• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings against man u

Hopefully we will sign a decent right back in January, as once again Walker got found out. Very hard to rate this match as the first and second half perfrormances were so different.

First half 8/10

I cant give a rating for second half. We were good defensively as we just let runners go etc but we were resolute and strong. Attacking wise well it was non existent.

Special mentions though - Defoe who created that third goal and I thought he played very well; Vert first half was super going forward but not sure about his defending at LB; Dembele and Sandro superb although second half Dembele wasnt as effective. Bale is getting his mojo back and starting to understand his role better.

I think we looked exhausted second half

Friedel - 6 - conceded 2 goals, stayed on his line for crosses, poor distribution, good handling though from Nani and Evra efforts as well as pulling off a good save from Scholes' chance.

Walker - 5 - constantly giving the ball away, at times in the second half when keeping possession was obviously needed, he gave the ball away numerous times. a poor poor game from him.
Gallas - 7 - experience at the back along with Friedel, thought he was great at times, lovely solid tackle on RVP in the first half too, thought his positioning at times was suspect though.
Caulker - 7.5 - brilliant performance from someone so young. it looks like he had been playing in our team for years, more of the same please, this guy will be our centre half for years and years to come.
Vertonghen - 8 - so glad he got a goal, his performances in the league this year have absolutely deserved it. second half he defended well but I thought he didnt really get ANY help whatsoever from Bale in the second half.

Lennon - 6 - Was good in the first half, no surprise though as most of the team were and we had more of the ball, second half had to pretty much play as a wing back, hardly touched the ball really.
Sandro - 8.5 - Our best player and man of the match for me, warrior like performance today from him. His tackle to win the ball that lead to the second goal was outstanding. some great blocks in second half too.
Dembele - 7.5 - I thought he tied with Vertonghen were our best players in the first half, ran the show completely, played it at his own pace, hope he can do that more often some of the lower teams to and what a perfect way to start with villa at home coming up.
Bale - 7.5 - First half, him and Vertonghen linked up well, he defended good, attacked well, great little assist for Vertonghens goal and a cracking goal too, thats what he CAN do when he's roaming, second half though like everyone attacking wise, the rating goes down, didnt do well on the left to help Jan.

Dempsey - 6.5 - Anonymous in the first half, had a shot from 30 odd yards went wide and put a great ball through to van persie with a poor defensive header, second half pretty much the same, was quiet but he scored what ended up being the winning goal in a game that will go down in history.

Defoe - 6 - Outstanding in the first half, hold up play was great, was laying people in, great strength and great run for Bale's goal. Second half though he was frustrating, whenever he got the ball, instead of doing something which would waste a bit of time and let the players get into the stride and get the breath back, he goes to take on a defender and get a shot away, your 200th goal can wait Defoe, the team is more important.

^ would give Bale an 8 - played a huge part in all 3 of our goals and was a good outlet throughout

This one is a feckin hard one to score. So many different factors. We can score it for effort but to score it for an overall game will be tough...

Now you see, Verts is great but a coupla times he dived in and the manyoo player went past. Not perfect, but confidence building, his goal was sooo important

Friedel 6 Same old story for me, good saves but poor distribution and doesnt come out at crosses

Walker 5 Wasteful

Gallas 8 Good performance, i think hes past it but he is important in big games

Caulker 8 Fine

Vertonghen 9 That rating might be a bit over the top, but blocked everything, tackled, fantastic performance, and a goal!

Sandro 8 Seems to like big games

Dembele 8 Fantastic player. Just wished he passed the ball a bit earlier sometimes.

Lennon 6 Same story, pace but no end product

Bale 8 Assist, goal..

Dempsey 7 Scored but cant remember him doing anything else apart that shot in the first half

Defoe 7 Good movement, and good play for the third goal

Friedel - 8 - Safe hands, I trust him so much in goal.

Walker - 6.5 - His positioning is so bad...certainly hit a bad patch at the moment.
Gallas - 7 - A much better display, but he was at fault for united's second.
Caulker - 7.5 - This kid will be unreal when he reaches his peak.
Vertonghen - 7.5 - I love the guy, he is my favourite player...but he isn't a left back

Dembele - 7.5 - Class.
Sandro - 7.5 - See above.

Bale 8 - MOM for me, covered the LB position well, got two assisted and a goal. Great game.
Dempsey - 6.5 - Lucky he got the goal...he does have a tendency to be in the right place at the right time.
Lennon - 7 - A good game.

Defoe 7. Fantastic runs, he had a very, very good game off the ball today.

Back