• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v West Ham

i disagree mate, think our points total reflects our performances so far as accurately as possible.

i agree with the yo yo ing comment though, but personally i can attribute that to factors such as the high turnover of players both this summer and last

You can argue about the high turnover of players but its the general play. I look at Liverscum, and I hate them so much, but they look good - pace, good passing and some really cutting and incisive football. They have had just as much of a turnover as we have.

We will see, but I think AVB has a great deal of work to do unfortunately he wont have the players to do it with - what with the international week etc.

Lloris 6
Walker 4
Dawson 5
Vertonghen 5
Naughton 3
Paulinho 5
Dembele 4
Townsend 6
Eriksen 5
Sigurðsson 4
Defoe 4

Lamela 4
Soldado 5
Holtby 5

You can argue about the high turnover of players but its the general play. I look at Liverscum, and I hate them so much, but they look good - pace, good passing and some really cutting and incisive football. They have had just as much of a turnover as we have.

We will see, but I think AVB has a great deal of work to do unfortunately he wont have the players to do it with - what with the international week etc.

Liverpool are just one example - there are others where sides struggle to find consistency in their performances/results after a high turnover of players, this isn't an out of the ordinary situation we find ourselves in. personally i prefer just to look at our own house rather than compare too much with other teams and ask questions like are there reasons as to why XY and Z are happening to us? etc you can of course argue that we have brought this upon ourselves by making so many transfers in/out - personally i think it needed to be done as our squad was lacking in quality and strength last season. but with that i think there needs to be room to allow for a little bit of inconsistency, of which i think there has been little so far this year - we're struggling to score goals but overall im happy with our performances this season - 2nd half Chelsea and today being the obvious exclusions.

Lloris 6 - not much he could do about the goals tbh
Walker 4 - just not on it today, poor passing, poor crossing and totally lost his man for Baz Te's goal
Dawson 5 - decent until made to look clumsy when Morrison's ran past him to score
Vertonghen 5 - poor attempt to head away the corner that led to West Ham's first
Naughton 6 - decent
Dembele 6 - decent
Paulinho 5 - wasted several opportunities
Townsend 8 - our only bright spark, beat his man at will and produced some decent crosses
Eriksen 5 - worryingly ineffective in the hole
Sigurdsson 5 - not much involved, carried no threat whatsoever down the left
Defoe 5 - needed to lift the ball over Jaaskelainen rather than shoot straight at him early second half

Subs

Soldado 5
Lamela 5
Holtby 5

Liverpool are just one example - there are others where sides struggle to find consistency in their performances/results after a high turnover of players, this isn't an out of the ordinary situation we find ourselves in. personally i prefer just to look at our own house rather than compare too much with other teams and ask questions like are there reasons as to why XY and Z are happening to us? etc you can of course argue that we have brought this upon ourselves by making so many transfers in/out - personally i think it needed to be done as our squad was lacking in quality and strength last season. but with that i think there needs to be room to allow for a little bit of inconsistency, of which i think there has been little so far this year - we're struggling to score goals but overall im happy with our performances this season - 2nd half Chelsea and today being the obvious exclusions.

We definitely required those transfers but I think they could have been done better, in particular the LB area where getting rid of BAE was a disastrous move. I think we could have done with bringing in some pace as we lack in that area.

Im not that impressed with the performances but there have been signs eg against Cardiff where we have looked totally brilliant. Hence the yo-yo comment.

Lloris - 5. Could do nothing with the goals.

Walker - 4. Learn to defend...and cross. Your pace will not always save you (as seen in this game)
Dawson - 5. Poor
Vertonghen - 5. Poor
Naughton - 5. Offered absolutely zero going forward. Though Sigurdsson constantly drifting into the middle doesn't help.

Townsend - 5. So predictable, he will always cut in on his left. Should have moved to the left-side.
Paulinho - 6. Pick of the bunch, and that's not much credit.
Dembele - 4. This bloke infuriates me. Seriously looks like he can't be arsed sometimes. Today was one of those days.
Sigurdsson - 4. Totally ineffective.

Eriksen - 4. Nothing came off for him.

Defoe - 4. Should have scored. Lacked movement and intelligence.

AVB - 3. Poor, poor tactics. Blatantly clear after 10 minutes how West Ham would set up and he should have responded. Having players cutting inside against a narrow West Ham defence was never going to prove successful. Should have put Townsend on left, Sig on the right and got them slinging crosses in.

Shocking display. Thoroughly embarrassing.

Not quite true my friend! You overlooked one peach of a pass down the flank first half that put Paulinho clear in oodles of space near the edge of their box. Given such rarities from Tottenham today I think it deserves at least a mench. :-"

I'd rate Townsend a 6, but as for the rest, I'd struggle to give them more than 4's and 5's all around.

I would agree with those posters who gave AVB a 3! What the fcuk has happened to our width?

As for the fans, did I miss the fire drill!?

I was out the ground and in the car before the final whistle, heard it on the radio. Nothing worth staying for.

One thing I would say is we're as good away as home so losing at home doesn't make much difference to losing away to our prospects.

Back