• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs WBA

I am not a fan of dawson to say the least but he has come back very strong and these who were saying we should keep him were probably right.

For me, that is as solid as I have seen him. Confident, brave, in control. As soon as he looses confidence he becomes very shaky but that is far from the case at the moment.

I

Thing with Daws for me right now is that he gives the whole side something in terms of leadership. Frankly, his first 30 mins were terrible, two atrociously misplaced passes which were nearly gifts, but he keeps his head up and works through it. Verts is also a bit shakey right now; if he had that flu which has been circling the globe, he might well not be 100% right now? But they both manage to make it work against two very, very strong frontmen (I rate Long and think he would be a great 4th striker...although we'd need a second and third first!!!!!)...

Thing with Daws for me right now is that he gives the whole side something in terms of leadership. Frankly, his first 30 mins were terrible, two atrociously misplaced passes which were nearly gifts, but he keeps his head up and works through it. Verts is also a bit shakey right now; if he had that flu which has been circling the globe, he might well not be 100% right now? But they both manage to make it work against two very, very strong frontmen (I rate Long and think he would be a great 4th striker...although we'd need a second and third first!!!!!)...

In all seriousness, I think you're right 'Steff! I think that Long would suit our 'system', he is highly mobile, he is good in the air and he is a real handful. I think he might be a good 3rd choice striker?

A drab performance against 10 men, I thought. My ratings might seem a bit harsh but I am probably just working to a different benchmark than some others.

We weren't creating much going through the middle, other than Parker's through ball to Holtby, so I can understand why Pleat thought Bale should stick out wide, even if the simian one did score the goal from the middle; it's not unheard of for wingers to cut in and score from distance.

Loris 7

Walker 6
Dawson 5
Vertonghen 5
Crabman 4

Lennon 7
Parker 6
Dembele 6
Bale 8

Dempsey 5

Defoe 5

Holtby 7
Gallas 6
Siggy played guitar, jamming good with Weird & Gilly

Lloris 8

Walker 6.5
Verts 7
Dawson 7
Ekotto 6

Lennon 6.5
Dembele 7.5
Parker 6.5
Bale 9

Defoe 5
Dempsey 5

Holtby 8

This. Bale on a different planet. What would we do without him. Holtby was a breath of fresh air - kept on passing and moving. Others please take note.

Back