• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predictions for new season

I think that it is easier to find Jose's type of players than Pep's. From their current squad

-----------------------De Gea------------------------
Darmian------Smalling----(Bailly?)--------Shaw
----------------------Carrick------------------------
-------Schweinsteiger----(Fellaini?)-------------
---Mkhitaryan------------------------Martial----
----------------------Zlatan----------------------

Still looks weakfish in the back but workable I think.

Why do people still put the lines in formations? Half the time its fudged up.

Just put use [ center ] [ /center] without the gaps.

De Gea
Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw

Carrick Schweinsteiger Fellaini

Mkhi Martial

Zlatan​

Edit - Ok, so for some reason it doesn't work with the app.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

I agree - top half finish. Not going to look into any crystal ball. I havent yet wiped out memories of the 5-1 shellacking by Saudi Sportswashing Machine that allowed Arsenal to overtake us on the last day. I cant believe that certain players are still at the club.

The league is so unpredictable this season. The only thing guaranteed is scum getting top 4 but not close to the title.

As others have alluded to, Chelsea and Liverpool have no European football, but I do believe the rebuilding job at both clubs is bigger than most people think.

I just can't not see Emirates Marketing Project winning it as they have the best squad and arguably the best coach.

Leicester will do well to finish in the top 6.

I agree - top half finish. Not going to look into any crystal ball. I havent yet wiped out memories of the 5-1 shellacking by Saudi Sportswashing Machine that allowed Arsenal to overtake us on the last day. I cant believe that certain players are still at the club.

I really don't care about the Arsenal part of the scenario- the performance was a game changer for me with Poch.

He now has much to prove to 'me' this season, loved what he did last season BUT the month of May sent a seismic shock through my perceptions of the current Spurs setup!

It's why I said "top half" for next season!

Here's hoping a taste of CL will fire them on for more. While my predictions earlier were, fairly honest, maybe a little part of me is dreaming that neither Chelsea or Pool get Europe. Pool still look a bit meh to me, no doubt Klopp has the ability to get them going, I'm just not impressed by them.

Difficult to say really given we have 5 weeks until the transfer window shuts but I think that Man Utd will win it should they get Pogba/Matuidi and sign another decent CB. They have goals and pace in them and seem to be rectifying the weaknesses directly in their squad. If they signed a better RB it would be a big help.

Chelsea and Liverpool will be helped by no european football but in Liverpool's case they haven't strengthen sufficiently enough or with enough quality yet imo to challenge the top 4 and Chelsea I think could be in for more of the same manager/player clashes but should still have enough to get back into the top 4. City need a fair bit of work but I would expect them to be Utd's nearest challengers. Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool to battle it out for 4th with Arsenal likely to prevail. So, my predictions based on signings and possible future ones......

1. Manchester United
2. Emirates Marketing Project
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
----------------------------
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. Liverpool
7. Leicester City
8. Everton
9. Southampton
10. West Ham United
11. Stoke City
12. Crystal Palace
13. Swansea City
14. Middlesbrough
15. West Bromwich Albion
16. Sunderland
17. Bournemouth
-----------------------------
18. Watford
19. Burnley
20. Hull City

I really don't care about the Arsenal part of the scenario- the performance was a game changer for me with Poch.

He now has much to prove to 'me' this season, loved what he did last season BUT the month of May sent a seismic shock through my perceptions of the current Spurs setup!

Agree with this. Let's hope the last few games was nothing more than disappointment of losing the title rather than something deeper. We didn't cover ourselves in the glory the last 4 games, not just the results, but our performances and lack of discipline left a lot to be desired.

Agree with this. Let's hope the last few games was nothing more than disappointment of losing the title rather than something deeper. We didn't cover ourselves in the glory the last 4 games, not just the results, but our performances and lack of discipline left a lot to be desired.

"disappointment of losing the title" That for me would be the most worrying of all reasons. Saying they have a brittle psyche would be the understatement of the century.

With the upheaval of the ground move, Champions league games at Wembley and the after effects of the Euros, I see a 'perfect storm' scenario for us.

Interested in this and the other posts following. As some fans, certainally myself, maybe Spurs management too, could be blamed for being 'dreamers'. And in the cold light of day, when the season came to the crunch, our inexperienced team bottled it. You'd want Poch to have this wound fresh in his memory.

Would you agree, that all the players were 100% committed? They weren't lacking in desire and intent? I don't think that was the problem. If anything maybe they were too psyched, playing the occasion and not the game? There are similarities to England at the Euros, arguably Iceland was an even bigger capitulation. Both young teams who failed to perform under pressure.

We missed a couple key players, and fatigue may have played a part. We have two new key players, who you'd hope would come into the team if we were in the same position this season. They'd give a fresh zip and help us home. Now some time has passed, we should be able to reflect on last season's capitulation. Want needs addressing in your opinion, are we in better shape now?

Last edited:
Interested in this and the other posts following. As some fans, certainally myself, maybe Spurs management too, could be blamed for being 'dreamers'. And in the cold light of day, when the season came to the crunch, our inexperienced team bottled it. You'd want Poch to have this wound fresh in his memory.

Would you agree, that all the players were 100% committed? They weren't lacking in desire and intent? I don't think that wasn't the problem. If anything maybe they were too psyched, playing the occasion and not the game? There are similarities to England at the Euros, arguably Iceland was an even bigger capitulation. Both young teams who failed to perform under pressure.

We missed a couple key players, and fatigue may have played a part. We have two new key players now, who you'd hope would come into the team if we were in the same position this season. They'd give a fresh zip and help us home.

Now some time has passed, we should be able to reflect on last season's capitulation. Want needs addressing in your opinion, are we in better shape now?

I don't know what needs addressing I'm too far away from the coal face, so to speak.......
Poch dropped the ball in the month of May and had no answers!

Next? We need to see how August goes, I'm not very hopeful. We need Kane and the guys to get thier mojos back!

With Poch being mentioned in 'connection' with Argentina job, it could a turbulent start to the season!

We'll finish above Pool, I won 50 quid of my Pool supporting mate this season, and iv put it up again for this season. Certain we'll do them.

Leicester will be interesting, I don't see Europe. I think between 9th-12th.

This for me played a major part in our end of season run, against Chelski the players lost it all together and became a rabble. I said at the time that Poch needed to kick a few arses after that game because it was obvious the pressure took over.

I could never understand why some supporters lapped it up and were proud that " we stuck up for ourselves". It did not help us and i really hope the lesson was learned.

This for me played a major part in our end of season run, against Chelski the players lost it all together and became a rabble. I said at the time that Poch needed to kick a few arses after that game because it was obvious the pressure took over.

I could never understand why some supporters lapped it up and were proud that " we stuck up for ourselves". It did not help us and i really hope the lesson was learned.

it was banal behaviour from far too many - it for me was the catalyst to the terrible period!

it was banal behaviour from far too many - it for me was the catalyst to the terrible period!

Could not agree more, there is nothing wrong with controlled aggression but in that game the players lost it and we have to make sure we do not do it again, no matter how many fans said it was good to see and lapped it up.

I would have made Dembele wash my car in front of the Sky news cameras every day he was suspended for.
As you can't sack them!

If I had my way he could have foxtrot oscared off to play for Chelsea or the like!

Back