• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Norwich

Re: Match ratings : Vs Norwich

Just watched again on Sky, it was Vertonghen doing all the wayward puntiing, not Daws.

Sorry. I love Dawson but in the first half he was forever trying to do Hollywood passes out of defence to Bale or Defoe. Though in saying that, the movement to try and find space from our CM was non-existant so he was short of options when being closed down quickly.

Lloris - 6. Lost the cross for the goal but was never going to get to it anyway.

Walker - 6. Wasnt his worst but still a shadow of last seasons player, not linking with Lennon at all.
Dawson - 5. Bullied by Norwich forwards and for me could have had a better go at blocking their goal.
Vert' - 5. Same as above.
BAE - 5. Caught out of position over and over, a long way from the Benny we know.

Lennon - 5. Never got in the game
Dembele - 5. Not involved enough, expect and need more from him.
Parker - 4. Awful, he better improve on this or we really will miss Sandro A LOT!
Bale - 7. Would have been 5 but +2 for the goal.

Dempsey - 4. Poor, scores goals but I dont think his touch is good enough to play in the hole & link up play.
Defoe - 4. Poor, possibly not fully fit still? Either way he was poor.

Subs:
Holtby - 7. We looked much better once he came on. Great first touch & good awareness.
Siggy - 6. Unlucky with his shot, needs to get himself in the position to shoot like that more often.

It was a counter attack, our full backs aren't supposed to be "in position" when we attack, they're supposed to push forward. Can't really then blame them for being high up the pitch when we lose the ball.

Ekotto put pressure on the man with the ball and Parker looked like he was following the runner. But instead of following him he just stopped for a bit for whatever reason and didn't have the pace to recover.

I also think our defenders and possibly Dembele are to blame. Something not right when a Norwich player gets to be that free in the box even if it's a counter attack. Think Dembele could have gotten back. Vertonghen was nowhere near a Norwich player.

Mitigating circumstances I'll concede but having lost out to the man in possession he made absolutely no attempt to get back and help out. Poor show imho.

Sorry. I love Dawson but in the first half he was forever trying to do Hollywood passes out of defence to Bale or Defoe. Though in saying that, the movement to try and find space from our CM was non-existant so he was short of options when being closed down quickly.

I must have watched a different match to you.

Maybe? I was watching it live on TV. Did Sky repeat the wrong game by chance? ;)
You know, I honestly think with Daws it's getting to be like predictive text. People see a long punt from a gangly centre back going nowhere, ergo it can only have been Daws. I've slated him often enough in the past for it myself but I promise you this time those wayward long punts were coming from the man with #5 on his back, not #20. Please be kind enough to watch it again my friend, see if you still remain as convinced.

The ones I saw were coming from the right-sided CB. That would be Dawson. I could be wrong, so will take another look by all means.

Just watched again on Sky, it was Vertonghen doing all the wayward puntiing, not Daws.

The passing stats on http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/61...nd-Premier-League-2012-2013-Norwich-Tottenham show that
Daws played 9 long balls, 4 of which where accurate long balls.
Verts plated 10 long ball, 8 of which where accurate long balls.

A stat like accuracy is obviously open in interpretation, but they were both playing it long when there was nothing else on because of the way Norwich pressed.

The passing stats on http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/61...nd-Premier-League-2012-2013-Norwich-Tottenham show that
Daws played 9 long balls, 4 of which where accurate long balls.
Verts plated 10 long ball, 8 of which where accurate long balls.

A stat like accuracy is obviously open in interpretation, but they were both playing it long when there was nothing else on because of the way Norwich pressed.

To be frank I am amazed at those stats, they seem to bear little relation to what I witnessedat any rate. Stats of that kind vary so dramatically from site to site I'm not inclined to put too much credence to them tbh.

In his previous game Dawson got unfairly slated for hoofing so I made a point of watching his and Vertoonghen's passing extra carefully in this match.

Overall there were three or four long punts, mostly first half, that were awfully wayward, landing nowhere near any Spurs player. I insist that ALL of those came from Vertonghen, not one from Dawson. For sure, one or two of Dawson's long range passes got intercepted but they were all on course for the player they were aimed at, nothing like the sort you'd describe as a hoof.

I can only conclude that whoever compiled those stats was also guilty of the predictive text type assumptions I referred to earlier and stand by my assertion that in this game Dawson's passing was pretty damn good on the whole.

To be frank I am amazed at those stats, they seem to bear little relation to what I witnessedat any rate. Stats of that kind vary so dramatically from site to site I'm not inclined to put too much credence to them tbh.

In his previous game Dawson got unfairly slated for hoofing so I made a point of watching his and Vertoonghen's passing extra carefully in this match.

Overall there were three or four long punts, mostly first half, that were awfully wayward, landing nowhere near any Spurs player. I insist that ALL of those came from Vertonghen, not one from Dawson. For sure, one or two of Dawson's long range passes got intercepted but they were all on course for the player they were aimed at, nothing like the sort you'd describe as a hoof.

I can only conclude that whoever compiled those stats was also guilty of the predictive text type assumptions I referred to earlier and stand by my assertion that in this game Dawson's passing was pretty damn good on the whole.

They are the official opta stats.

(Sigh) I repeat,having lost out to the man in possession he made absolutely no attempt to get back and help out.

My bad, I misread that. I thought he actually did track back again, but just had no chance of getting back in time.

Even if he didn't, I still don't understand how Ekotto is the one to blame here. Maybe some part of the blame, but over Parker not tracking his man? Or over Dawson marking no one in the area for a cross leaving Walker to deal with two players (not unlike the United goal)? I just can't understand this.

Lloris 8 - had no chance with the goal, and did very well in difficult conditions

BAE 5 another unconvincing display by our most over-rated player (by many) - it's the Benny I know too well, and continue to be amazed that so many fail to spot it. Ok, he's normally a bit better, but he's forever getting caught out in one way or another. I don't trust him in AVB's high line one bit.

Daws 8

did really well

Holtby 9

looked the biz

Bale 10 what a goal

All of the team immediately get -1 for a tinkle poor first half performance, which imv was the worse half of football that i have seen this season so far.

Lloris 6, apart from one panicked punch and their goal, he was a passenger for most of the second half.

BAE 5.5, getting used to playing next to......
Vertonghen 5, am I the only one who thinks he looks tired?
Dawson 6, was one of the few players in the first half who looked like he gave a s**t.
Walker 5, he has pace, a wicked right foot, but sometimes his decision making is poor.

Bale 7, his goal was absolute quality(but he and the rest of the team seemed to play a great deal better after 71 minutes)
Parker 5.5, as always, he tried hard, but he seems to go around in circles ever so much?
Dembele 5.5, worked hard, but have people worked out how to combat the drop of the shoulder move.
Lennon 6, Got better in the second half.

Dempsey 4.5, just was not his night?
Defoe 5.5, a fully fit Jermain would have scored tonight. Lets hope the injury is clearing and that he rediscovers his prolificacy in front of goal?

Subs: Holtby 7, best overall debut that I've seen for years, showed maturity, creativity and drove the team forward.
Sigurdsson 5, a lesser 'keeper gets nowhere near his shot at the end.

AVB 7, put Holtby on at the right time, hampered by a lack of offensive options on the bench.

Fans 6, nothing much to cheer about in the first half, but warmed to the higher tempo in the second half?

Back