• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

Lloris - 6

Walker - 7.5
Dawson - 7.5
Fryers - 6.5
Rose - 6

Lennon - 6
Dembele - 8
Paulinho - 7
Sigurdsson - 6
Chadli - 7

Soldado - 7

Yeh agreed altrough Dembele is not going to play that position imo.

I think he's capable, just needs belief. I think we're more likely to see paulinho there though. I actually really liked what I saw of him today, he's very good on the ball.

nice one touch passing, great link up play at times.

i dont remember much of that last season. In fact I do, at home to Everton. Funnily enough, we didnt have Bale then either.

but not 1 real chance created in 90 minutes.

Of course it's only pre season but it's annoying that we can do this when playing at the lane. Bale goes and we need to bring 2 players in...it's as simple as that imo.

BRVAl6sCAAEYKTj.jpg

but not 1 real chance created in 90 minutes.

Of course it's only pre season but it's annoying that we can do this when playing at the lane. Bale goes and we need to bring 2 players in...it's as simple as that imo.

you're not wrong. I just like to hope it's more to do with Paulinho, Soldado and Chadli not up to scratch with everyone else on our team yet. If Bale goes, I'll take Lamela and Pjanic :p

I think he's capable, just needs belief. I think we're more likely to see paulinho there though. I actually really liked what I saw of him today, he's very good on the ball.

I think Dembele, Sandro and Paulinho are players that do most their best work coming from a deeper position and driving forward. That's the problem we have, we only have Siggy that plays better starting from an advanced position. We're bringing in Capoue who looks the same. We don't have a single player that can unlock defences and is capable of picking a pass.

Hudd can pick a pass, now and then. But he's being sold. Carroll can pick a pass too, but he's been demoted to the u14s.

I think Dembele, Sandro and Paulinho are players that do most their best work coming from a deeper position and driving forward. That's the problem we have, we only have Siggy that plays better starting from an advanced position. We're bringing in Capoue who looks the same. We don't have a single player that can unlock defences and is capable of picking a pass.

I think Paulinho will surprise us all in that respect.

Holtby is the hope. He plays the ball early and usually picks the right pass (whether he can execute it correctly is the real question that needs answering though). The other option is to play two up top.

yep you might be right there ( i did notice a few times in the first half where he looked to play a quick ball into Soldado). I'm clinging onto this hope.

I think Mumorn is right here, Paulinho looks a really good player. I would also like to nominate Chadli as a potential "plays better from an advanced position" player.

We are not a great passing team. It has been our weakness for a while, pre AVB. There are spells in matches where we put it together, have good shape and keep the ball moving with crisp passing. But all too often our passing and team shape is not good enough. imo.

We have a team of dribblers and athletes, if we can develop to do the thing Spurs are famous for, pass and move, we'd be scary.

Back