• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predictions for new season

1. Liverpool
2. Arse
3. Spurs
4. City
5. Chelsea
6. United

Liverpool with a full pre-season under Klopp and no European football should have the advantage. Chelsea I'm not so sure about, given it's Conte's first foray into the PL. The fact that us and the Scum have settled squads should see us in the top-4. As for United, who the fudge knows!

If we're smart, we'll fudge off the cups and focus on PL and CL. Yeah yeah, I know, the game is about glory, but we need to focus on long-term glory, which is establishing ourselves solidly in the top-4 and building from there, which is why doing well in the league is of paramount importance.

I also predict we'll end up with the stingiest defense for a second year running.

EDIT: one more prediction: Marcus Edwards to be the breakout player this season. In the vein "we were chasing Götze, but we had Edwards all along." :D

Last edited:
I am surprised that so many are bigging up Chelsea (10th) and Liverpool (8th) as potential champions and predicting that Leicester will not feature in the top half. Do the wild changes in position that are being predicted really happen (Leicester/Chelsea excepted)?

Also please allow me the rather fanciful and emotional prediction that we will finish above Arsenal.

1. City
2. Spurs
3. Arsenal
4. United
5. Leicester
6. Chelsea
7. Liverpool
8. Everton
9. West Ham
10. Southampton

Down: Burnley, Watford, Middlesborough.

I am surprised many people have City top of the table. They still have a lot of work to do to get players to play Pep's style of football. I think that United will win it if they get Pogba and a new central defender.

I am surprised many people have City top of the table. They still have a lot of work to do to get players to play Pep's style of football. I think that United will win it if they get Pogba and a new central defender.

Surely Manure still have a lot of holes to fill to play Jose's type of football (which is probably just a more cynical version of LVG's type of football)?

Surely Manure still have a lot of holes to fill to play Jose's type of football (which is probably just a more cynical version of LVG's type of football)?

I think that it is easier to find Jose's type of players than Pep's. From their current squad

-----------------------De Gea------------------------
Darmian------Smalling----(Bailly?)--------Shaw
----------------------Carrick------------------------
-------Schweinsteiger----(Fellaini?)-------------
---Mkhitaryan------------------------Martial----
----------------------Zlatan----------------------

Still looks weakfish in the back but workable I think.

I think that it is easier to find Jose's type of players than Pep's. From their current squad

-----------------------De Gea------------------------
Darmian------Smalling----(Bailly?)--------Shaw
----------------------Carrick------------------------
-------Schweinsteiger----(Fellaini?)-------------
---Mkhitaryan------------------------Martial----
----------------------Zlatan----------------------

Still looks weakfish in the back but workable I think.

A few old has-beans in keys ares though no (Schweinsteiger and Zlatan..)

It is more plausible that City could improve from 4th to 1st, or indeed Man U could improve from 5th to 1st than Chelsea or Liverpool to jump from mid table to win the league. In the modern game, it is simply impossible to make that sort of improvement in one season...

It is more plausible that City could improve from 4th to 1st, or indeed Man U could improve from 5th to 1st than Chelsea or Liverpool to jump from mid table to win the league. In the modern game, it is simply impossible to make that sort of improvement in one season...

wavingranieri.jpg

Indeed. But people much clever than either of us estimated that it would happen once every 5000 seasons. And it even lead to some people questioning the legitimacy of their methods.

Pool in top 3 is fudging hilarious, if Klopp does that, then he's the best manager in the world. Pool has managed top 4 once is 6 years with the world's best on form striker +2 supporting players having the season of their lives. One question for Klopp, who in that side is going to score 20 Goals?

Arsenal is the odd man out, assuming City/Chelsea are in top 4, can Arsenal hold off all but one of United, Spurs, Pool (since people think so), Leicester, Everton, West Ham?

If we can start and end the campaign well, we will win the League.

Have concerns that our midfield and attack is young and can't always pull cheap points out the bag. But the quartet that excelled last season are 4 years older, and have some weighty backup now in Wanyama and Jenssen.

I saw Mata ridiculed when @indospurs , was it, mentioned him. And while Mata didn't suit Morinho for the same reasons he wouldn't suite poch - not enough tracking back - a player of his age is what we need. When games are drifting, and we need an older head to calm things, show determination and pull the game back our way. If Wanyama or Kane or another can start to show a maturity to do that, it would add to Alderwield, possibly Rose and Walker too - who seem to have that level of awareness to turn games around. Last season you might say we won points the hard way, the team need to learn how to grind results to win the PL, and win cheap now and again.

If I was putting my house on it, I'd say 3rd again. But I'm not, so we'll win the PL. This team and manager have the balls, hunger and probably the skills too. Do they have the required maturity and cunning as well??

I don't think Utd will be all that. Rooney at number 10, Ibra upfront? I think Zlatan will struggle. Maybe a few years ago he'd have coped, but he will be getting the treatment week after week.

I think we can win it, we've got the beating of most sides in the division imo. Poch has got a good core group, we have a good system of play.

Wimmer to become a mainstay in the defence and Spurs to win the league.

1. Spurs
2. Arsenal
3. Emirates Marketing Project
4. Liverpool
5. Man Utd
6. Chelsea

If we can start and end the campaign well, we will win the League.

Have concerns that our midfield and attack is young and can't always pull cheap points out the bag. But the quartet that excelled last season are 4 years older, and have some weighty backup now in Wanyama and Jenssen.

I saw Mata ridiculed when @indospurs , was it, mentioned him. And while Mata didn't suit Morinho for the same reasons he wouldn't suite poch - not enough tracking back - a player of his age is what we need. When games are drifting, and we need an older head to calm things, show determination and pull the game back our way. If Wanyama or Kane or another can start to show a maturity to do that, it would add to Alderwield, possibly Rose and Walker too - who seem to have that level of awareness to turn games around. Last season you might say we won points the hard way, the team need to learn how to grind results to win the PL, and win cheap now and again.

If I was putting my house on it, I'd say 3rd again. But I'm not, so we'll win the PL. This team and manager have the balls, hunger and probably the skills too. Do they have the required maturity and cunning as well??

The single benefit I can see of Allardyce getting the England job is that in the short time slots he'll spend with our players a different approach to playing the game MIGHT just rub off enough on our young English lot to do just that.

I think we will finish 5th unless we get knocked out of the CL early.

Scum are nailed on for top 4, but they won't win the title.

Emirates Marketing Project to win it.

Back