• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Liverpool

Lloris - 5 - at fault for their second

Walker - 5 - terrible mistake for their equaliser
Vertonghen - 8 - motm
Dawson - 7 - solid
BAE - 5 - poor

Dembele - 7 - ran his socks off
Parker - 7 - great defensive shift
Livermore - 6 - clumsy, offered little
Sig - 6 - little impact

Bale - 6 - isolated
Defoe - 4 - shockorama

Holtby - 6 - no time

I always try to wait a few hours before posting in a thread like this, as it gives me time for the emotion of the game to get out of my system.

Lloris 6 - shouldn't have got beaten on the near post for the first, but was undone by two errors by his own team mates for the next two goals.
Walker 5 - schoolboy error for their second goal, looked quite decent apart from that.
Dawson 7 - thought he had a steady game.
Vertonghen 9 - 2 great goals, imperious performance (MotM)
BAE 6 - as Ray Wilkins would say "stay on your feet, Benoit"

Parker 6.5 - seemed to miss Dembele, had to cover for Livermore too much.
Livermore 5 - it would interesting to know how many forward passes he made during the game?

Dembele 7 - worked tirelessly for the team, should have swapped with Glyfi a few times to mix things up a bit.
Bale 7 - tried too hard, but the overall system forced him to pick the ball up from deep.
Sigurdsson 7 - see Dembele.

Defoe 6 - a striker needs a supply, he tried hard, but had to survive on scraps.

Subs:

Holtby 5 - should have come on after 60 minutes to make a difference.
Carroll 5 - should have come on sooner to make a difference.

AVB 7 - I thought we were too narrow and he should have made the changes sooner to influence the game.

Fans 8 - Well done to the travelling faithful, the Luis Suarez song made me Lmfao!

What the hell did Livermore do wrong?! Absolutely nothing, he kept it simple. If he was as bad as was made out he would have been hauled off at the latest at half time....

He stopped tracking their only threat for the first goal, leaving him clean through.

He stopped tracking their only threat for the first goal, leaving him clean through.

How is Livermore at fault for the first goal?

It's Walker's job to deal with Coutinho, it's Dembele's job to track Enrique, and Dawson should have tracked Suarez's run with Lloris maybe doing better at his near post.

How is Livermore at fault for the first goal?

It's Walker's job to deal with Coutinho, it's Dembele's job to track Enrique, and Dawson should have tracked Suarez's run with Lloris maybe doing better at his near post.

Livermore was tracking Suarez from deep and then just stopped.

Another 20 yards out and you can hand over to a defender like that, but not next to your own penalty spot at speed.

Watch their goal, it's ridiculous - he tracks him all the way to about 9 yards out and just stops to go and do something else. It's the same kind of ball watching that sees him give away dangerous free kicks far too often.

last year people slated Harry for changing around a number of positions because either Lennon or Bale got injured... this was very similiar.

All AVB had to do in my view was play Holtby on the right and keep the same team that beat Arse. The first half hour were atrocious but we improved until walkers error.

I am gutted so gutted because they didnt win that - we gave it away. We didnt even lose it. We gave them three points a win.

It was individual errors that cost us the game not the team selection.

Another 20 yards out and you can hand over to a defender like that, but not next to your own penalty spot at speed.

Watch their goal, it's ridiculous - he tracks him all the way to about 9 yards out and just stops to go and do something else. It's the same kind of ball watching that sees him give away dangerous free kicks far too often.

Having had another look at http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/liverpool-3-tottenham-2-000100802.html it appears that Jake was marking Suarez but about 20 yards out decides to let Luis run past him and (as Dembele hadn't tracked him back) help Walker press Enrique . They fail to cut off the angle so Enrique is able to slip the pass through to Suarez who hits it first time before Dawson, Parker or Vertonghen have a chance to react. Just poor defending as a team really, like BrainOfLevy said, imo.

Last edited:

I noticed that too. I thought maybe he was leaving him to Vertonghen or Dawson but like you say not near your own fudging penalty spot - you track the run.

It was pure ball watching but I think that was more inexperience than anything else. You carry out your instruction sbut you also need to use experience to use your initiative and he unfortunately doesnt have that.

That goal was a classic example of what Lennon does. He covers the exact space that Coutinho passed through...unrelated, I cannot fault Lloris as the finish was superb, really great finish IMO...

Having had another look at http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/liverpool-3-tottenham-2-000100802.html it appears that Jake was marking Suarez but about 20 yards out decides to let Luis run past him and (as Dembele hadn't tracked him back) help Walker press Enrique . They fail to cut off the angle so Enrique is able to slip the pass through to Suarez who hits it first time before Dawson, Parker or Vertonghen have a chance to react. Just poor defending as a team really, like BrainOfLevy said, imo.

There should certainly have been more cover from Dembele, I'm not disputing that, but Livermore has to cover the runner there until someone else does. There's already a man on the passer, you can't leave the striker unmarked unless the passer is clear on his own - very, very basic rules of defending.

Back