• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

POLL - Thread merging - for or against?

How do you feel about the thread merging?

• I love it, we should have one thread called football where everything goes.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I hate it, no decent discussions happen on here any more.

Votes: 40 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dop the threads if you want. Within two weeks someone will have made it again.

So you end up back where you started anyway.

Perhaps it would be good to have a place to keep these recurring discussions then? That way people will still be allowed to discuss but the first page of SNV wouldn't be cluttered with the same old things.

Why are there so many mods anyway? One poster PMd me not too long ago asking this and I tend to agree.

I also disagree with the not 'going live' topic. Lol why not? It's not MI5 stuff just get it out in the open and move on. That's how I've always got on with things and its by far the best policy.

Why are there so many mods anyway? One poster PMd me not too long ago asking this and I tend to agree.

I also disagree with the not 'going live' topic. Lol why not? It's not MI5 stuff just get it out in the open and move on. That's how I've always got on with things and its by far the best policy.

Because they have lives and aren't here 24/7?

But the only reason those threads are still around is...........people still post in them!!!!!

Academy thread, 97 pages, over a year old. But still current and relative, and updated regularly

Stadium thread, 112 pages, over a year old. Same. not the busiest of threads, but important to most on here?

Other team's games, 480 pages, since August 2012. This was started afresh in August, and is supposed to be purely to discuss other teams games, like an OMT for everyone else

Arsenal thread, 167 pages, over a year old. Always a dangerous thread due to the original title. Would have no problem seeing this go

AVB, 251 pages, since July 2012. A valid thread, but the source of too much infighting and maybe should be locked and a new start made

Chelsea, 65 pages, since April 2012. Would rather not talk about this team much, but good for a laugh sometimes.

Harry, 89 pages, since June 2012. Even worse than the AVB thread. Really needs to be dropped now.

Bale, 125 pages, over a year old. Yes, could go. Anything new or relevant to the man could be re-posted as required

Trivia, 104, over a year old. No problem with this ongoing thread

Liverpool, 197 pages, 2 days shy of a year old.Tired and time to go

Lloris, 121 pages, since August 2012.No particular thoughts other than sad it has caused so many arguments. Think the original disagreements are long in the past now

Fixtures and tickets, 73 pages, over a year old. Useful at times

Defoe, 86 pages, over a year old. Same as the Bale thread

Agree with most of these. The combined threads have a place.

But as Milo has said in response to my earlier comments, there probably is not that merging going on now. There was in the past and the revised transfer subforum reflects the response to that, but the ball boy incident just brought back the memories.

Either way its good it gets discussed openly.

Because Roy, for the umpteenth time, more people on here DON'T want to have open rows with other posters in threads, nor be openly shouted down or abused even, than those who don't care, like yourself.
Just because you feel you have rhino-skin doesn't mean everyone is the same.

Because Roy, for the umpteenth time, more people on here DON'T want to have open rows with other posters in threads, nor be openly shouted down or abused even, than those who don't care, like yourself.
Just because you feel you have rhino-skin doesn't mean everyone is the same.

Abuse no but it does get pretty funny/boring/pathetic when people take offence to being called names on here. I'm very much of the opinion 'so what you think I'm a **** your probably right and I couldn't care less'

I know you lot have a thankless task and you can tell from how much time I spend here I love the forum and would genuinely be lost without it now.

Abuse no but it does get pretty funny/boring/pathetic when people take offence to being called names on here. I'm very much of the opinion 'so what you think I'm a **** your probably right and I couldn't care less'

I know you lot have a thankless task and you can tell from how much time I spend here I love the forum and would genuinely be lost without it now.

It's not about people taking offence. The reason we have and enforce the rules on personal abuse is because we want to encourage discussion and debate. When someone calls someone a name or is dismissive of someone rather than debate the subject, threads get taken off topic and animosity gets carried over into other threads.

As a general rule, I think that the people who dish out abuse have the least to say and are trying to compensate by making a big noise to draw attention to themselves.

Ok, this thread has become a little bit of a battleground sadly.

Let's try and resolve a few issues constructively, rather than destructively, shall we?

The mods have always stated we are happy to listen to proposals, ideas, suggestions. That is exactly why we have, at this time, the transfer sub-forum.
That was a direct result of the forum members desires. And I think it is fair to say, it's working pretty well.

This particular thread relates to supposed "mega-threads" and the merging of new threads into them.

So, without any malice or hidden agendas, would those interested state which particular threads they find an issue currently, and then make a suggestion as to how to deal with them.

For instance, threads like harry, AVB, Liverpool, etc.............shall we lock them and move them to classics, and let things start afresh?
Personally, I feel there will be complaints from some sections were we to do that, and I also fear that any newly created thread on similar subjects would end up going the same way, but that is just my personal thoughts.

So...............it's open to you guys. I guarantee the mod team will read and take on board all sensible suggestions.

It's time this forum stopped the bickering and worked towards the greater good (fudge me i feel like a communist writing that!!!!)

Go for it.

Apologies for my part in that. Excellent post Crawley.

My personal feelings are that the fact we are having this discussion is good as we genuinely care about engaging in decent conversation. I did miss the days of 100 page Giovani Dos Santos thread BEFORE he has even signed for us, but we have that back now.

I am probably of the opinion that perhaps the forum user base isn't large enough to warrant a separate transfer forum section but given time users will get used to his way. So it's a nice way of keeping it structured as it is.

I think there also needs to be some common sense too, I think if the subject is based purely on the one player then absolutely whether we are discussing his form, goals, injury, transfer request I think it makes sense to continue in the same thread. But if a poster starts a slightly different tactical debate with a view to it going in a different direction then perhaps we can let the new thread live a little and then if it becomes too similar to another it can be merged.

Re: POLL - Thread merging - for or against?
Originally Posted by onlyme
FFS how about the mods answering the questions raised by the proles rather than chatting among themselves?

This response maybe a little antangonistic but to be honest it seems very true. This poll has 70% of responders (i'm not worthy enough to vote by the way for some reason) clicking the "this is broken" option. I would have thought there would have been more interest in a discussion on
how to improve the site rather than just closing ranks with responses like "don't blame the mods". It's not about that!!

As I said earlier, how about an open discussion on trying to get the balance right? The evidence appears to be that casual users are feeling alienated. It really feels like a closed shop here.

#overcontrolled

No surprise that I agree. I was banned last night. I will give 100 points to anyone who can tell me what rule I broke.

Re: POLL - Thread merging - for or against?
Originally Posted by onlyme
FFS how about the mods answering the questions raised by the proles rather than chatting among themselves?

No surprise that I agree. I was banned last night. I will give 100 points to anyone who can tell me what rule I broke.

10. Complaints about an Admin's Actions

We as administrators are not perfect. However, if you feel that you have been harshly treated the public forums are not to be treated as your personal venting space to attack a single admin or the admin as a whole.

Complaints about an admin's actions should be PM'd to another admin who will decide what further action is required. If an administrator agrees that the action taken was unfair then the admin in question will be warned and a public apology issued. Continued unnecessary actions from the admin will result in a removal of admin status.

Probably this one.

100 points please

Evidence of an attack?

. I also am 100% against anyone asking questions about merging being threatened by the bouncers.

This is a chat site. Nobody dies from what is said on here or if they put a post in the wrong place. It has crashed many times and all the posts have been lost. So fudging what?

Respect is earned. I have asked simple questions and you have not answered. Why?

I think the part about not using the public forums as your personal venting space is covered here, don't you?

As far as I can see, even with disagreements, questions have indeed been answered. And i can't see two Ade threads.....although I have not looked past page 2, because there is nothing interesting back there, allegedly.

That is a lot of quotes taken out of context but not one of them is an attack on an individual or the group. They consistently ask for a reply to questions asked.
For clarity the questions are-why do some mods merge streams anonymously and without explanation? Why do some mods threaten action against people who ask the original question?
Statements about the futility of chat sites or life in general is an attack on mods?
And there are 2 threads about Ade. And nobody has explained why.

Well, I'm damned if I can see two threads on Ade within the first 4 pages.
Only this one http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?82-Adebayor can I see.

But, isn't that what people are looking for anyway? The right to create threads when a subject needs discussing?

And as for the merging business, why would the mods need to justify merging a thread when it is an obvious duplicate, or when a thread already exists that is better suited to that topic? Do you expect us to be at your beck and call 24/.7? The mods have been appointed to keep the forum running as smooth as possible, and to stop infringements of the rules laid down by the site owner. And we do that in our own time, not as a job.

Finally, if you read back through this thread, I think you will see that we are prepared to both listen and act, and many posters have no issue with how things run.

If we were being paid to do this, there may be some justification to your demands, but we're not, and we do not have to earn respect as you demanded earlier

Well, I'm damned if I can see two threads on Ade within the first 4 pages.
Only this one http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?82-Adebayor can I see.

But, isn't that what people are looking for anyway? The right to create threads when a subject needs discussing?

And as for the merging business, why would the mods need to justify merging a thread when it is an obvious duplicate, or when a thread already exists that is better suited to that topic? Do you expect us to be at your beck and call 24/.7? The mods have been appointed to keep the forum running as smooth as possible, and to stop infringements of the rules laid down by the site owner. And we do that in our own time, not as a job.

Finally, if you read back through this thread, I think you will see that we are prepared to both listen and act, and many posters have no issue with how things run.

If we were being paid to do this, there may be some justification to your demands, but we're not, and we do not have to earn respect as you demanded earlier

Thanks for your polite reply. I did not demand respect-another mod demanded respect from me.
I am sorry this is dragging on-I enjoy this site and just made what I considered to be not unreasonable suggestions. It is all minor stuff at the end of the day but 2 threads annoyed me recently. The "What has gone wrong with Ade" thread and the "Sneider " thread. One because nothing has gone wrong and the other because the name is spelt wrong.
I will bump both Ade threads and hopefully they can be merged.

Thanks for your polite reply. I did not demand respect-another mod demanded respect from me.
I am sorry this is dragging on-I enjoy this site and just made what I considered to be not unreasonable suggestions. It is all minor stuff at the end of the day but 2 threads annoyed me recently. The "What has gone wrong with Ade" thread and the "Sneider " thread. One because nothing has gone wrong and the other because the name is spelt wrong.
I will bump both Ade threads and hopefully they can be merged.

In which case, the next time, why not simply get to you point rather than all this 'bouncers' and 'declarations of mortality with regards to postings' piffleage?!

Well done, your eyes obviously work better than mine.

But by posting in both and bumping them from what, page 4?, we now have two threads that were dying a death back on page 1.
And if I merge them now, we get a ........wait for it.............mega-thread!!!

So what would your choice be?

Merge, or lock one down?

Back