think im pretty much in this frame of though. but i still have quite a bit more space to deal with comments of others...and alot less venom in my words (not that there is that much venom in yours to begin with)

How can you compare arry to Billy Nick - and make him the better manager in terms of results? Did I miss something or did Mr R achieve the double without me realising it?

are you the worlds thickest poster? read the fudging post before criticising it. In fact - do everyone a favour, just don't comment on any of my posts, because you have lost all sense of perspective where I am concerned, or you are just genuinely under equipped to think and comprehend.

in terms of results, thats what it says, you even reposted the damn thing. I even told you where to go to check

I did not say silverware

You have lost any ability to be adult, rational or talk sense where I am concerned.

JUST
STOP!

in terms of results, thats what it says, you even reposted the damn thing. I even told you where to go to check

I did not say silverware

You have lost any ability to be adult, rational or talk sense where I am concerned.

Back in the days silverware were more important than results; in the modern top-4-for-CL(usually)-money-game results, sadly, are more important - so you can't really compare records just like that.

Comparing Redknapp to Nicholson is just laughable and an insult to the memory of the former.

Whilst it's impossible to deny what you're saying, can I ask you the following (in the spirit of debate not rancor)...

1) At what point should we be satisfied given the preview we had for half the season of what could've been?
2) If the loss of 3rd place/semi-final was down to the side and squad not being good enough you'd be on the money, but do you genuinely NOT believe this squad was ever good enough to maintain the 3rd place it had owned for over half the season, or win the semi-final?
3) Were you satisfied with the squad rotation?
4) Were you satisfied with the man-management of both the first team and squaddies like Pienaar and Bassong?
5) Do you believe that players were often played unfit when fit squad options were available (Ledley doesn't count!!!!!!! ;-) )

Back