• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

yeh true, but like i say no one wanted an end to immigration just control and even the photo and text, despite how it looks does not say otherwise. Neither does it say like Skinner said that we want to send people home....
I know a fair few who took control to mean end and send them back. Especially when paired with the message we missed immigration targets due to being in the EU.

I know a fair few who took control to mean end and send them back. Especially when paired with the message we missed immigration targets due to being in the EU.

Well that's silly on their part considering the target was not to send people back or stop immigration.

Well that's silly on their part considering the target was not to send people back or stop immigration.
Yes that's what I told them they listened to whoever was speaking their language, and saw what they they wanted to see. There was not one group in charge of what brexit would be.

You remember the news reports around that time there were many in the same boat

I'm not that well educated or hyper intelligent but I read about Brexit and saw the debates and posters and not once was it the intention to stop immigration or round people up and send them home, it was always about controlled process

I'm not that well educated or hyper intelligent but I read about Brexit and saw the debates and posters and not once was it the intention to stop immigration or round people up and send them home, it was always about controlled process
You're in Grays still? Was there no one around you voicing that opinion? I know when visiting family and friends in basildon it was probably the majority view, not idiots either just hearing the parts they wanted

You notice Boris mentions immigration only once in his piece? It's banded together with trade. What does that tell us?

Imo its that politicians with an agenda - his agenda is to get into power - use immigration to generate support. But they don't actually care like you do about immigration. It's just a cheap trick to get your support. When the Leave campaign got the voting analytics companies (Cambridge Analytica) to look at what would turn the vote - they found that immigration was the key to their success. And that the economy was their weakness. They had to make the vote about immigration and avoid the economy at all costs.

But the EU is first and foremost a customs union for trade, and the greatest impacts are economic. Immigration is just being used by a few politicians to get Brexit through. Breakdown the detail and Brexit will have very little impact on immigrantion into the UK even if we have a no EU deal Brexit. We could see more immigrants from further afield than Europe - Africa, Asia - but then more than half the recent immigration into the UK has been from outside the EU anyway.

Be wary of anyone offering up overnight solutions to complex issues.

Some people on the left can come over as poncified know-alls, but speaking for myself, I feel Labour represents working class people better now than it has done in my lifetime. They could definitely do better, but I definitely feel they are looking out for me and people like me.

I don't know anybody, on the left or the right, who thinks that Brexit = sending people back. Though, to be honest, how much faith do you have in the Home Office, in the event of a no-deal Brexit? We have seen British citizens deported with Windrush due to not having their paperwork in order. There must be loads of people from the EU living here who aren't paying attention to the details of Brexit and the steps they might need to take to ensure they have the correct documentation. Could be a problems down the road, and you can see why some EU migrants have either left or decided against coming here, due to the uncertainty.

Now, it's far, far from the truth that everyone who voted Brexit is a racist. I'm surprised that even bears repeating. Same for Trump voters across the pond. BUT...it's pretty certain that all racists voted for Brexit (or Trump). And there was x amount of dog-whistling to such voters, case in point Farage and his poster with loads of brown people behind him. Reasonable people who voted leave wouldn't be moved by that poster, but racists would. And that was the point of it.

I don't have a lot of time for him and couldn't give a toss what he thinks politically but his audience will contain a lot of people who voted leave. I think that it is an interesting indicator of where the momentum is, if he feels comfortable saying this.

And its why he should be told to shut his mouth.
If anyone is dumb enough to listen him sing or give political advice they should not be allowed to vote. No wonder the world is in the state its in.

Back