• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

I'm happy with that. Got the new guys in, all looked good. Sandro and Kaboul on there slow climb back.

Vertonghen still to return, Capoue set to sign.

Typical home performance from us where we create diddly squat the whole game (like 99% of our home games last season).

It's only a friendly, but much improvement required when we play competitive fixtures. No cutting edge at all, and Paulinho doesn't appear to be the player I thought he was (and the type of player we need). We're going to be hard to beat from open play though.

Without Gareth Bale we are midtable team this season. Keeping him is the one thing that really matters from now until end of the transfer window. I just hope Daniel Levy realizes it [-o<

Really poor second half. Same problems as last season - no creativity. Too reliant on one or two players to do something special. I still can't see what formation we are trying to play. Certainly hope it is better next week.

Watched each half in different languages - Ingles en el primera, Spanish in the second. Learned that I support Esspuurs who play at Hwhy Dard Lane.

Would like to have seen a goal from open play for us, but saw some encouraging sights. Rose and Townsend both did their causes some good today. We were probably vulnerable to aerial play as I wouldn't expect either Dawson or Kaboul to be at their best going up for the ball.

Problem is that Espanyol did what most teams will do at the lane this season they sat back, sat deep, squeezed the space and got rough and committed niggly fouls - these games are tight so we can't afford to have a liability in the team giving away set pieces . I hope Naughton plays against palace over Rosé. We looked very solid other than Rose's fudge ups!

Anyone that posts negatively about todays game or the transfers we've brought in need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. What were you really expecting from a pre-season game with a bunch of new payers still getting used to each other and constant substitutions?

We looked really, really solid. We have a CF who can work the line upfront on his own, a succession of beasts in CM and some very talented youngsters in defense and on the wings. Oh, and we didn't have the 3rd best payer in the world on the pitch either. After 39 years of being a fan, I am falling for the trap of getting my hopes up about us genuinely challenging for the title this year...COYS!!!

Do you honestly think we can challenge for a CL spot without Gareth Bale. If you do, then you are more deluded than I thought anyone could be. We might finish as high as 6th, there aren't that many good teams in the league, but we won't be in the battle for top 4.

Anyone that posts negatively about todays game or the transfers we've brought in need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. What were you really expecting from a pre-season game with a bunch of new payers still getting used to each other and constant substitutions?

We looked really, really solid. We have a CF who can work the line upfront on his own, a succession of beasts in CM and some very talented youngsters in defense and on the wings. Oh, and we didn't have the 3rd best payer in the world on the pitch either. After 39 years of being a fan, I am falling for the trap of getting my hopes up about us genuinely challenging for the title this year...COYS!!!

=D>

I think there has to be trust that the management know what they're doing with a pre-season friendly. First time Soldado and Paulinho have played for us...etc, etc...

Do you honestly think we can challenge for a CL spot without Gareth Bale. If you do, then you are more deluded than I thought anyone could be. We might finish as high as 6th, there aren't that many good teams in the league, but we won't be in the battle for top 4.

:ross: you're excellent, never change.

:ross:

Back