• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Spammers (H)

Lloris - 8 - assured

Walker - 7 - improved
Dawson - 7 - good game
Caulker - 7 - some good interceptions
Verts - 7 - mixed bag

Lennon - 7 - great assist
Sandro - 8 - kept going
Hudd - 6 - behind the pace yet again
Bale - 8 - immense runs

Dempsey - 7 - worked hard
Defoe - 8 - grabbed a brace

Bale, Defoe, Sandro and Huddlestone 8's for me. Huddlestone pulled the midfield strings but was quite surprised to see how little pressure West Ham put on our midfield when we were in possession. Defoe man of the match.

Everyone else 7, except Caulker and Walker. Caulker gets marked down because of their goal, and Walker because yet again he misplaced so many short passes.

Good game from us, told everyone before the game it would be comfortable because player for player we're superior all over the pitch. Bit annoyed that at 3-0 up we let one in and then West Ham miss a sitter that would have made it 3-2 and put us under real pressure for the last couple of minutes. A scoreline of 5-0 would have been justified yesterday we tinkled all over them that much.

Special mention for Dempsey too who finally looked like a player in a Spurs shirt.

Lloris 8

Walker 7
Dawson 7
Caulker 6.5
Vertonghen 7

Sandro 7.5
Hudd 6

Lennon 6.5
Dempsey 7.5
Bale 8

Defoe 8

Lloris - 8. Commanding and pro-active, agile off his line, good communication with defense (including a clearly audible call for the ball which Caulker cleared that led to their goal), firm and safe hands. Qualitehhhhh.

Walker - 7. Improving, solid defensively, good covering and intercepting. Still a bit hit and miss with his passing... and final ball still not there. But keep the improvement going Kyle and it'll get there.
Caulker - 7. Good game from Caulks, very assured and commanding for most of the game, couple of points of improvement - clearing the ball for their goal (as per above) and he also tried to play offside which led to a chance for them.
Dawson - 7.5. Daws' kind of opposition - big ugly hoofers who played to his strengths of aerial and physical ability. He dominated the ponytailed pikey extremely well for pretty much all the game. Pretty good on the ball too, although a couple of trademark inaccurate long balls aimed towards Bale. Good organisation though - I think him and Caulks is a badmotherf**ker of a CB partnership.
Vertonghen - 8. Excellent. Almost flawless defensively, so composed, loads of rapier-like bursting attacking runs, always willing to initiate attacks, and unlike Walker for example... his passing and crossing is very good.

Sandro - 8. #sandroBeast
Thudd - 7. Improving is our Tommy - thought he had a good defensive game, several good tackles and interceptions, got around the pitch better than he has recently... trademark composed passing although I would like him to start to impose himself further up the pitch

Lennon - 7. Quiet-ish for the first half, apart from really working hard defensively. Better second half although is still not involved enough IMO - we need to use him more and he needs to demand the ball more. Superb twinkling feet, trademark rapid pace and unselfish team play for the JD assist, also love the way he drew the keeper and delayed the pass to give JD a tap-in.
Dempsey - 8. Clint's best game in a Spurs shirt... first half he was involved and worked hard, if not quite getting the breaks, second half he was superb, just as involved but became effective - hit the bar with a screamer, passing became incisive, wonderfully Silva-esque chip for Bale's goal. Excellent.
Bale - 8.5. A constant menace all game, good decision-making, one thunderous screamer which deserved to go in, lovely touch and sliding finish for his goal, good crosses/dribbles all game, drew a couple of good saves from their keeper.

Defoe - 8. Really special first goal - vintage JD at his finest, and got a second too. Holdup play at times excellent, at other times not so great (particularly first half, when at times he showed why ultimately 4-3-3/4-5-1 doesn't always work with him playing as a loner striker)... but overall, superb from the little fella.

Lloris - 7.5 good performance
Walker - 7.5 best game in awhile didn't put a foot wrong
Dawson - 7.5 excellent
Caulker - 7 solid
Vertonghen 7 solid but wasn't involved as much going forward as usual
Sandro - 8 beast
Huddlestone- 6 ok but didn't create much against a poor Spammer midfield
Lennon - 6.5 great work for the assist to Defoe but wasn't involved that much
Bale - 8 constant threat unlucky not to score more
Dempsey - 8 great link up play more of what I was expecting from him unlucky not to score
Defoe - 8 moment of brilliance unlocked the game as it looked bleak before that

Lloris 8
Walker 7
Dawson 8
Caulker 7
Vertonghen 7
Lennon 7
Sandro 7
Huddlestone 6
Bale 7
Dempsey 6
Defoe 7

Dembele 7
Livermore 7
Sigurðsson n/a

Bearing in mind the level of threat offered by the opposition.

I do feel a bit mean only giving Dempsey a par 6
, though; I did say to the feller next to me I thought it had probably been his most valuable contribution so far.

You should do. A great lofted ball through to Bale for his goal and a lovely little touch to put Lennon through for the 3rd and he also had an effort hit the bar, along with some other nice touches. Lennon on the other hand touched the ball about 10 times(one of those admittedly a good one) and he gets a 7?

Lloris - 8 - Very good performance, very sharp, made a couple of different saves. Can't tell if there was a call for the West ham goal, so can't really penalise for that.
Walker - 7 - Much improved defensively and offensively. Good show.
Dawson - 7 - Solid defending in the air, though perhaps due to a lack of West Ham offensive unit.
Caulker - 7 - Same as above. At fault for goal due to lax clearance, but did well against carroll.
Vertonghen - 7.5 - Good offensively, which is his best attribute at LB, was not tested defensively.
Lennon - 6.5 - Didn't get too involved, Good break away for the assist though.
Sandro - 7.5 - Good offensively, which make up for a couple of errors defensively. We will miss him if he's out.
Hudd - 7 - Did alright, passing was good and a couple of decent tackles. Was given space to perform in.
Bale - 7.5 - Was quite good, several decent shots and a good goal. However Defoe appears to be rubbing off on him. Hoping the Selfish tendencies do not last.
Dempsey - 7.5 - Well played good sir, decent assist and looked like he was far more involved today then usual. Has hopefully turned a corner.
Defoe - 8.5 - Created a goal on his own. Scored a second. Movement was good, shoots sometimes when he should pass, but goals win you games.

He definitely called for that, when he was catching the balls before you could hear him say "lloris" or keepers" or whatever lquite oud, and when I watched it last night on Football First you could her him shout something but Caulker just kicked it!

Lloris 8
Walker 7
Dawson 8
Caulker 6
Vertonghen 8
Lennon 7
Sandro 7
Huddlestone 7
Bale 8
Dempsey 7
Defoe 8

Dembledore 7
Weasley 4
Potter n/a

I think everybody played well. The pundit on the stream I watched praised Lloris for catching a low cross near the penalty spot. He said many goalies would have stayed on their line and added that if we play a high line that is what you want. Caulker made the mistake but he is more used to dealing than not dealing with a similar cross.
Still a work in progress for me but there are more West Hams in the division than Manchester Uniteds so maybe we can do something in the EPL.

Please get your votes in by tomorrow midday as we're playing Liverpool tomorrow night.

Ratings should only be allowed imo by people who have actually attended the game, I have always thought for years that the game you see on TV is misleading to what actually happens, even "live" games, we DOMINATED west ham and yet in both sets of highlights the commentators would have you believe that we were lucky to go 1-0 up at half time.
Laura Williamson in the mail actually reported that Defoes first goal was in the top right hand corner, also the rest of her report was a joke total idiot.
The reason we looked good was because WHU defended deep and never closed down Tom and Sandro who bossed the game from start to finish, I could not believe the time That Huddlestone was given on the ball.
Also Walker had a good game because they very rarely came down his side and let him push forward all the time, even when they brought Jarvis on it made little difference.
When you play that big lump Carrol you must put crosses in and west ham at no width whatsover, I still cannot make up my mind if we were really good or west ham were tactically awful.
I await your arrows!

For the first 30 mins Walker was brilliant, but you're right they had no real winger there! Even when Jarvis came on he didn't stick out on the touchline and try to get crosses in? It was bizarre.

You're right though West Ham were tactically dog s**t. I'm not complaining mind. It was a massive boost for some of our players to have time on the ball and start stringing a few passes together.. it's been a while ;)

Ratings should only be allowed imo by people who have actually attended the game, I have always thought for years that the game you see on TV is misleading to what actually happens, even "live" games, we DOMINATED west ham and yet in both sets of highlights the commentators would have you believe that we were lucky to go 1-0 up at half time.
Laura Williamson in the mail actually reported that Defoes first goal was in the top right hand corner, also the rest of her report was a joke total idiot.
The reason we looked good was because WHU defended deep and never closed down Tom and Sandro who bossed the game from start to finish, I could not believe the time That Huddlestone was given on the ball.
Also Walker had a good game because they very rarely came down his side and let him push forward all the time, even when they brought Jarvis on it made little difference.
When you play that big lump Carrol you must put crosses in and west ham at no width whatsover, I still cannot make up my mind if we were really good or west ham were tactically awful.
I await your arrows!

There are certain things off the ball you can see better live - but that's it. In fact there are things you can miss whilst at a game compared to watching on TV.

There are certain things off the ball you can see better live - but that's it. In fact there are things you can miss whilst at a game compared to watching on TV.

Precisely. Was that tackle a foul? Did Lloris call for the ball? Was that shot going in without the block/deflection?

I always make sure I download the full match whenever I go and often find my opinion changes on having had the benefit of replays that aren't available at the match.

I think everybody played well. The pundit on the stream I watched praised Lloris for catching a low cross near the penalty spot. He said many goalies would have stayed on their line and added that if we play a high line that is what you want. Caulker made the mistake but he is more used to dealing than not dealing with a similar cross.
Still a work in progress for me but there are more West Hams in the division than Manchester Uniteds so maybe we can do something in the EPL.

i saw that ... he was really quick to "get down"...have to say his reactions are truly quite astounding.
despite his smallish stature compared to gomes and friedel he also seems to rise highest to get to crosses.
i'm still not used to his punching, but by all accounts he's put it into safe positions, so it may be just something to get used to.

I am not saying that people who cannot get to games are not proper fans, I am saying that live you see players commitment and effort, also on the screen you get a false impression of distance etc, I have been to games where players have had a stormer yet on highlights you dont notice them, Huddlestone absolutely bossed the game on Sunday yet did not show in the highlights at all really.

I am not saying that people who cannot get to games are not proper fans, I am saying that live you see players commitment and effort, also on the screen you get a false impression of distance etc, I have been to games where players have had a stormer yet on highlights you dont notice them, Huddlestone absolutely bossed the game on Sunday yet did not show in the highlights at all really.

I don't think anyone rates on highlights? Watching it live on tv let's you see things you won't notice from the stands through close ups and replays. These rating threads are just a bit of fun, they don't carry any deeper meaning.

Back