• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings for Everton

Cochise

Steve Carr
Lloris - 7 - If not for him we could've been down by two at half time. Second half he had little to do.

Walker -6- Was aweful going forward today, the lad really needs to go on a course to learn how to cross the ball. Too many times he held on to it when he needed to hit it first time across the 6 yard line and when he had time to cross it he never beat the first man. Gets +1 for the goal assist.
Dawson -7- One of his better performances. Still had some poor moments but held it together at the back with some good clearances.
Vertonghen -7- Good day at the back. He and Dawson kept a good line to catch Mirallas out offside often. Also but in some great tackles.
Rose -5- I'm normally quite forgiving with the guy but he was poor today. Did some good things but his first half defending was really poor. Got better in the second half.

Bentaleb -6- Did well but looked really uncomfortable out on the wing after Defoe came on.
Dembele -5- The man infuriates me. Every time he got a clear run at their back four he fluffed his lines, either not shooting or not passing it. Checked back all the time and looked poor up there.
Paulinho -5- Did this guy play?? He was anonymous all game.

Lennon -6- Usual hard working self, but offered little
Ade -7- Big man turned up in the second half but if Soldado had missed that first half oppurtunity we would be wanting blood. I don't hold it against him, just commenting on how some people give certain players stick and others none.
Eriksen -6- Out muscled on many an occasion. Found it difficult to get involved but still played some dangerous passes.

Subs
-------
Townsend -6- Didn't really get into the game.
Capoue -5- Not worth starting ahead of Bentaleb.
Defoe -10- So long, farewell JD.

Penalty?? BS was it a pen. Coleman was already on his way to the deck before Capoue had touched him and the ball wasn't under his control. A poor challenge from Capoue but Coleman didn't simulate well enough.

Second half ratings :

Llloris - 6

Walker - 7
Vertonghen - 6.5
Dawson - 6.5
Rose - 6.5

Benteleb - 5.5
Dembele - 6.5
Paulinho - 5

Lennon - 6
Adebayor - 7
Eriksen - 5.5

7 - Ade, Capoue
6 - Verts, Dawson, Walker, Lloris
5 - Paulinho, Bentaleb, Dembele
4 - Rose, Eriksen, Lennon, Townsend

Lloris 7 - good save from Osman

Walker 6.5 - wasn't great but great ball for the goal
Dawson 6.5 - ok
Vertonghen 6.5 - ok
Rose 6.5 - ok, attacked well at times

Bentaleb 6 - ok
Paulinho 5 - not ok, I can't remember who it was who waltzed past him during the 2nd half but that was pathetic
Dembele 7 - started well, faded but ended the game well. Tried to make things happen even if they didn't all come off

Lennon 4 - that's 5 invisible games in a row now, by my calculations he's due his monthly decent game sometime soon
Eriksen 6 - not bad, was certainly better than Lennon, not sure why he was the one to go off
Adebayor 8 - great finish, always worked hard

Townsend 6 - no impact, personally I prefer him on the right
Capoue 6 - nearly cost us the points with a silly challenge but fortunately got away with it, was ok before that
Defoe 6 - not on long

Lloris - 8 - Some good saves especially a world class one from Osman in the first half. Quick off his line and good handling too.

Walker - 6 - Kyle "first man" Walker. Crossing reminds me of Lennon before Redknapp. Although the vision and pass to Ade was outstanding.

Dawson - 7 - Generally good, one reckless lunge in which he got skinned by Mirallas but solid otherwise.

Vertonghen - 7 - Solid, composed, good display all round.

Rose - 6 - A decent threat going forward but suspect at the back at times

Lennon - 4 - Invisible. He does seem to do well against the Geordies but I think I'd rather see Townsend starting on the right as his form has been poor for a while now.

Bentaleb - 5 - Unspectacular. But didn't let anyone down really.

Paulinho - 4 - Not involved at all. Rightfully substituted.

Dembele - 7 - If this guy could pass he'd be world class. Gave the ball away a few times, but he got stuck in, showed some excellent dribbling ability and strength to hold players off the ball.

Eriksen - 6 - Tried to play the incisive passes, but nothing really came off today. Was a bit surprised to see him substituted.

Adebayor - 7 - Not a huge amount of service, but ran his ******** off and then in the one half chance he did get he demonstrated a Drogba-esque control and finish to win the game for us

Subs:

Townsend - 6 - Tried hard, doesn't look as fast as he did in the early part of the season which makes me think he's still not 100% fit yet. Would like to see him back on the right wing for the next game

Capoue - 6 - Generally good, but a reckless tackle at the end should have given away a penalty

Defoe - N/A - Managed to blast the ball straight at the goalkeeper as hard as he could one last time.

Sherwood - 6 - Would have preferred to see Capoue starting this game instead of Paulinho, as Everton are a good passing side and we needed someone to break up the attacks. Still, it worked out well, we played a deep counter-attacking game trying to utilise our pace on the break and it worked well. The pressing was good to see, and other than a spell in the first half, they struggled to create clear cut opportunities. The substitutions were mixed, was waiting for Townsend but was surprised to see Eriksen go off. Paulinho for Capoue was necessary to add some steel to the midfield as Everton pushed forward for a goal, then Defoe got his sentimental run out.

Let's make no mistake, today was a huge result. Defeat today and we'd have been 6 points and 33 goals behind Liverpool, still having to go to Anfield. We not only kept pace with them, but also moved above Everton, who have been extremely difficult to beat this season. They've taken points off of all the big teams so far this season except City, and the only games they've lost so far have been against City and Liverpool away, and against Sunderland in which they played the majority of the game with 10 men. Big result for us to win, with Sherwood getting the better of Martinez at the first attempt despite Martinez being unbeaten in his last 3 against us. But...I can't help but feel that Everton would have won if Lukaku had been fit.

Lloris - 7
Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 6.5
Vertonghen - 6.5
Rose - 5
Eriksen - 6
Dembele - 6
Lennon - 5
Bentaleb - 6
Paulinho - 4.5
Adebayor - 7

Townsend - 4.5
Capoue - 5.5
Defoe - N/A

Team - 5
Result - 10

Tough game because Everton clearly wanted it that much more than us, but our victory was as much down to Lloris's heroics, Walker's fight and Ades' determination and class finishing as it was to luck

Lloris 8 - MOTM critical saves kept us in it, plus much improved distribution
Walker 7 - really got in their faces, however, notwithstanding his superb assist for Ade's goal he generally needs to improve his crossing overall
Dawson 7 - did what Daws does so well game after game, got in the way when needed
Verts 6 - not at his best
Rose 6 - good work
Dembele 6 - battled fiercely for midfield dominance but too often failed to release the ball early and got caught
Bentaleb 6 - some good moments but not influential enough
Paulinho 3 - just not at the races
Eriksen 7 - full of bright ideas but poor execution too often let him down
Lennon 4 - where has the busy-busy Azza gone?
Adebayor 8 - great to see him chasing and battling, deserved his superbly taken goal

Subs
Townsend 5 - crowded out, offered little
Capoue 5 - lucky not to concede a pen
Defoe 6 - managed only our second shot on target all game

Last edited:
Dembele and Walker our best I thought.

Lloris, Dawson and Vertonghen also very good.

Rose put in his best game since his injury perhaps, Lennon worked hard and could have gotten some guilt edged chances if passes had found some of his runs. Adebayor took his goal brilliantly and fought really hard after that to keep us in the lead.

Bentaleb's least impressive game so far barring the City game, but without being useless. Eriksen and Paulinho need to do more.

Capoue did alright and made us more solid than Paulinho managed. Townsend was a bit frustrating, but just returning from injury so no biggie. Defoe was Defoe.

Lloris 7
Walker 6
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 6
Rose 5
Dembele 5
Bentaleb 6
Paulinho 4
Eriksen 6
Lennon 4
Adebayor 7

Townsend 5
Capoue 6
Defoe 6

7 for Walker's quick thinking, 7 for Adebayors finish.

Then a Tom daley'esque 8 for Coleman's flop to the floor in the area.

Lloris 7
Walker 6.5
Dawson 6.5
Vertonghen 6
Rose 5.5
Dembele 6 - Again looked more comfortable when he played further up ( after Paulinho was replaced by Capoue)
Bentaleb 6
Paulinho 4 - Some slow and wrong decision making and failed to release a pass in quick during counter , i'd say its understandable consider he has been sidelined for a month . Still a poor performance.
Eriksen 6
Lennon 4
Adebayor 8 - Work his socks off , take a bow.

Townsend 5
Capoue 6
Defoe 6

Lloris 7 - brilliant save from the Osman's shot

Walker - 7
Dawson - 6.5
Vertonghen - 6.5
Rose - 5.5

Paulinho - 5 looked off.
Benteleb - 6 need more positive forward passes
Dembélé - 5.5 not a no. 10 player. Looked better staying back.

Lennon - 5
Eriksen - 5.5 muscled off the ball several times
Ade - 7.5 MOM

Townsend - 5
Capoue - 6
Defoe - 10

Dembélé - 5.5 not a no. 10 player. Looked better staying back.

Dembele 6 - Again looked more comfortable when he played further up ( after Paulinho was replaced by Capoue)

:lol:

Presonally I think he was best of the three CM on show today and his passing was not as bad as being made out. I'd give him a 7 overall. The Dembele/Sandro partnership has been the best CM combo I've seen from this crop of players but that's so long ago now maybe that chemistry won't work again.

Lloris 7 - Steady today and a superb save from Osman. Overall very good bar the usual poor distribution. I think we should forbid our defenders from playing it back to him any more. It doesn't retain possession at all.
Walker 7 - Worked hard today though nothing really game off for him in the final third (bar that one delicious ball to Ade). Fully commited which is the minimum I expect.
Dawson 7 - I thought this would a tricky game for him and bar the one slip I can remember he did very well.
Vertoghen 6.5 - Looks a little frustrated at the lack of passing options in front of him at times (aren't we all). For me he needs to show a little more leadership on the pitch. Naismith put him on his **** early in the match too.
Rose 6 - He's very angry, isn't he? He's decent enough PL player but not for a team with top 4 aspirations really. Good cross for Ade early in the match if I recall.

Lennon 5 - One of my favourites but this wasn't a brave performance from him. He needs to make it happen rather than waiting for it.
Dembele 7 (see above)
Bentaleb 6 - Tidy but maybe a bit much for him today
Paulinho 5 - Didn't look that fit to me and really put in a poor shift. In his defence he probably should have been further up the pitch.
Eriksen 6 - Was involved heavily but rather wasteful I thought. Just a fraction off the pace which mean a lot of stray passes.

Ade 7.5 - Great goal. Worked very hard for the team even though he wasn't at his his most effective. Few other half chances too. My MOTM today.

Townsend 4 - Fresh legs off the bench should help stretch the opposition. I have no problem when he tries things that don't come off, but he was very very lax in tracking back. I counted at least 5 or 6 times he couldn't be arsed to help Rose out when he should have been. He really needs to up his work rate if he wants to be considered a starting option.
Dofeo 5 - Not a lot to judge him by. Should he have passed for his that late shooting opportunity? Probably but he he was looking for the glory moment. Leopard spots change no.
Capoue 6 - Brain dead tackle in the box which could have made this board a very angry place tonight. Bar that he did reasonable well I thought.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Rose - 6

Lennon - 4
Bentaleb - 6
Dembele - 6
Paulinho - 4
Eriksen - 5

Adebayor - 8

Amazing how results skew people's view

It was a really poor game from us, massive result, but awful game, if Osman could hit the proverbial cows **** and if not for Lloris the game should have been over by half time.

Good game from Lloris
Dembele continues to flatter to deceive, good runs, great shielding, but ****ing nothing in the end, no really good pass, no shot, honestly wouldn't play him.
Bentaleb is not a DM, not one to control a PL midfield at this point of his career anyway

TS- poor selections, no idea what the tactic is? is Bentaleb really a DM, why play Ade up front alone if he spends half the game out wide or deep? how is it Everton completely outplays us for long stretches of the game (15 minute period where they had 70% of possession), it's ****ing Everton at WHL ffs .. not Barca/City/PSG ... not good enough

I was critical of Dembele's passing in the match thread but I still would say he had a good game. He never hides and his strength is awesome. Like BE I thought him and Walker were our best players.

Amazing how results skew people's view

It was a really poor game from us, massive result, but awful game, if Osman could hit the proverbial cows **** and if not for Lloris the game should have been over by half time.

Good game from Lloris
Dembele continues to flatter to deceive, good runs, great shielding, but ****ing nothing in the end, no really good pass, no shot, honestly wouldn't play him.
Bentaleb is not a DM, not one to control a PL midfield at this point of his career anyway

TS- poor selections, no idea what the tactic is? is Bentaleb really a DM, why play Ade up front alone if he spends half the game out wide or deep? how is it Everton completely outplays us for long stretches of the game (15 minute period where they had 70% of possession), it's ****ing Everton at WHL ffs .. not Barca/City/PSG ... not good enough

They weren't nearly as dominant as you make it sound. They started much sharper in the opening 10 minutes, but after we settled a bit it was a close game. You make it sound like we were Arsenal at Anfield. Everton had 3 shots on target all game. Granted, we only had 2, but it's not like we were taken apart over 90 minutes.

Everton are one of the top possession teams in the league, not sure why them dominating possession for periods is such a surprise to you. Seemed quite obvious to me that part of our game plan was to let them have possession in patches and look for the counter attack. The problem at the start was that we stood and watched as Sherwood said in his interview, but we came pretty close on several counter attacks after winning the ball.

3 midfielders against a good possession team is pretty standard, Ade moving around to get involved in play is pretty standard. Bentaleb is a defensive midfielder if you classify deep plamakers as defensive midfielders.

Dembele and Walker our best I thought.

Lloris, Dawson and Vertonghen also very good.

Rose put in his best game since his injury perhaps, Lennon worked hard and could have gotten some guilt edged chances if passes had found some of his runs. Adebayor took his goal brilliantly and fought really hard after that to keep us in the lead.

Bentaleb's least impressive game so far barring the City game, but without being useless. Eriksen and Paulinho need to do more.

Capoue did alright and made us more solid than Paulinho managed. Townsend was a bit frustrating, but just returning from injury so no biggie. Defoe was Defoe.

Agree with this synopsis, I'm quite surprised at the ratings Ade's getting, great finish, but other than that he literally just ran around a lot, which is fine, but shouldn't get you 8's and MOTM's. Lloris didn't put a foot wrong for me and should be MOTM for the first 10 mins, after that he had a pretty quiet afternoon though.

Back