• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rating out of 10 for the window?

Rating out of 10 for the window is...

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 7.1%

Votes: 14 16.5%

Votes: 40 47.1%

Votes: 22 25.9%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
A solid 8/10
Got rid of a lot of crap and got some massively bright talented youngsters in
Shame we didn't get the Eriksen type player we're desperately crying out for though

Gil is a different type of player, but he has some deft skill. Not currently able to pass like Eriksen (from the little we’ve seen) but Gil can ‘craft’ the ball with similar levels of skill to Eriksen. So while he’s not the passer you’re looking for I would call him ‘an Eriksen type’ in his love of the ball and how to manipulate it.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No - but the Celtic striker who Palace bought could have been a decent option at the price he was sold; especially if we could have used CCV as a makeweight....
I’d have even offered them a formal apology and the option of returning Hart to make that happen!

We'd do well to get a backup striker of quality. Ings is 29, had an injury ravaged career and I'm sure has England aspirations. He has no interest in sitting on the bench. I'm struggling to think of a decent side who has signed a striker of any quality who knew they'd be a backup. Maybe Jota at Liverpool although he has 3 spots he can fight for. Maybe I'm missing someone obvious?

We managed to get Vinicius last season and he did the job needed of him - I don’t believe for one minute not a single semi decent in the world wouldn’t be up for the role with the potential to step up if needed.

As pointed out about - Leicester have 4 strikers

How did we sign a backup to Lloris then? How did Leicester convince Daka to join them with Vardy Perez and Inheacho all in the mix? As I said circumstances have changed, Kane looks likely to be going best season so the ‘sell’ is easier than before. There are backup strikers at smaller clubs surely they’d consider swapping the quality of their splinters for a shot at the big time?

Maybe one of the reasons is that Kane is a world class striker and those you mentioned at Leicester are not. Our back up strikers over the last few Years Jannsenn, Llorente, Vinnie have not had that many games and maybe Kane will not be here next season so we may find it easier to get another one in. My main point is that Ings wants to play and was never going to spend the rest of his time as a top striker sitting on the bench. But Stop! Hammer time and i am not shocked, surprised, dissapointed that we have not brought another striker in this window because i never thought we would get one who was happy to sit on the bench. Not a good one anyway.

We managed to get Vinicius last season and he did the job needed of him - I don’t believe for one minute not a single semi decent in the world wouldn’t be up for the role with the potential to step up if needed.

As pointed out about - Leicester have 4 strikers

Yeah fair enough. I like Vinicius but he never really did much in the league or got many opportunities. Wouldn't we be better off giving Scarlett a run in the cups or playing Lucas/Stevie central?

Maybe one of the reasons is that Kane is a world class striker and those you mentioned at Leicester are not. Our back up strikers over the last few Years Jannsenn, Llorente, Vinnie have not had that many games and maybe Kane will not be here next season so we may find it easier to get another one in. My main point is that Ings wants to play and was never going to spend the rest of his time as a top striker sitting on the bench. But Stop! Hammer time and i am not shocked, surprised, dissapointed that we have not brought another striker in this window because i never thought we would get one who was happy to sit on the bench. Not a good one anyway.
Why the fixation on Ings? There are other players who could have been considered.
Vardy should be as every bit as a daunting prospect to dislodge from Leicester’s starting 11 as Kane? As I’ve said the situation has changed, we don’t have to worry about subbing or dropping Kane as we need to plan for a future without him.
I’m not surprised either, as this seems to be a situation / risk we seem to be comfortable with as a club. I just don’t understand why, especially for the reasons I’ve detailed regarding how Kane feels about being here.

Yeah fair enough. I like Vinicius but he never really did much in the league or got many opportunities. Wouldn't we be better off giving Scarlett a run in the cups or playing Lucas/Stevie central?

Moura and Stevie central doesn’t work.

Lot of pressure on Scarlett if he’s our main man for the Con League.

For me if we also shift serge it’s a 10 for exits
That’s about as much as could have been done on the biggest part of the rebuild…. Shifting the brick

incoming…. 7 probably going up if Emerson is any good (never seen him play).

Why the fixation on Ings? There are other players who could have been considered.
Vardy should be as every bit as a daunting prospect to dislodge from Leicester’s starting 11 as Kane? As I’ve said the situation has changed, we don’t have to worry about subbing or dropping Kane as we need to plan for a future without him.
I’m not surprised either, as this seems to be a situation / risk we seem to be comfortable with as a club. I just don’t understand why, especially for the reasons I’ve detailed regarding how Kane feels about being here.

Ings has been mentioned on here several times by others since the window opened that is why i mentioned him. To be honest we are going around in circles and Stop! Hammer time anyway, i am happy with the window overall and i never thought we would get rid of so much rubbish and bring in so many in one window. So overall i guess some will be dissapointed but whats that saying " you can please some of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time" So true.:)

Ings has been mentioned on here several times by others since the window opened that is why i mentioned him. To be honest we are going around in circles and Stop! Hammer time anyway, i am happy with the window overall and i never thought we would get rid of so much rubbish and bring in so many in one window. So overall i guess some will be dissapointed but whats that saying " you can please some of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time" So true.:)
Ok you quoted my post and I hadn’t mentioned Ings. I’m making a general point that I feel it’s an unnecessary risk to be have so few options to replace Kane that we wouldn’t carry in any other area of the pitch.

I’m glad you are happy with the window, just out of interest what expectations do you now have regarding where we fill finish in the league given the business we have done?

7 for me, more for the strategy/direction than direct player ratings (as others have said, only time will tell)

Key points of this window
- Players not in long term plan shifted
- Age of squad reduced considerably
- Skipp brought back into the fold
- Several promising talents bought
- Son & Kane kept

CB will depend on if Dier/Sanchez continue to hold their seemingly new found role in back line
CM will depend on how much we will get out of Lo Celso, Ndombele
Interesting to see how much Gil & Emerson play in main squad this season

Striker is a hole and a gamble

Squad has played below it's potential for almost 2 years now (and while a lot of that has changed), the interesting test is does this more motivated, fitter and seemingly better coached version deliver better results?

To answer @MKSpur I think 5th unless one of the other contenders has a complete flyer of a season, then worst case 6th.

You think I’d know better by now but I’m still waiting for it to slam shut before I post a rating. Do think it’s important to marry expectation of the team with business done, for example one expecting us to be competing with the top 4 would be a little higher than to regain Europa / finish above West Ham.

I went for a solid 7.
Pro
Sissoko left, nothing against the guy, but he was far and away our worst player. All rest you could make a case for in another system. Except Hart.
Con
Lamela left. Don't think we got the best out of him, but it made sense, and gil looks the dogs danglies.
The kane circus, and the fact that it isn't resolved yet stopped it being an 8.

Ok you quoted my post and I hadn’t mentioned Ings.

I’m glad you are happy with the window, just out of interest what expectations do you now have regarding where we fill finish in the league given the business we have done?

I think we have done better then i thought we would to be honest we have got rid of a few and brought in some young talent. Several of us have said before that we needed a big shake up and changes made and that is what we have managed to do. Could we have done better? well we are all football supporters and we all think we could have done more but a lot of us are never satisfied.

As for where we will finish this next season well i believe its going to be hard to finish in the top four, but you never know i think top six is not beyond us though and depending how the new boys settle, a bit more luck with injurys and i will remain optimistic. Like we all do every season (well most of us anyway)

The kane circus, and the fact that it isn't resolved yet stopped it being an 8.
Kane staying is the biggest positive by far, for our window. Without Kane we would have an enormous rebuild to start... keeping Kane gives us an enormous boost.

7 for me, 8 taking the impact of Covid and the lack of money into account.

As others have said, plenty of deadwood removed, which I thought would be really hard in this window and some exciting young players coming in.
There's always more that could be done and it's a very good start by Paratici.

Kane staying is the biggest positive by far, for our window. Without Kane we would have an enormous rebuild to start... keeping Kane gives us an enormous boost.

+Son

Ballsy move by the club to drop Serge's contract as well, surprising for me at least.

+Son

Ballsy move by the club to drop Serge's contract as well, surprising for me at least.
Very surprised at that. Must've been causing a lot of brick behind the scenes and has refused to sign for several clubs according to reports.

Very surprised at that. Must've been causing a lot of brick behind the scenes and has refused to sign for several clubs according to reports.

Yep, either that or we have gone back to players must fit from an attitude perspective as well as a ability perspective (brick version of Aurier is still 10X Doherty)

If we went out and signed a 17 year old striker that scored a goal a game for youths and youth internationals. We'd probably be all excited. But because he's come through our youth he's dismissed?

We've got to give this boy game time. Otherwise he'll be off and like madueke, in a couple of years we'd be trying to sign him back for £30-40m.

Back