• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

Russia are completely fudged. They have been outfought and have a lot of forces potentially trapped behind the lines. 10,000s of Russian POWs would give Putin a headache. Let alone the loss of another 50 battallions worth of kit including hyper sensitive secret squirrel brick.

It is just unbelievable that a country that had little organised military a decade ago could achieve so much tactically and strategically.

I reckon this is what would happen to us English if we invaded Scotland. And vice versa.

Scary and awesome.
I'm in.

Seems to be an action of Putin saying ‘let me do what I want or we all go down’. I mean throwing around ambiguous terms means it’s a threat but with it on the table, was it ever really 100% off the table? Then there’s no doubt that this war will be felt heavily worldwide even more so than now, even if the west are so far reluctant to act behind provisions and sanctions.

The British army has always been disproportionately Scottish and Welsh (and Indian and Nepalese etc.) for similar reasons. Even the Roman army never contained many Romans/Italians. Soldiers are generally underclasses and minorities (officer ranks aside)

Russia are completely fudged. They have been outfought and have a lot of forces potentially trapped behind the lines. 10,000s of Russian POWs would give Putin a headache. Let alone the loss of another 50 battallions worth of kit including hyper sensitive secret squirrel brick.

It is just unbelievable that a country that had little organised military a decade ago could achieve so much tactically and strategically.

I reckon this is what would happen to us English if we invaded Scotland. And vice versa.

Scary and awesome.
A lot of this is Nato and the US training, arming and rearming the Ukraine forces since 2014. Unfortunately it proves to Putin that he was right all along, that Nato military expansion is/was real.

The resupply of arms also gives Putin a reason to not allow safe passage for civilians for humanitarian reasons.

Almost guaranteed we will see a new Arms race when this war stops.

A lot of this is Nato and the US training, arming and rearming the Ukraine forces since 2014. Unfortunately it proves to Putin that he was right all along, that Nato military expansion is/was real.

The resupply of arms also gives Putin a reason to not allow safe passage for civilians for humanitarian reasons.

Putin might see it that way, while in reality Ukraine is just an independent nation making independent choices with the best interest of their own, independent citizens in mind.

Sure, Putin in his deluded world is tinkled off that the independent nation of Ukraine won’t bend over for him like his Belarussian puppet does, but in no way does that warrant or defend him waging a full on war against an independent - and peaceful - nation.

Between who?

This is Russia's Suez, they won't be a global player again.

And China are only economically expansionist, not militarily (Tibet and Taiwan aside).

NATO is the only one gearing back up to it's 2% commitments

Last edited:

I thought we were entreatied to help defend Ukraine in return for their nuclear dissassembly.

I advice everyone to watch this video from historian and former tank commander Niclas Moran, aka The Chieftain. We only get to see snippets of what's going on, and everyone need to consider what we are actually seeing, and even more importantly, what are we NOT seeing.

I advice everyone to watch this video from historian and former tank commander Niclas Moran, aka The Chieftain. We only get to see snippets of what's going on, and everyone need to consider what we are actually seeing, and even more importantly, what are we NOT seeing.

He lost me as soon as he said, “As someone on Facebook asked me…”

He's worth listening too. He knows war stuff, especially regarding tanks and infantry.

I have seen many different ways tanks in this war that tanks have been lost. Destroyed by rpg, stolen, abandoned, sunk, mired in mud, crashed, out of fuel, out of ammo, hit by drone, hit by tank, hit by shelling, hit by any number of anti tank missiles, hit by cannon fire, mined and just plain broken down.

No wonder he looked for a different role.

Mind you Zelensky has asked Boris for tanks but perhaps he doesn’t have as much time one his hands as I do to realise they are a liability.

I have seen many different ways tanks in this war that tanks have been lost. Destroyed by rpg, stolen, abandoned, sunk, mired in mud, crashed, out of fuel, out of ammo, hit by drone, hit by tank, hit by shelling, hit by any number of anti tank missiles, hit by cannon fire, mined and just plain broken down.

No wonder he looked for a different role.

Mind you Zelensky has asked Boris for tanks but perhaps he doesn’t have as much time one his hands as I do to realise they are a liability.
He should ask the local Ukrainian farmers. They have loads of tanks.

Yes, the US are too.
It's war. The goal now should be to end the war reduce the violence and get people to safety. Treaty or not, can always be rediscussed.

Cede territory even, but come back hard on more sanctions, tarrif and non tariff barriers on Russian everything.

The US feeds their war machineries. Always happy to start a war. They gain the most our of this.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back