• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Project"

milo

Jack L. Jones
Is there a more nauseating and frequently misused term in modern football?

I blame Chelsea.

can't say it bothers me that much, at least the clubs that have "projects" are trying to do something and win things, it's more interesting than the clubs who's sole aim is to stay in the PL

can't say it bothers me that much, at least the clubs that have "projects" are trying to do something and win things, it's more interesting than the clubs who's sole aim is to stay in the PL

there's not a day that goes by in this forum that you read something that makes you shake your head in disbelief.

I hate 'doing things the right way'

Not so much the word, but when pundits and commentators fail to grasp the meaning of the word 'literally', I start to get annoyed. Jamie Redknapp is particularly bad for this

Er, our very own AVB is the worst for this sort of marketing speak, talking about the group and collective etc

I particularly dislike the Hoddleism when he talks about 'the Rooneys, the Terrys and the Lampards of the game'.

I particularly dislike the Hoddleism when he talks about 'the Rooneys, the Terrys and the Lampards of the game'.

Drives me mental that one, I change channel when I hear it, that somebody who's opinion is supposed to be worth listening to (and is paid by a radio station to express it) cannot be bothered to switch on their brain when constructing a sentence is an insult to both their employers and the listeners.

Projects have a defined beginning and a defined end. Otherwise it's business as usual. I am with the OP on this, it makes me cringe every time I hear it as for a footballing team it's completely out of context. Moving to a new stadium is a project. Arguably a single season is a project but it's a stupid way of looking at it. More than one season is definitely not a project and is more day to day operations.

Pretty much everything coming of the commentators and pundits mouths makes me cringe. I've resorted to watching games with the sound off.

As for project: Aston Villa under Lambert is a project. Trimming the wage bill and bringing in loads of talented youngsters should put them in a decent position in a few years. Spending insane amounts of money on mercenaries is not a project.

Back