• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Real Madrid partnership

True, we would be much better off with access to say Southampton's database.

But there is so much money in football I could see Real having this, partly as a luxury, partly just because they then really know their players. Now I think about it the players they bring in tend to be quite settled guys. Mega stars yes but no Balotellis or other bad boys. I think they like to know these players inside out.

It's not about having the biggest and best database of players.

It's about using the database that you have wisely.

It's not that we've bought bad players.

It's just that we haven't bought the right players for us.

i think we got a copy of their champ man shortlist

sadly there was only spurs players on it

Last edited:
I never expected anything of this. Like most of you, I thought it a PR exercise first and foremost.

It doesn't mean there isn't a little something. Perhaps we are given first dibs on players they don't want, but this won't be in the form of bargain deals. For instance, they could let us know which players are surplus to requirements, then it is up to us to make a deal with the player and come up with a fee close to market value. If United come in for £60m then there is nothing we can do. If we could convince a player, with wages a major stumbling block, I suspect they would rather sell to us for a little less - with emphasis on the little - than to a club they see as a rival. What it would means is that we'd be ahead of other second tier European clubs for a player like RvdV, who was unwanted by the big clubs.

The only way this "partnership" could work is if we were in the CL, regularly. More than likely that's the main reason why Van Der Vaart came to Spurs. Their players are not going to want to the play in the Europa League.

I don't know how big companies can put out these statements which is a PR exercise as most believe it is and expect people to not see through them, do they actually think we are all stupid?

Part of the problem is the vagueness of this "partnership"

It has left the fans generally ignorant as to what it entails. Which consequently leads to the kind of complaints in this thread.

As I understand it, the partnership is similar to those we have with a number of other clubs around the world - in which which best business practices, player training philosophy etc. are shared. It was never intended as a "first dibs" kind of arrangement for either party.

People see 'partnership' and assume it's to do with player trading, which is unlikely to be the case. We have deals with clubs around the world - USA Brazil Equador and South Africa (as far as whats been publicised over the years) - and similar to Real these deals will mostly involve stuff outside of player trading between us and them.

People see 'partnership' and assume it's to do with player trading, which is unlikely to be the case. We have deals with clubs around the world - USA Brazil Equador and South Africa (as far as whats been publicised over the years) - and similar to Real these deals will mostly involve stuff outside of player trading between us and them.

that is true but seeing as they have poached two of our best players you would think it would be a two way street? I mean every year they buy new players and stars from last year are deemed surplus. Ozil hasn't worked out like most of us thought but i and others were furious they sold him to the Goons

that is true but seeing as they have poached two of our best players you would think it would be a two way street? I mean every year they buy new players and stars from last year are deemed surplus. Ozil hasn't worked out like most of us thought but i and others were furious they sold him to the Goons

We won't get any of their players until we become a CL regular.

If anyone thought it'd impact such transfers then i think that was a little niave of them (to put it lightly)

They didn't sign Bale and Modric because of the deal - they bought them because they are two of the best players in the world and they have the financial weight and draw to sign such players.

Re Ozil - it'd have to be one hell of a partnership to scupper such transfers - do you honestly believe a partnership deal would stop a club from making 40m from a transfer?

If anyone thought it'd impact such transfers then i think that was a little niave of them (to put it lightly)

They didn't sign Bale and Modric because of the deal - they bought them because they are two of the best players in the world and they have the financial weight and draw to sign such players.

Re Ozil - it'd have to be one hell of a partnership to scupper such transfers - do you honestly believe a partnership deal would stop a club from making 40m from a transfer?

There had to be other clubs in for him even at that price but I do agree with what you are saying I'm sure the partnership deal had little to do with transfers but in my heart as a supporter it just left me fuming

Spot on.

Although weren't people complaining about our "partnership with Internacional not working out" when they "wouldn't sell us Damiao" for a reasonable fee? :lol:

Why would you think it's a two way street on player trading?

Since the partnership was put in place there's been one transfer between the clubs. Gareth Bale for a world record fee. That's all.

Tottenham are bracing themselves for a £20m bid from Real Madrid for France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 27, in the January transfer window. (Daily Express)

If we sell them another of our players without at least getting one of theirs in return as part of the deal I will be seroiusly f#cked off.
The only circumstance I would be happy seeing Lloris go to Real in any window would be if Bale came in the opposite direction (or Rodriquez...)

Back