• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs the Ar5e

Lloris - 6

Walker - 8
Alder - 8
Vert - 7
Rose - 7

Dier - 8
Alli - 8

Eriksen - 7
Dembele - 8
Lamela - 8

Kane - 8

Can not believe there are some who blame Walker for their goal, he was MOM ( imo).

^This
Edit - Lamela My MOM

Thought Hugo should have done better for their goal!

Last edited:
Hugo - 6.5 - didn't deal with the goal well but i think any keeper would struggle with a close range miss hit shot
Walker - 8 - Kept the player I rate highest in their team completely in check and went past him with ease when available
Toby - 7 - solid and functional which is how i like my CB's
Jan - 6.5 - He left his man for that goal and was ball watching (goal wasn't his fault by any means but it was another time where let his man go)
Rose - 7.5 - Big fan and he keeps on doing things that most left backs struggle with yet he seems to not get the recognition
Dier - 7 - Dint notice him much so he was clearly doing his job. Probably not his most expansive game for us but he is vital to how we play
Dembele - 8 - Class with the ball and harassed without it
Alli - 8- Class with the ball and harassed without it
Lamella - 8 - - Class with the ball and harassed without it (i know its the same as the other 2 but they worked as unit)
Eriksen - 7.5 - Great running stats again, and he is still for me our biggest creative force
Kane - 8 - He knew he was scoring as soon as the pass was made, he is class personified

Sorry but if you are blaming walker for the goal, you need to watch more football. He did what a good full back does and got on the cover as OG was the biggest threat. Even if you listen to commentary, Neville, who is best right back the prem has seen, says he can see why walker wasn't there and can not blame him. (plus he has a coaching badge which none of us do, a PRO license)

We got overloaded and our keeper didn't bail us out. No blame attached. If anything question why the cross got into our box.

Why do people find the need to be so fudging condescending if someone's opinion differs from theirs.

In my 'opinion' he was tucked in too far and got caught somewhat under the ball. Yes he was somewhat stuck in no-man's land as he was covering the gooner who was behind Toby, but the bottom line is that Gibbs was his man to mark. I'm not laying the blame squarely on him by the way, Lloris would have got an 8 if not for the goal due to a couple of great saves.

Why do people find the need to be so fudgeing condescending if someone's opinion differs from theirs.

In my 'opinion' he was tucked in too far and got caught somewhat under the ball. Yes he was somewhat stuck in no-man's land as he was covering the gooner who was behind Toby, but the bottom line is that Gibbs was his man to mark. I'm not laying the blame squarely on him by the way, Lloris would have got an 8 if not for the goal due to a couple of great saves.

He was caught covering two men and would have got away with it if Loris had made a better job of covering his near post.

Lloris 6
Walker 8
Alderweireld 7
Vertonghen 7
Rose 7
Dier 7
Alli 8
Lamela 8
Dembele 8
Eriksen 7
Kane 8

Son 5
Mason 6
Onomah 6

I'm not sure about that just watched the highlights again, I didn't see anything like that really?

I can't remember them either. There was one from Campbell down low to his right which was a decent stop but one you'd expect any competent keeper to get and a header low down from Giroud that he kind of pat-a-caked around the post when really he could've held it. He stayed on his line when he should've came for Giroud's header which clipped the bar and he really should've saved the goal. I love Hugo as much as the next Spurs fan but too many are rating the player and not the performance here.

I will say though that his kicking was decent, he found Walker and Rose with regularity which helped us start attacks.

My view from a seat in with the enemy in Arsenal’s East stand (GHod that was a difficult 90 minutes of my life!)

Lloris - 6. Made a few decent (although expected) saves but really should’ve saved their equaliser. I'm confident that we would’ve gone on to take all 3 points had he done so.

Walker - 8. a superb performance from Walker, attacked intelligently and was defensively superb.

Toby - 7 Solid, uses the ball well, was unlucky with his header from the corner, although I found it rather concerning how many chances Arsenal had from set pieces.

Vertonghen - 7. See above (minus the header from the corner bit)

Rose – 8. Another excellent game from IMO the best left back in the country. Superb ball for Kane’s goal and used it intelligently for the rest of the game

Dier – 7. Won us the midfield battle but I felt that he lost Giroud far too many times on Arsenal set pieces and that could’ve unjustly cost us the game.

Ali – 8. I cannot believe this kid is only 19 (or is he 20 now?) He was first to the ball, tackled well, showed good skill and good passing. Will be a regular for England within 2 years.

Dembele – 9. MoTM. Absolute beast in the centre of the park, excellent pressing, won everything, pretty much never lost the ball. Another superb performance

Lamela – 7. Incredible work rate, I was very worried that he was going to get himself sent off though. Got into more good positions than probably any other player in the game although I felt that he did then waste a lot of good opportunities once he got into those positions, seeming to generally run out of ideas when on the edge of their penalty area.

Eriksen – 7. Same incredible workrate as Lamela. Used the ball well. Didn't exactly stamp his authority on the game though - hence a 7 and not an 8.

Kane – 8. Very well taken goal, also had another 4 opportunities to score but missed the target a few times which is unlike Harry. He made Mertesacker and Koschielny look like park players at times. The way he held the ball up was brilliant and was the focal point in our play. We desperately need to buy another player who can play with his back to goal in January to avoid over burdening him.

Subs

Mason – 7. Showed the work rate that we expect from him and used it intelligently in the time that he was on.

Son - 6. I thought he struggled to get involved but then again it was a hard game to come on in and get involved from the off.

Onomah – no score. Wasn’t on the pitch long enough to be able to award him a mark.

Overall team score: 9. We went to away to Arsenal and dominated them, played the better football and created chances from our open play. The only threat that Arsenal had was from set pieces and balls swung into the box for Giroud to get his head on. A real shame that we didn’t get the win that our play deserved. I hope that Poch drills into the team that we really need to make sure we take full advantage of such games and win them all. He should also be using yesterday’s game to evidence to the players that we shouldn’t be in a race for the top 4, but we should be in the title race.

Last edited:
He was caught covering two men and would have got away with it if Loris had made a better job of covering his near post.

Two times we've miscommunicated and got caught out in a week (Anderlecht and this one). We need to deal with the second phase of play a little better. Its' difficult but we need defenders getting the right side of their man and talking to one another. We could have easily conceded from one of Giroud's other glaring misses too. Plenty to work on.

The Sun's ratings

12196212_10156224091650475_5126758583443816335_n.jpg

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7 (would've been 8 apart from letting Gibbs go for their goal)
Alder - 8
Vert - 7
Rose - 7

Dier - 8
Alli - 8

Eriksen - 6
Dembele - 8
Lamela - 8

Kane - 8
How on earth can you blame Walker for that goal? He was left with 2 men to mark, and when a high cross comes into the box, who is the more dangerous of Gibbs and Giroud? AND Lloris made a bit of a mess of it. Should have saved it imo. But the real problem was that Özil got all the time in the world to pick out that pass, and it was Son who failed to press. He dropped all the way back in line with the CB's, when he should have pushed out and put pressure on Özil. I don't think Lamela would have given Özil that kind of space and time, but that's something we'll never know.

Last edited:
The Sun's rating system is probably just a chimp pulling random, numbered balls out of a basket at random.

On a side note, I think the goal is more a problem of Son and Rose not communicating. Rose had been on all game and should've been telling Son what to do. Ozil shouldn't have had that time and space to pick out a pass.

How on earth can you blame Walker for that goal? He was left with 2 men to mark, and when a high cross comes into the box, who is the more dangerous of Gibbs and Giroud? AND Lloris made a bit of a mess of it. Should have saved it imo. But the real problem was that Özil got all the time in the world to pick out that pass, and it was Son who failed to press. He dropped all the way back in line with the CB's, when he should have pushed out and put pressure on Özil. I don't think Lamela would have given Özil that kind of space and time, but that's something we'll never know.

That is how I saw it as well.

He should have tucked in and called Lamela (or whoever the right sided player at the time was) in to look after Gibbs. You could blame him for that if he didn't make the call or you could blame the right sided player for not doing it/knowing to do it.

But in the situation he was in (stuck between Giroud and Gibbs) he did the right thing by covering Giroud. Was unlucky that Ozil put such a good ball in.

Like most goals there were a number of failures. But Walker shouldn't take much blame IMO.
You're right but it was Eriksen stood in no man's land.

I'm not sure how someone with such good peripheral vision when attacking can stand where he did and not see the risk. IIRC there was also a risk of another runner in behind had they chosen to - Eriksen really had to release Walker and line up behind him there.

Why do people find the need to be so fudgeing condescending if someone's opinion differs from theirs.

I disagree with you here.... I think that Walker's positioning was probably text book in terms of the where a fullback should be in that situation with Giroud having drifted off the back of Toby. The ball from Ozil just happened to be absolutely perfectly delivered just a fraction beyond Walker's attempt to cut it out. Because the ball was so deep, I think that the only part of the goal that Gibbs could score in was the one that he did score in and even then I think Lloris should've saved it.

Back