• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

Not so silly. We're about 4 points up or so already on last year using same fixtures.

I didn't say it was silly. What was our points total last season after the same number of games just out of interest? It's bold considering Defoe is injured and Ade has been woeful this season.

I didn't say it was silly. What was our points total last season after the same number of games just out of interest? It's bold considering Defoe is injured and Ade has been woeful this season.

We are 8 points behind compared to the same number of games, but last season we only got 6 points from our next 9 games. 14 from 9 needed to put us equal after 34 games.

Round 25 2012 16-5-4 53 points 2013 13-6-6 45 points

Round 26 2012 16-5-5
Round 27 16-5-6
Round 28 16-5-7
Round 29 16-6-7
Round 30 16-7-7 55 points

Last edited:
Round 26 2012 16-5-5 53 points 2013 14-6-6 48 points

Round 27 16-5-6 53 points
Round 28 16-5-7 53 points
Round 29 16-6-7 54 points
Round 30 16-7-7 55 points

Our last 14 EPL games

9-4-1 31 points= 2.21 pts per game x 38 = 84 pts

Our last 10 EPL games

6-4-0 22 points= 2.2 pts per game x 38 = 84 pts

Last edited:
ChelseaTottenhamArsenalEvertonLiverpool
Wigan (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H)Sunderland (A)Man Utd (A)West Brom (H)
Emirates Marketing Project (A)West Ham (A)Aston Villa (A)Norwich (A)Swansea (H)
West Brom (H)Arsenal (H)Tottenham (A)Reading (H)Wigan (A)
Fulham (A)Liverpool (A)Everton (H)Arsenal (A)Tottenham (H)
West Ham (H)Fulham (H)Swansea (A)Emirates Marketing Project (H)Southampton (A)
Southampton (A)Swansea (A)Reading (H)Stoke (H)Aston Villa (A)
Sunderland (H)Everton (H)West Brom (A)Tottenham (A)West Ham (H)
Tottenham (H)Chelsea (A)Norwich (H)QPR (H)Reading (A)
Liverpool (A)Emirates Marketing Project (H)Fulham (A)Sunderland (A)Chelsea (H)
Swansea (H)Wigan (A)Man Utd (H)Fulham (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)
Man Utd (A)Southampton (H)QPR (A)Liverpool (A)Everton (H)
Aston Villa (A)Stoke (A)Wigan (H)West Ham (H)Fulham (A)
Everton (H)Sunderland (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)Chelsea (A)QPR (H)

Can we get 2nd?

Only the Everton result gets at me.

Same here. I think I could have lived with 1-1, but the 2nd goal was absolutely gutwrenching. It's points we basically had in the bag. The only way we could get them back in my book is by winning at either Liverpool or Chelsea.

The draws v Norwich and WBA happen, so do shock defeats like Wigan. Even United have days like that. The killers are the games like Everton when you're leading with just minutes left and dont even get a point

Same here. I think I could have lived with 1-1, but the 2nd goal was absolutely gutwrenching. It's points we basically had in the bag. The only way we could get them back in my book is by winning at either Liverpool or Chelsea.

The draws v Norwich and WBA happen, so do shock defeats like Wigan. Even United have days like that. The killers are the games like Everton when you're leading with just minutes left and dont even get a point

Winning at OT you could say evened it out a bit though to be fair..

I'd take a win at Stamford Bridge though!

I think I'm being over ambitious, I can see our remaining fixtures as good. Our hardest away games against sides that we could get a draw against (Liverpool & Chelsea) and the rest are either at home or winnable. Obviously doesnt follow that this will be so and we WILL drop points against sides that we really ought to beat.

I will be happy with 4th but we should push for 2nd and see what can happen.

This is what it looks like at the moment using last season's results. Liverpool play West Brom tomorrow in a match they lost last time. A win would put them above Arsenal.

estimatedpointsgraph26.png

Just can't see how Liverpool can be threat unless they do get results in all their big matches. And they're just as likely to lose to teams like Stoke or Villa again when they get a bit of a run going. In fact, I can see them dropping points this weekend to WBA.

Bumpety Bump Bump Bump

When will Liverpool learn, as soon as they start talking about how well they've been going, they then lose the next game.

Updated after this weekend's results. A draw between Chelsea and City would do nicely:

ChelseaTottenhamArsenalEvertonLiverpool
Emirates Marketing Project (A)West Ham (A)Aston Villa (A)Norwich (A)Swansea (H)
West Brom (H)Arsenal (H)Tottenham (A)Reading (H)Wigan (A)
Fulham (A)Liverpool (A)Everton (H)Arsenal (A)Tottenham (H)
West Ham (H)Fulham (H)Swansea (A)Emirates Marketing Project (H)Southampton (A)
Southampton (A)Swansea (A)Reading (H)Stoke (H)Aston Villa (A)
Sunderland (H)Everton (H)West Brom (A)Tottenham (A)West Ham (H)
Tottenham (H)Chelsea (A)Norwich (H)QPR (H)Reading (A)
Liverpool (A)Emirates Marketing Project (H)Fulham (A)Sunderland (A)Chelsea (H)
Swansea (H)Wigan (A)Man Utd (H)Fulham (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)
Man Utd (A)Southampton (H)QPR (A)Liverpool (A)Everton (H)
Aston Villa (A)Stoke (A)Wigan (H)West Ham (H)Fulham (A)
Everton (H)Sunderland (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)Chelsea (A)QPR (H)

I'll weight the teams as follows, expected number of points in brackets (home/away):

Top 2: Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project (0/0, anything here is a bonus)

CL contenders: Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool (3/0, 12 points in total)

Mid table: Swansea, West Brom, Stoke, Sunderland, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Norwich, West Ham (3/1, 32 points in total)

Bottom 5: QPR, Wigan, Southampton, Reading, Aston Villa (3/3, 30 points in total)

If anyone matched this over the course of a season they would get 74 points, leaving some margin for fudgeups. :) It's mostly intended to rate the different run ins and you never now when teams will start to switch off towards the end of the season.

As it stands:

Chelsea 49
Tottenham 48
Arsenal 44
Everton 42
Liverpool 36

Come end of season:

Chelsea 74 (25/36 points won)
Tottenham 69 (21/36 points won)
Liverpool 68 (32/36 points won)
Arsenal 66 (22/36 points won)
Everton 59 (17/36 points won)

Assuming the teams fighting relegation put up a fight and get a draw at home:

Chelsea 70
Tottenham 67
Liverpool 60
Arsenal 62
Everton 57

Using last season's results from the same fixtures:

Chelsea 72
Tottenham 72
Arsenal 58
Liverpool 57
Everton 53

*all this assuming I've counted correctly when adding up

Can that be right? Arsenal finished 3rd with 14 pts from those 12 fixtures?

They got 24 points from their final 12 games last season, but this season's fixtures only gave them 14 points.

Wins: Aston Villa (H), Everton (H), Reading(Bolton) (H), West Brom (A)
Draws: Norwich (H), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)
Losses: Tottenham (A), Swansea (A), Fulham (A), Man Utd (H), QPR (A), Wigan (H)

Without predicting the outcome of every fixture for the rest of the season, the next PL game against west ham is vital imo. Although with their 'easier' fixtures I think Liverpool can not be seen as a real threat to 4th. They are 12 behind with 12 to play. We currently average 1.84 points a game say we dropped to 1.5 points a game they'd have to average 2.5 points, the same average man utd have can't see it happening. Above Liverpool, west brom and Swansea I can't see challenging us either. West brom are fading a bit and once Swansea have won the league cup they could easily take the foot off the gas a bit. Everton can challenge us but as has been highlighted they have a harder run in. This leaves arsenal currently 4 points behind us and why our next game against west ham is vital in my opinion, if we beat west ham they will be at least 4 points behind us going into the derby. Although we always want to win it, this changes it into a must not lose rather than a must win. As if we draw come out still 4 points ahead with them knowing that it is out of their hands then surely that is a big psychological blow for them. Especially with Everton and Swansea coming up for them either side of a game with bayern.

I see 8 wins in our last 12 games, that'd mean Arsenal needing 10 wins and Liverpool needing 14 wins, are we really worrying about Liverpool as a challenger?

I see 8 wins in our last 12 games, that'd mean Arsenal needing 10 wins and Liverpool needing 14 wins, are we really worrying about Liverpool as a challenger?

After yesterday, not really. Maybe we should have a look at City instead? 8-[

Back