• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2016

I think he is an intelligent young footballer, could have a good career in the game, i dont however think he will ever be good enough to knock on the door of a serious or regular starting place for us and for his sake and ours he would be better going elsewhere and playing week in week out.

At what level that is, perhaps mid-lower PL or Championship?

You may be right, but i would rather we have him on the bench then Mason. As you say i do not think he will become a starter but he could be a good player to bring on if we need to keep the ball. But if Poch thinks we should let him go so be it.

Hey, are you Tommy Silver from Ozspurs? it just clicked with me after all these years !!!!!

Will be having a beer or two with you in Melbourne then, down from the Gold Coast for both games and the Night with Ledley

Haha, sounds good - come and find me in Melbourne. I'll be at every event!

361320BE00000578-0-image-m-111_1467989602613.jpg

3612C42D00000578-0-image-m-117_1467989953239.jpg

3612B84D00000578-0-image-m-113_1467989655430.jpg

3612BBE300000578-0-image-m-115_1467989751676.jpg

3612B17300000578-0-image-m-120_1467990090056.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino is renowned for being a hard taskmaster, something Victor Wanyama would have been keenly aware of before the Kenyan agreed his £11million switch to Tottenham Hotspur.

Wanyama, who previously worked under Spurs boss Pochettino at Southampton, could therefore brace himself for what was to come in his first pre-season at his new club.

Clinton Njie on the other hand is a novice when it comes to the Argentine manager's notoriously gruelling training sessions, designed to produce a team that will bow to nobody for its industry and endurance.

And striker Njie, who moved to White Hart Lane from Lyon last August, admits he is pushing himself further than ever before in preparation for the forthcoming Premier League campaign.

'This is the hardest I have been working in my career,' the Cameroonian told Spurs' official website. “It’s been going very well, we’ve been training very hard and I think all the guys who are in have been doing well for themselves.

“Training is tough but we need to do this because we want to have a great season. You saw last season that we were one of the best and fittest teams in the Premier League so I think this is the time to work harder to enable us to perform at the top level.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...uricio-Pochettino-s-gruelling-pre-season.html

Victor Wanyama made his first appearance for Tottenham as Mauricio Pochettino's side beat Nottingham Forest 3-0 in their first pre-season outing.

Wanyama, an £11m signing from Southampton last month, played alongside Ryan Mason in central midfield, with goals from Heung-min Son, Tom Carroll and Alex Pritchard ensuring a solid start to Spurs' preparations for the new season.

Pochettino fielded a mixture of academy and first-team players not involved in international competition this summer, with Nacer Chadli and Nabil Bentaleb also involved in the behind-closed-doors game at Hotspur Way.

Son got Spurs on their way after just three minutes, winning the ball just outside the area before firing beyond Dorus de Vries from the angle.

Spurs were 2-0 up four minutes later when Luke Amos found Carroll with a cross from the right and the midfielder did well with an improvised finish that beat de Vries at his near post.

Jamie Paterson drew a good save from Michel Vorm just before the break, while Britt Assombalonga thought he had pulled one back on 50 minutes only to see his effort ruled out for offside.

But Spurs, who have Champions League football at Wembley to look forward to this season, continued to dominate possession and Harry Winks and Pritchard went close before Bentaleb's drilled effort was tipped around the post.

However, Bentaleb then turned provider two minutes from the end, flicking the ball over for Pritchard to finish well.

Victor Wanyama made his first appearance for Tottenham as Mauricio Pochettino's side beat Nottingham Forest 3-0 in their first pre-season outing.

Wanyama, an £11m signing from Southampton last month, played alongside Ryan Mason in central midfield, with goals from Heung-min Son, Tom Carroll and Alex Pritchard ensuring a solid start to Spurs' preparations for the new season.

Pochettino fielded a mixture of academy and first-team players not involved in international competition this summer, with Nacer Chadli and Nabil Bentaleb also involved in the behind-closed-doors game at Hotspur Way.

Son got Spurs on their way after just three minutes, winning the ball just outside the area before firing beyond Dorus de Vries from the angle.

Spurs were 2-0 up four minutes later when Luke Amos found Carroll with a cross from the right and the midfielder did well with an improvised finish that beat de Vries at his near post.

Jamie Paterson drew a good save from Michel Vorm just before the break, while Britt Assombalonga thought he had pulled one back on 50 minutes only to see his effort ruled out for offside.

But Spurs, who have Champions League football at Wembley to look forward to this season, continued to dominate possession and Harry Winks and Pritchard went close before Bentaleb's drilled effort was tipped around the post.

However, Bentaleb then turned provider two minutes from the end, flicking the ball over for Pritchard to finish well.
Any highlights posted anywhere?

Nice lob from Bentaleb. Is he now injured? That's what PhysioRoom says.
I think that's old info. When you click on his name in the table, it shows the injury date as March 2016 - unless it has recurred and they count it as continuous, which would seem odd.
Let's hope not. I'd like to see him recover his form again this season.

First goal was from Son.
Second came from Amos crossing for Carroll.
Third came from Bentaleb chipping the ball into Pritchard.

The site states that Mason started alongside Wanyama. I also noticed Georgiou was also on the pitch in the first half. The first half lineup was something like:

Amos----CB-----CB--------LB
------Wanyama--Mason-------
--Son-----Carroll---Georgiou--
-----------Sterling-------------

The only clip from the second half leads me to believe that we played with:

RB------CB-----CB--------LB
-------Bentaleb--Winks------
-Edwards--Chadli--Pritchard-
-----------Harrison-----------

Looking at the pics and the summary, I'd say we likely started with:

----------------Vorm------------
Trippier----CCV-----???---Walkes
---------Bentaleb--Mason------
------Carroll---???---Pritchard--
-----------------Son-------------

Second half (again guessing from the pictures and report)

---------------Mcgee------------
????--------????-----????-------???
---------Wanyama--Winks------
------????---Harrison---Chadli--
-------------Janssen-------------

Some of the players look like they got longer than 45, Mason for instance is in shots with Son and Harrison.

Back