• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Portsmouth nearing administration..again

paxtonwolf

John White
Portsmouth cannot afford to scan the injured calf of captain Liam Lawrence, manager Michael Appleton has revealed.
Pompey are expected to enter administration for the second time in three years on Friday, and money is so tight they are not able to assess Lawrence's injury.

It's not looking good for them again, actually looks to be in a worse state than the first time. I know i'm in the minority here, but I do feel for the fans. My best friend for last 30 years, was born in Portsmouth before moving up here as a teen, obviously a big Pompey fan, and I have been to a few games with him during their Pulis days.
But when you cant afford scans its starting to look really grim

My mate is also Pompey... Even tho he hates us 'cause we stole 'Arry. I feel sorry for them, so unlucky to be in this position and will be sad if they do fold. Were a good team in the prem till they sadly got relegated imo

As I was saying a while back on here, it seems like a long time ago they were planning to build a waterfront stadium...

309_ci_0704_063_night-crop.jpg

My mate is also Pompey... Even tho he hates us 'cause we stole 'Arry. I feel sorry for them, so unlucky to be in this position and will be sad if they do fold. Were a good team in the prem till they sadly got relegated imo
Stole? Does he know how football works?

dont like Pompey as a club, but i feel for any club that goes out of busines due to tossy owners
if you "do a Leeds" - tough, you deserve it.
but pompey have just had dingdonghead after dingdonghead

am i right in saying this adminsitration = demotion two divisions? (assuming they dont get liquidated)

I thought Pompey just spent more than they brought in, just like Leeds?

When Harry was there and they got Defoe Crouch Davis Mendes Kanu and about 20 other fairly expensive (for Portsmouth) players in terms of fees and wages and agent's fees... it all imploded as they were spending way beyond what they brought in with a small, cheap ground, not many corporates, not many fans etc etc?

I wouldn't wish it on any team, the fans are being punished for stuff that's out of their control. They were there before whatever mug has come in and fudged it up, and they are there after they leave. Besides, you never know what's round the corner for your own team

As I was saying a while back on here, it seems like a long time ago they were planning to build a waterfront stadium...

309_ci_0704_063_night-crop.jpg

About a 2 minute walk from me and you can see where that would have been built across the water from me. Would have been impressive but the figures never stacked up and if they had of built it they would have never been able to afford to keep up the payments on it look what happened to other clubs that built new grounds.

Back