• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings/Thoughts vs. Fulham

Lloris - 8

Naughton - 6
Kaboul - 7
Fryers - 7
Rose - 7

Lennon - 7
Paulinho - 7
Chadli - 6
Eriksen - 8

Kane - 7
Adebayor - 6

Really? Lennon 5?? Wow

Missed two decent chances through poor technique. One good cross, many poor crosses. Never made himself available out wide ( apart from the one cross that led to the Kane goal) jammed up the middle, never took on his man in one to ones.

Defensively, he was too often out of position to cover Naughton necessitating desperate sprints to get back into position. Yes he made a couple of decent tackles and interceptions, but failed to offer Naughton effective protection. Would have been punished against a better team as he did for Coutinhios goal for Liverpool .

Just not good enough for me.

Just a comment on Paulinho...

Almost every pass he received he just knocked back to the original passer, almost all seemed to be wall passes.

There was one he received from Kaboul in the first half, he wasn't even on the half turn, didn't try and make anything of it, just knocked it straight back to Kaboul.

There was space over his right shoulder that he could have easily moved into. The sort of space that Modric would have just let the ball run across his body and moved on into, not even needing to take a touch.

There seems to be no vision with Paulinho. Probably down to lack of confidence... There must be a player in there but I'm struggling to see it.

my thoughts echo the OP, especially regarding Dembele, he has every tool in the box but doesn't know how to use them, with his build and ability he could be one of the best players in the world, but he's stupid, always takes one touch too many and rarely takes on his man, despite being bigger/stronger/faster and technically superior to 99% of players in the PL, he's incredibly frustrating

my thoughts echo the OP, especially regarding Dembele, he has every tool in the box but doesn't know how to use them, with his build and ability he could be one of the best players in the world, but he's stupid, always takes one touch too many and rarely takes on his man, despite being bigger/stronger/faster and technically superior to 99% of players in the PL, he's incredibly frustrating

Agree to an extent.

I wonder how much his slowness to release is down to a lack of movement ahead? Certainly some of it seems to be his love of taking another touch.

Lloris 9 - couldn't have done much more

Naughton 6 - alright
Kaboul 5 - all over the place 1st half
Fryers 5 - nice assist to Sidwell
Rose 6 - better by his recent standards

Lennon 6 - compared to usual Lennon, he gets a 10, compared to team mates he gets an alright
Chadli 5 - usually what happens when you play a winger in CM
Paulinho 6 - got a tap in, otherwise ok without being outstanding
Eriksen 8 - stand out performer on a weekly basis

Kane 7 - tried, scored
Ade 6 - tried but didn't do anything particularly threatening

subs 6

Lloris 7 - two critical saves helped ensure a comfortable afternoon for us
Naughton 6 - average
Kaboul 6 - caught out more than once at the back but right place, right time for his goal
Fryers 5 - from this display he's far from ready for CB at this level
Rose 5 - has well and truly caught the Tottenham AWOL bug except he doesn't have Walker's speed to get him out of gaol
Lennon 7 - contributed more than of late both front and back and capped it off with a perfect cross for Kane's goal
Chadli 6 - played his part without pulling up any trees
Paulhino 6 - okay he scored but was otherwise pretty average. Surely we're entitled to expect more from a Brazilian international?
Eriksen 8 - not at his best today but still managed two superb set-play assists
Kane 8 - correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the last player to produce such a sweetly-headed Spurs goal from a cross now playing regularly at the Bernabeu?
Adebayor 5 - game seemed to pass him by today

Subs

Dembele 6
Soldado 4 - still cannot hit a barn door from two paces
Townsend n/a

What does it take for a keeper to get a 10? Or are they limited to 8/10? Lloris made some great saves and saved a penalty ... I guess he needs to score to get higher than an 8.

What does it take for a keeper to get a 10? Or are they limited to 8/10? Lloris made some great saves and saved a penalty ... I guess he needs to score to get higher than an 8.

I would only award 10/10 when a gk plays out of his skin all game, producing six or seven worldies, dominating his area and defence a la Peter Schmeichel whilst producing quality distribution out of goal to set up new attacks etc.

Today Lloris made a couple of decent saves but you'd hardly call them worldies. Yes he saved a pen but let's be honest he got lucky because he guessed the right way and the strike went straight to him. It's not as though he had to dive full-stretch to tip it round the edge of the post or anything. Maybe if he'd managed to catch rather than parry it you'd say it was a great save but as one who regularly witnessed the likes of Jennings and Clemence produce startling acrobatics on a regular basis I remain to be convinced. And he'd have looked a right Charlie had the shot had gone to the other side of his goal.

Lloris's all-round game often leaves a lot to be desired. Yes he can be brilliant coming off his line as a sweeper-keeper but he is equally prone to the odd brain-fart. When it comes to crosses he is far from dominant in the air and his distribution is seldom more than average at best and often absolutely woeful.

So let's keep things in proportion shall we? He had a good game today but frankly not that much better than you'd expect from any top-six PL keeper.

Lloris 7
Naughton 5
Kaboul 5
Fryers 6
Rose 5
Lennon 6
Eriksen 7
Paulinho 6
Chadli 5
Kane 6
Adebayor 5

Dembele 5
Townsend -
Soldado -

Dull game.

I would only award 10/10 when a gk plays out of his skin all game, producing six or seven worldies, dominating his area and defence a la Peter Schmeichel whilst producing quality distribution out of goal to set up new attacks etc.

Today Lloris made a couple of decent saves but you'd hardly call them worldies. Yes he saved a pen but let's be honest he got lucky because he guessed the right way and the strike went straight to him. It's not as though he had to dive full-stretch to tip it round the edge of the post or anything. Maybe if he'd managed to catch rather than parry it you'd say it was a great save but as one who regularly witnessed the likes of Jennings and Clemence produce startling acrobatics on a regular basis I remain to be convinced. And he'd have looked a right Charlie had the shot had gone to the other side of his goal.

Lloris's all-round game often leaves a lot to be desired. Yes he can be brilliant coming off his line as a sweeper-keeper but he is equally prone to the odd brain-fart. When it comes to crosses he is far from dominant in the air and his distribution is seldom more than average at best and often absolutely woeful.

So let's keep things in proportion shall we? He had a good game today but frankly not that much better than you'd expect from any top-six PL keeper.

I don't know how relevant much of that middle part is to today's game but ok. Given that you've scored Lennon the same as Lloris, it seems you need to have a far greater game as a goalkeeper than you do as a winger to score comparatively.

LLORIS: 8 - my man of the match, two or three great saves in open play and a solid pen save. The fact our keeper gets MotM at home to Fulham says alot however

NAUGHTON: 6 - about as solid as you can expect from someone of his limited skillset, skinned a few times by Kacaniklic but not too bad
KABOUL: 6 - scored a sitter but he isn't much of a leader at all and is braindead in many situations
FRYERS: 6 - meh, about as well as can be hoped from a young guy out of position
ROSE: 5 - sick of him ATM TBH, the effort isn't there, looks so lazy at times on and mostly off the ball. Also noticed him argue with a coach at the end

LENNON: 6 - provided an assist with a nice cross, apart from that just an average Lennon performance nowadays
PAULINHO: 6 - a bit more hardworking than usual, but very laborious on the ball as per
CHADLI: 5 - doesn't affect games at all if he's not scoring, the epitome of average
ERIKSEN: 7 - flitted in and out of the game in truth but provided two undefendable free kicks for the goals

KANE: 7 - I'm happy for him, tries his best and glad he got on the scoresheet again. Could be a good squad option going forward as a local boy
ADEBAYOR: 5 - had one of those days that he has too much for my liking. Didn't fancy it

DEMBELE: 5 - can't remember any positives or negatives from his cameo
SOLDADO: 3 - gets a three for the undisputed worst free kick in history
TOWNSEND: N/A

Not great really, was hoping for more given the pressure is off and we were at home to a very poor team without their two best players. The first line of the thread sums it up well, and applies to most games this season against the bottom half teams; we haven't won many cos we've played well, just got lucky with them spurning chances/Lloris keeping us in games/Eriksen or Adebayor doing something or a Soldado pen earlier on.

One to forget.

we seem to score a lot more with Sherwood as boss... Is he just the luckiest man alive or does he actually have a plan..... I'm guessing here but I believe that we have scored 3 goals in the prem more times in yts Tims 19 games then we did in Avbs 18 months...l call stato to check ;)

Ps if we can get LVG we should.

Assuming that the 'world class coach' we are all expecting arrives in the summer it will be interesting to see what he can coach into him.

Soldado 4 - still cannot hit a barn door from two paces

How predictable if not pathetic!!

And you base this gem of a conclusion on what? A freekick or a chance that Ade tried to set him up but mi**** the pass too close to the defence? All in the massive amount of 10 minutes that he had on the pitch.:eek:

we seem to score a lot more with Sherwood as boss... Is he just the luckiest man alive or does he actually have a plan..... I'm guessing here but I believe that we have scored 3 goals in the prem more times in yts Tims 19 games then we did in Avbs 18 months...l call stato to check ;)

Ps if we can get LVG we should.

We have done that 8 times under Sherwood, just like we did a total of 8 times last season.

How predictable if not pathetic!!

And you base this gem of a conclusion on what? A freekick or a chance that Ade tried to set him up but mi**** the pass too close to the defence? All in the massive amount of 10 minutes that he had on the pitch.:eek:

Don't make me laugh! He's been given chance after chance to find his form but at this rate I'll be pushing up the daisies before he finds it.

Back