• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Recovering date from phone memory card

Hootnow

Jermaine Jenas
Unfortunately, lately my phone's memory card has decided to become 'read only'. I can still access the files on the memory card itself on the phone but can't download any new things on it directly and when I try to connect it to my computer, it doesn't recognise it.

I don't really want to give it to one of these computer guys because there's some sensitive info on it (some passwords etc) which I'd obviously rather not be giving up.

(And yes, I know it is stupid to put passwords on there)

Do any of you have any suggestions as to how I can recover the data from the card myself?

If it does, in theory you should be able to transfer data to another device via Bluetooth I would have thought..

I used to do a fair bit of data recovery to top up my salary.

It's not tough, but you need good apps (don't go for the cheap ones). Most of them are available on torrents though.

You need one that reads the raw sectors on the card, not the partition data. It will then piece together the info it finds into files (usually based on header information).

I'm happy to take a look for you. I know you're worried about the sensitivity of your data, but I know your IP address, so if I wanted your data, I'd have it ;)

Back