• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

One interesting quote from the interview.

More than half the MLS teams are drawing bigger crowds than NHL (ice hockey) teams.

How expensive are tickets for an MLS game?

For the Chicago Fire

2014%20Seating%20Map-01%281%29.jpg

Last edited:
Most NHL arenas will hold between 19-22K capacity.

MLS stadiums are the same size, except 1 or 2 of them.

22K at an indoor sporting event? Scary the scale the Americans do things on.

I'm very apprehensive about football becoming popular over there. Football will always be football, but the Premier League as a brand will try to cater for American audiences. I think within 10 years there will be games played in the US like NFL being played in Wembley. They have a bigger audience and therefore more money, and sadly that dictates.

22K at an indoor sporting event? Scary the scale the Americans do things on.

I'm very apprehensive about football becoming popular over there. Football will always be football, but the Premier League as a brand will try to cater for American audiences. I think within 10 years there will be games played in the US like NFL being played in Wembley. They have a bigger audience and therefore more money, and sadly that dictates.
Check our college American football attendance for the top 30

Rank School Average Per Game
1. Michigan 111,592
2. Ohio St. 104,933
3. Alabama 101,505
4. Texas 98,976
5. Penn St. 96,587
6. Tennessee 95,584
7. Georgia 92,746
8. LSU 91,418
9. Nebraska 90,933
10. Florida 87,440
11. Texas A&M 87,125
12. Auburn 85,657
13. Oklahoma 84,722
14. South Carolina 82,401
15. Clemson 82,048
16. Notre Dame 80,795
17. Wisconsin 78,911
18. Florida St. 75,421
19. Southern California 73,126
20. Michigan St. 72,328
21. UCLA 70,285
22. Washington 68,769
23. Iowa 67,125
24. Virginia Tech 63,999
25. Missouri 63,505
26. Arizona St. 62,689
27. Arkansas 61,596
28. BYU 61,225
29. Kentucky 59,472
30. Ole Miss 59,393

A handful of those in the 80s and 90s are expanding their stadiums 100K+ because they have demand for it.

We definitely believe "if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing"

Last edited:
Back more on topic.

Now that games are no longer in America and easily available for me to watch, does anyone know of a good/reliable streaming site I can find games on going forward that won't cost me a lot of money?

Back more on topic.

Now that games are no longer in America and easily available for me to watch, does anyone know of a good/reliable streaming site I can find games on going forward that won't cost me a lot of money?

If anyone does, you're not allowed to mention it in public ;)

Most NHL arenas will hold between 19-22K capacity.

MLS stadiums are the same size, except 1 or 2 of them.

It's worth noting that MLS teams play once a week - so twice a month at home on average. The NHL plays an 82 game schedule which works out to a lot more home games - this is usually the tripping point for everyday people trying to afford season tickets for hockey.

One interesting quote from the interview.

More than half the MLS teams are drawing bigger crowds than NHL (ice hockey) teams.

MLS teams charge buttons for most seats. My four here in Toronto cost me about $900 total for 17 league matches and two cup games.

I could spend that amount quite easily for four seats to watch a single Toronto Maple Leafs NHL game. That would also be the case for all seven Canadian NHL teams and the bigger American clubs, like NY Rangers, Detroit, Boston, Philly, Chicago, LA Kings, Colorado, Pittsburgh, Washington. TV and commercial deals for the NHL dwarf what MLS currently have, too.

That said, there are a number of soft NHL franchises, mostly in the southern US, where cheap tickets can be had for every game. It's good to see MLS earning such comparisons. The game is growing and this is almost like a Summer of Love for the game this year, with the World Cup drawing such strong interest and the MLS sides pulling in good crowds to watch visiting teams from England and Europe.

Last edited:
So the World Cup players are back in training, ready for the game on Saturday against Celtic.
I'm expecting a big win here, by 3 or 4 goals.
Sandwiched between two CL qualifiers, I'm guessing Celtic won't be fielding many of their first 11.

So the World Cup players are back in training, ready for the game on Saturday against Celtic.
Sandwiched between two CL qualifiers, I'm guessing Celtic won't be fielding many of their first 11.

Maybe not but they will be trying to kick f*** out of us as usual in these games against Glasgow clubs, These are games where they can prove they are as good as English teams.

They're currently 1-2 down in the away leg, so won't be at full strength, but their new coach is trying to make them play football on the ground.

Back