• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rate the Window

Rate the Window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

billyiddo

Teddy Sheringham
Staff member
Now that the transfer window has slammed shut and the dust is beginning to settle let's set about rating the work done.

In :
Richarlson Everton £52.20m
Romero Atalanta £45.00m (loan made permanent)
Bissouma Brighton £26.28m
Udogie Udinese £16.20m (back out on loan)
Spence Middelsborough £13.23m
Perisic Inter Milan free transfer
Forster Southampton free transfer
Lenglet Barcelona loan transfer

Total Value : £152.91m

Out :
Bergwijn Ajax £28.13m
Carter-Vickers Celtic £6.30m
Clarke Sunderland Undisclosed
Ndombele Napoli loan transfer
Reguilon A. Madrid loan transfer
Lo Celso
Villareal loan transfer
Winks
Fiorentina loan transfer
Rodon
Rennes loan transfer

Total Value : £34.43m

Net Spend £118.48

Which leaves our PL squad looking like this :

I said 7. The recency bias makes it feel a bit disappointing that we didn't get one or two more in. But we (seemingly) got exactly what Conte wanted and when he wanted. The fact we did it early should absolutely be celebrated. No doubt if we'd signed Richarlison this week rather than in July, there would be fewer complaints.

I also compare us to Arsenal, who many are praising highly for getting Zinchenko and Jesus. Well we got Perisic and Richarlison - the difference is, they don't just walk straight into our team because it was already so strong.

The only complaint I would have is that we weren't able to get Bastoni or similar. Lenglet may end up proving we don't need him, but from what I remember we don't have a buy option. We also weren't able to get permanent options in the loan deals for many of our outgoing players, so we will have the same issues next season. Other than that, it might have been nice to see Tanganga out and another senior CB in - we're extremely reliant on Romero and Dier staying fit.

I do think Paratici may already be lining up January though, and hopefully we'll find another couple of Bentancurs and Kulusevskis to get us over the line towards the end of the season.

Last edited:
i said 8 - i think we missed out on a CB signing and another attacker whilst only kicking our outgoings can down the road to next season - small grumbles really
Hopefully the knock on effect (for future windows) of getting our in coming considered transfers done early, is there will be less last minute panic buys and less players we can't shift.

There was a lot of last minute panic shopping by other clubs. Too early to say who got it right. Would have been nice with that one top quality signing that would be a clear improvement on what we have, but it's probably smart to keep our powder dry if we can't get the right one.

i said 8 - i think we missed out on a CB signing and another attacker whilst only kicking our outgoings can down the road to next season - small grumbles really
Fully agree
But I went 9
Early boys are fully prepped now … that’s huge for conte
I agree we need another attacker but I also think we have to be aware of who is coming through and not blocking their path if we rate them highly
The scary bit is the lack of income from deals as no one outside the prem has any money

I went for 8

I feel that we're lacking some creativity in attacking areas. Would have been nice to ship out Moura or Gil and get someone else in

Not too fussed about another CB addition. Always felt difficult

actually, my 8 is possibly harsh and should be 9 particularly given we got the people in early

I said 8. Lots of targets signed early and sensible loans taken up or sent out.

Would have been a 9 if we'd either got the lcb equivalent of Romero or an Eriksen-like ACM/creative type in.

Remember conte said it would be a miracle to get top 4. He likes to be seen as a miracle worker. Yes there is still distance to liverpool and city. Hoopefully though we've cut it a bit.

Anyway said 7. Decent window but would have liked a bastoni and upgraded rwb. Not being able to sell anyone apart from clarke and bergwijn didn't help. But we can't really tell till the end of the season.

7 because, so far at least, only Perisic has improved the first team. We needed to strengthen the squad, so job done. Can Lenglet improve the ability in our back line? Without Romero their limitations are apparent. We need CBs who can play like midfielders as well as defend.

maybe we’ll see Lenglet and Spence upgrade the back line and having Richarlison is potentially crucial, so you can make the case for a higher rating. But as things stand we’ve added one player to the first 11.

7, so mostly happy. The big one I'm missing is a new RWB who would be an improvement on what we have - like Perisic on the left hand side.

While Royal is good defensively, I feel our attacking play is suffering from the lack of a good, attacking RWB. It makes us more predictable, as opponents know we'll probably be more threatening on the left.

But overall quite happy with the window. Early business, strengthened the squad, got rid of some deadwood. We're definitely in much better shape than at the end of last season.

I went for 8

I feel that we're lacking some creativity in attacking areas. Would have been nice to ship out Moura or Gil and get someone else in

Not too fussed about another CB addition. Always felt difficult

actually, my 8 is possibly harsh and should be 9 particularly given we got the people in early

Agree with this, good window but we're really light on creativity from midfield.

RWB. What a waste over the years.
Sold Walker and missed him.
Sold Trippier.
Sold KWP.
I said at the time we should not buy Doherty, he is not good enough and is old.
I said at the time we should not buy Royal, he is not good enough going forwards.
Spence looks good but Conte deems him too inexperienced.

Dear me, sort it out and buy one decent player here.

Happy with the work we managed to do, imo it was always going to take more then a couple of windows to bring in all we needed so i do not feel let down by what we did. Conte is trying to change our setup not just on the pitch but also the mentality of the dressing room ( which has let is down for several seasons now) and that was always going to take more then a couple of windows.

Back