• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs WBA

Dembele needs to pass faster first-time and stop dwelling on/dribbling with the ball all the time. Same with our other players except Holtby, though Bale gets more leeway since he's capable of those individual goals. We're missing out on seeing opportunities here because we take so long to figure out what to do with the ball and our passing tends to slow down play by forcing the receiver to readjust his body rather than keep running along the same momentum. It reminds me of Liverpool last season, except for less possession in the final third - lots of passing, no real target in the box, loads of shots but very few CLEARCUT chances created thanks to the slowness of play.

I think it's general team issues like that that are a bigger problem than individual performances (lack of a smart striker aside). Having said that, Lewis will look better and better the more familiar he gets with his teammates, and Ade's return will help.

Good points. And Mumorn made some good points, too

Lloris - 7 - Sweeper keeper.
Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 6.5
Vertonghen - 6.5
Ekotto - 6.5
Lennon - 7
Dembele - 7
Parker - 6 - An improvement on last game but still looks off the pace.
Bale - 8.5 - Constant threat, great goal.
Dempsey - 6
Defoe - 6

Holtby - 7.5 - Demanded the football which he made good use of, like his fighting spirit.
Gallas - 6.5
Sigurdsson - 6.5 - Great corner with his first touch of the game, some nice interplay with Holtby.

Oh, what a surprise that YOU would jump in.

Do you just sit there waiting for the opportunity to pick up on something a mod says or does?

Get a life.

Ironic. Now you are definitely being a hypocrite. For a start, I would defend your right to post what you did all day, but these are YOUR rules not mine.

If we are all going to get childish PMs and comments in threads from mods telling to stop the most harmless of comments, why the hell should you be allowed to belittle KDs opening post and then tell someone to get a life simply for pointing out that however much you want to make it look like KD is in the wrong, any neutral can see you provoked it and then others joined in because they had a mod on side.

If we were all allowed to do it, I'd have absolutely no problem with your post. It was clearly in a casual pointing it out style post in the first place (rather than being a major complaint) as you were ranting at KD despite being the instigator.

As for mods, there have been plenty of threads criticising you guys that I never get involved in. But I continually do have my posts "jumped" on by several mods, yet it never goes down well when I point out the odd one in return. I look forward to your abusive PM reply.

Lloris 7.5 some really good saves in the first half, became a spectator in the second, but responded well when later required.

BAE 6.5 got a little bullied in the first half, but how much space did he have in the second, great clipped ball for Bale.
Vertonghen 7 nice and assured, just another day at "the office".
Dawson 6.5 got a little bullied in the first half, but kept it nice and simple in the second.
Walker 6 some of his corners in the first half were rather poor, as were the delivery of some of his crosses.

Bale 8 superb goal, stayed on his feet and a sublime piece of skill in the second half when he lifted the ball over a defender.
Dembele 7 best performance for some time, looked to have some confidence back.
Parker 6.5 a few misplaced passes, but quietly effective in his duties today.
Lennon 7.5 Mr Consistent, gave WBA a torrid time, down either flank.

Dempsey 6.5 the effort he put in for the team today should not be overlooked.
Defoe 6 was working tirelessly for the team until the unfortunate injury.

Subs:

Holtby 8 MoTM for me (just), his appearance on the pitch, allied with his enthusiasm, movement and industry allowed the rest of the team to play higher up the park. It looks as though he has developed a real understanding with the rest of the team, especially Bale.
Sigurdsson 6 great delivery at set pieces, is becoming an integral member of the team.
Gallas 6.5 understandably he initially struggled with the pace of the game, but quietly effective in his duties today.

Management Team 8.5 I though AVB got most things right today and I love Freund.

Fans 7 for the first time this season, I detected a little conflict in the crowd, with the whole business of where Bale should play. Given our lack of available options up front, he should be allowed to play where he wants! Some of the Odemwingie stuff was funny and Holtby has tweeted that he likes his song.

Lloris (7) - He was there exactly when we needed him. Top quality goalkeeper.
BAE (6) - very sloppy today. Quite a few missed passes.
Dawson (6.5) - Im a big Daws fan (Cue my avatar) but even I know he was a bit lax today. However, he did make it up with very crucial interceptions.
Vertonghen (7) - Comfortable & important.
Walker (7) - Dealt well with the home fans abuse & also was solid.
Bale (8) - MOTM, world class. I have a man crush on this guy..
Dembele (5.5) - Poor...
Parker (5) - See above
Lennon (7) - Why couldnt no one latch onto his crosses!!!??
Dempsey (7) - Cant fault his work rate.
Defoe (5) - Only because of the injury - but still ineffective.

Holtby (7) - This boy is going to be a spurs legend FACT!!
Gallas (6) - Didnt put a foot wrong.
Siggurdson (NA)

Ironic. Now you are definitely being a hypocrite. For a start, I would defend your right to post what you did all day, but these are YOUR rules not mine.

If we are all going to get childish PMs and comments in threads from mods telling to stop the most harmless of comments, why the hell should you be allowed to belittle KDs opening post and then tell someone to get a life simply for pointing out that however much you want to make it look like KD is in the wrong, any neutral can see you provoked it and then others joined in because they had a mod on side.

If we were all allowed to do it, I'd have absolutely no problem with your post. It was clearly in a casual pointing it out style post in the first place (rather than being a major complaint) as you were ranting at KD despite being the instigator.

As for mods, there have been plenty of threads criticising you guys that I never get involved in. But I continually do have my posts "jumped" on by several mods, yet it never goes down well when I point out the odd one in return. I look forward to your abusive PM reply.

Source?

:lol:
\o/

BTW, this is a ratings thread, did I miss yours?

Lloris 10

how hilarious some people thought Brad was his equal

Bale 11

oh yes Pleat - keep Bale on the wing - that's why you won fudge all with spurs even with hoddle waddle ardilles etc

holtby 10

fantastic

ENIC 0

where's our striker

Lloris 7 - commanded his area very well, plus a couple of decent saves

Walker 6 - his habit of hesitating when going forward in possession more and more irritating

Dawson 7 - one or two slightly dodgy moments but solid otherwise

Verts 7 - see Daws

BAE 6 - too many wayward passes, but there were some belters in there too

Lennon 7 - excellent game, took on and beat his man then produced decent crosses, faded late on

Dembele 6 - some good work but not at his best today, beginning to male a habit of yielding possession

Parker 6 - does what it says on the tin

Bale 8 - stunning goal; where would we be without his 'selfishness'?

Dempsey 5 - should have done better with the chances that came his way

Defoe 6 - some good work but no real chances before his injury

Subs

Holtby 7 - puts himself about and comes up with some tasty balls over the top

Siggy 6

Gallas = n/a

Lloris 7.5 some really good saves in the first half, became a spectator in the second, but responded well when later required.

BAE 6.5 got a little bullied in the first half, but how much space did he have in the second, great clipped ball for Bale.
Vertonghen 7 nice and assured, just another day at "the office".
Dawson 6.5 got a little bullied in the first half, but kept it nice and simple in the second.
Walker 6 some of his corners in the first half were rather poor, as were the delivery of some of his crosses.

Bale 8 superb goal, stayed on his feet and a sublime piece of skill in the second half when he lifted the ball over a defender.
Dembele 7 best performance for some time, looked to have some confidence back.
Parker 6.5 a few misplaced passes, but quietly effective in his duties today.
Lennon 7.5 Mr Consistent, gave WBA a torrid time, down either flank.

Dempsey 6.5 the effort he put in for the team today should not be overlooked.
Defoe 6 was working tirelessly for the team until the unfortunate injury.

Subs:

Holtby 8 MoTM for me (just), his appearance on the pitch, allied with his enthusiasm, movement and industry allowed the rest of the team to play higher up the park. It looks as though he has developed a real understanding with the rest of the team, especially Bale.
Sigurdsson 6 great delivery at set pieces, is becoming an integral member of the team.
Gallas 6.5 understandably he initially struggled with the pace of the game, but quietly effective in his duties today.

Management Team 8.5 I though AVB got most things right today and I love Freund.

Fans 7 for the first time this season, I detected a little conflict in the crowd, with the whole business of where Bale should play. Given our lack of available options up front, he should be allowed to play where he wants! Some of the Odemwingie stuff was funny and Holtby has tweeted that he likes his song.

:eek:

Lloris 7 - commanded his area very well, plus a couple of decent saves

Walker 6 - his habit of hesitating when going forward in possession more and more irritating

Dawson 7 - one or two slightly dodgy moments but solid otherwise

Verts 7 - see Daws

BAE 6 - too many wayward passes, but there were some belters in there too

Lennon 7 - excellent game, took on and beat his man then produced decent crosses, faded late on

Dembele 6 - some good work but not at his best today, beginning to male a habit of yielding possession

Parker 6 - does what it says on the tin

Bale 8 - stunning goal; where would we be without his 'selfishness'?

Dempsey 5 - should have done better with the chances that came his way

Defoe 6 - some good work but no real chances before his injury

Subs

Holtby 7 - puts himself about and comes up with some tasty balls over the top

Siggy 6

Gallas = n/a

ratings wise I think these are close to what I saw (zin count these for me as well cheers)

Walker I thought was positionally poor first half, played players on side by dropping 10 yards further back than the rest of the back line at one stage and was slow to react to clearly dangerous situations on counter attacks, but 2nd half did well.

BAE ok in parts but clearly lacking match sharpness.

Parker had some awful moments in the 1st half, like Norwich all over again, but 2nd half got better, hopefully that's match sharpness kicking in?

Dempsey - clearly holtby should take his place next game.

Siggy- would love to see this guy get a start in a league game, but currently others ahead of him, hopefully he stays patient, you can see he's got something, it's just his performances in the 1st few months were so poor, in the spurs side of the last 3 months he'd have looked better i think.

Ratings are an argument waiting to happen in my own head, let alone with other posters if I could ever decide firmly enough on arbitrary numbers to put down.
But were I so minded, I would seriously mark Dawson down for the brainless (almost giddy immature) way he fouled a West Brom player with less than a minute to go allowing them to send everyone up for a dangerous set-piece. I love the man and his enthusiam but, my stars, he sometimes just does the most stupid things. A shame that I give disproportionate attention to that error because a lot of his other play was decent. Some of his long balls were accurate too.

And Parker, what has happened? The short give-and-go (where he is given the ball while his teammate goes) works really well sometimes to create and then exploit space. But suddenly it seems that is his go-to option, the little sideways or backwards pass to a colleague who he then hope can create something, when in actuality an opportunity for a more incisive forward ball has slipped away.

Lloris - 7 - Pretty standard, did everything that was asked of him.

Walker - 7 - Looked decent defensively, didn't quite hit it off going forwards though he was getting in decent positions.
Dawson - 6 - Was dominated in the air repeatedly.
Vertonghen - 7 -
Ekotto - 6.5 - Passing range is good, defensive lapses at times though.

Lennon - 7.5 - Excellent all round. Beat his man with ease when he got the opportunity.
Dembele - 6.5 - Seemed to lose concentration at times leading to losses in possession.
Parker - 6.5 - Looked far better today then he did against Leeds. Was worried at the start of the match, as his 'passing and moving' seemed to involve moving to stand next to a team mate, but it didn't last too long.
Bale - 8 - Was not convinced by him playing off the striker, looked far better when he was shifted out to the left. (though at times he did not stay there)

Dempsey - 6.5 - Didn't impress, but wasn't particularly bad. Wasn't getting anywhere in his attempts to pick the lock.
Defoe - 6 - Was looking to get involved.

Holtby - 7.5 - Genuinely impressed. Looked to want to get involved at every opportunity. Played off the back line of the defence well in the build up play, almost had a decent chance of goal, but ball seemed to get caught under his feet. Though that was pretty much his only mistake.

Edit: Verts rating changed.

Last edited:
Lloris - 7 showed good range of skills yesterday: quick off the line, good aerial reach and shot stopping.
Walker - 7 worked hard up and down that flank; good determination on opponents but let down by final ball a few times.
Dawson/Verts - 6 both looked slow and unimposing yesterday, with little understanding
Ekotto/Parker - 6 both clearly lacking match fitness and at times looked lost from Bale missing from left wing/crowding the centre
Lennon - 7 good shift put in but pretty much double teamed so couldn't do too much. thought he should have gone for goal a few times though.
Dembele - 7 saved us a couple of times by tracking the through ball; mesmerizing at times but gave the ball away in the final third 2 times too many
Bale -9 puts our strikers to shame in terms of skill, attitude and desire.
Dempsey - 6 another had day's work
Defoe - 5 pretty much anonymous til injured.
Holtby - 8 good energy but and very communicative with players. His extra runs around the box gave Bale the time to conjure up his magic. Must start next match. Got involved in many areas of the pitch, tackled, intercepted, pressured, shot on goal etc... pretty much the complete package!
-------
Not rated:
Sigurdsson - good off the ball movement to keep the WBA defence pegged back.
Gallas - not much to do but didn't do much wrong either; a couple of deft touches to show who is in charge

AVB: 6 - Was taking a big gamble putting Bale through the centre (leaving BAE isolated) and Walker pushed up high (leaving our two CB's to deal with Long and Lukaku). With BAE and Parker lacking match fitness we were going to look really slow, while his idea of Dembele dropping deep and Loris sweeping up through balls worked yesterday, we will be punished by better teams with better strikers. I also suspect ACB is trying to mould Bale into a Hulk. OK we won, but it felt very risky.

Last edited:
Back