• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

Still think we have some issues.
Soldado missed several chances that the forward has to score. I'm not sure he is going to be much different from last season.
If Walker is out for any time Naughton isn't adequate backup (although he is not terrible by any means).
Just because Holtby can run around tirelessly doesn't make him good enough - I still don't know what his position is.
Lamela looked the same player as last year on that first half showing.

Carroll was only on for 15 minutes or so and yet he played the ball forward more incisively thank any other player - and yet he looks slated to go out on loan.

On the plus side Kane looks good behind the front line -although not so much as an out and out striker. Ade finished well. Dier looked decent enough. Sandro broke up play well.##

Not sure about the high press style -but that's just a personal preference.

Townsend is only greedy on the right because he can't pass from there.

On the left he's a completely different player, its so obvious its unreal

ill keep saying it till everybody realises. HES A LWF NOT A RWF!!!

we all know he's **** on the right.

Gutter wont believe you

Soldado missed several chances that the forward has to score. I'm not sure he is going to be much different from last season.
If Walker is out for any time Naughton isn't adequate backup (although he is not terrible by any means).
Just because Holtby can run around tirelessly doesn't make him good enough - I still don't know what his position is.

Carroll was only on for 15 minutes or so and yet he played the ball forward more incisively thank any other player - and yet he looks slated to go out on loan.

On the plus side Kane looks good behind the front line -although not so much as an out and out striker. Ade finished well. Dier looked decent enough. Sandro broke up play well.##

Agree with everything there.
Plus there were a few little things Poch should have sorted out already like letting Townsend take corners and our defensive set piece set up.
I don't think he has any idea what to do with Holtby.

I dont think he's ever gonna play Carroll. And there isn't enough creativity in that central midfield area without him (Holtby isnt a viable option there).
It wont be long before people starting turning on Poch here for not using traditional wingers, and playing Lennon and Eriksen etc in the "wrong positions".

Have you watched any other preseason games? Carroll has looked pretty awful, lamela has looked pretty damn good. Naughton is more than good enough back up for right back. But we're sorting right back too in yedlin.

Can't judge things on one game.

Lloris; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Bentaleb; Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon; Adebayor

Naughton and Sandro for Walker and Capoue if they're out.

Commentator treating Clarke Carlisle as though he's ex-Spurs

Hate it when they speak so expertly about off-side decisions when they clearly dhave no idea of law 11. In short - it's not about the feet, more everything but the hands/arms.

I couldn't spot much of a pattern from us, nor much initiative from the opposition until they sped things up - at which point we got a bit school playground-ish.

Oh - who was the bloke Ade saluted?. Looked like Tim's dad.

So what have we found out this pre season?
Soldado cant convert great chances, Townsend has zero end product, our defence and midfield will get ripped apart by any half decent team. I think it will be a month or 2 before we see a settled side.
Probably be the last day of the transfer window until we get Mastaccio and Sniederlin signed at inflated prices(no change there then) apart from that I cant wait for the season to start

And before the inevitable replies please realise that the above is very tongue in cheek

Have you watched any other preseason games? Carroll has looked pretty awful, lamela has looked pretty damn good. Naughton is more than good enough back up for right back. But we're sorting right back too in yedlin.

Carroll looked decent in all of them apart from the game Lewis "heat map" Holtby decided to let him play in the midfield on his own versus three opposition midfielders while he went on his own pre season tour of the pitch.

Lloris; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Bentaleb; Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon; Adebayor

Naughton and Sandro for Walker and Capoue if they're out.

would be rather happy with that. Think hell go with what started todays game though but with Vert for Dier.

I watched the first and last MLS game and the Celtic game, and highlights of the middle MLS game.

I thought Carroll played well in the MLS game, and Lamela was OK too, and Soldado. But the opposition wasn't that great. Today we played a good side and Soldado and Lamela looked the same as last season. Believe me I want it to be different, maybe it will, but I didn't think the signs looked good today.

As for Carroll I think he is a very good player in the making. I'd rather have his forward passing and playmaking than Holtby's running around everywhere -but Poch clearly doesn't agree.

At the moment, though, as we head into the season, we still have many of the issues that contributed to AVB's sacking. Too many similar type players. No clarity over who is the preferred option in many positions. No playmaker. A lack of flair players in midfield. Poor chance conversion from one of our main strikers. We need a bit of a clear out, and some new players in key positions - and that might come, but maybe not this window.

In the meantime I don't think we can expect too much of our new manager.

I watched the first and last MLS game and the Celtic game, and highlights of the middle MLS game.

I thought Carroll played well in the MLS game, and Lamela was OK too, and Soldado. But the opposition wasn't that great. Today we played a good side and Soldado and Lamela looked the same as last season. Believe me I want it to be different, maybe it will, but I didn't think the signs looked good today.

As for Carroll I think he is a very good player in the making. I'd rather have his forward passing and playmaking than Holtby's running around everywhere -but Poch clearly doesn't agree.

At the moment, though, as we head into the season, we still have many of the issues that contributed to AVB's sacking. Too many similar type players. No clarity over who is the preferred option in many positions. No playmaker. A lack of flair players in midfield. Poor chance conversion from one of our main strikers. We need a bit of a clear out, and some new players in key positions - and that might come, but maybe not this window.

In the meantime I don't think we can expect too much of our new manager.

Exactly. And just because Poch has said he likes to see flair and attacking football in interviews doesnt really mean a thing. AVB said pretty much the same things. We have the same personnel and the same issues.

Back