• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Random Spurs related pictures that make me feel nice

I wish I had a time machine where I could transport myself back to the early 80's. Have such fond memories - one being walking into Woolies in Palmers Green and seeing the first door facing shelf containing the Spurs single (record), coming home and immediately putting on the record and singing the words on the back of the cover ('come on you Spurs!').

There was a newsagent in Turnpike Lane (leading upto Wightman Road) that sold a lot of Spurs memorabilia. Bought 10 packets of Panini stickers and a Spurs chain and medal. Loved the medal but have no idea where it disappeared to.

Seriously, very off-topic but footie was so much different before Sky got involved (perhaps it's nostalgia). Match of the Day was unmissable as were the papers the next day with the reports of the game...

I'd love to be transported back for at least an hour where I could enjoy footie again in an organic way.

Some great pics and vids lads.

I wish I had a time machine where I could transport myself back to the early 80's. Have such fond memories - one being walking into Woolies in Palmers Green and seeing the first door facing shelf containing the Spurs single (record), coming home and immediately putting on the record and singing the words on the back of the cover ('come on you Spurs!').

There was a newsagent in Turnpike Lane (leading upto Wightman Road) that sold a lot of Spurs memorabilia. Bought 10 packets of Panini stickers and a Spurs chain and medal. Loved the medal but have no idea where it disappeared to.

Seriously, very off-topic but footie was so much different before Sky got involved (perhaps it's nostalgia). Match of the Day was unmissable as were the papers the next day with the reports of the game...

I'd love to be transported back for at least an hour where I could enjoy footie again in an organic way.

Some great pics and vids lads.

Totally agree.

Away days back then were magnificent (still pretty good to be fair despite football's best efforts to **** them up and sanitize them within an inch of their lives)…very tough to remember such electricity at the Lane since the 80s…I will never, ever forget one week before the 81 Cup Final not thinking I was going to get a ticket (got my ST THAT summer!) and coming in from school close to tears because the hype was hitting big-time…then my Mum coming in from work…asking me if I'd done my homework, etc…then telling me that her workmate's brother had managed to get SEVEN TICKETS VIA THE BALLOTS! And that one was spare. For me…I could write a massive essay on that first Cup Final day, the subsequent queuing up post-match for replay tickets and the replay itself…let me just say, queuing outside Wembley for the replay, there was (literally) a MASSIVE kick around in one of the parking areas, must've been 50-a-side or something mental like that, Spurs and City together having a great time...

Totally agree.

Away days back then were magnificent (still pretty good to be fair despite football's best efforts to **** them up and sanitize them within an inch of their lives)…very tough to remember such electricity at the Lane since the 80s…I will never, ever forget one week before the 81 Cup Final not thinking I was going to get a ticket (got my ST THAT summer!) and coming in from school close to tears because the hype was hitting big-time…then my Mum coming in from work…asking me if I'd done my homework, etc…then telling me that her workmate's brother had managed to get SEVEN TICKETS VIA THE BALLOTS! And that one was spare. For me…I could write a massive essay on that first Cup Final day, the subsequent queuing up post-match for replay tickets and the replay itself…let me just say, queuing outside Wembley for the replay, there was (literally) a MASSIVE kick around in one of the parking areas, must've been 50-a-side or something mental like that, Spurs and City together having a great time...

Ahhhh - the good old, bad old, days! Happy memories :)

Nice ones , Cyril's =D>

Last edited:
iHTOrXQ.jpg

Totally agree.

Steff,
I remember getting up at something like 5am to queue and get tickets for the replay. Happy days indeed. And I watched the DVD of the replay again the other day, and apart from how skillful we were
it is amazing to see how players got seven bales of **** kicked out of them and picked themselves up and carried on. Especially Ardiles after one brutal challenge by Gow, I think.

Steff,
I remember getting up at something like 5am to queue and get tickets for the replay. Happy days indeed. And I watched the DVD of the replay again the other day, and apart from how skillful we were
it is amazing to see how players got seven bales of **** kicked out of them and picked themselves up and carried on. Especially Ardiles after one brutal challenge by Gow, I think.

Yes mate, Gow was a ****ing savage, though NOTHING beats the assault of Galvin by Souness in the League Cup the following March!

Back