• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Re: European Elections, UKIP Tops British Polls

Nothing's changed. Only 30% voter turn out. UKIP would have made a huge effort to get their voters out, Tories and Labour would not have bothered. Nothing to see here.
what UKIP voters?...UKIP don't have any traditional voters.being a relatively new party .I was traditionally labor...I'll be voting for the first time UKIP.

Whomever is in government, I hope they look at alternatives to schooling in establishments. The current situation doesn't favour flexi-schooling and considers this as 'authorised absence' which the schools do not favour (due to the numbers they need to present). I understand the Scandinavians start schooling at a later age? Totally agree with this too. Home-schooling also needs to be supported a lot better.

I know it's difficult with parents working but if you are fortunate to have the flexibility to school your children, then why not?

Of course you can go down the private route (and they'd agree to flexi-schooling) but it is at a premium.
just a comment ..working class mothers never went to work when I was a kid.
I was mummy cuddled a bit...but I had more love in my life...

:ross:

I think you'll find most people in this country would put Blair and liar, or Blair and **** together before Blair and plenty of good stuff
yeah Tony Blair a...if ever there were kings of spin it was Blair...him and that other Lord so and so guy..can't think of his name..He borrowed all his money from friends to but his house instead of going to the bank to get a mortgage!
More spin from Blair about immigration...because he knows people are concerned ..BUT ALL THEY JUST WANT IS YOUR VOTE..
well you can fool some of the people some of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time ...but you cant fool all of the people all of time..and my vote wont be going to Labour...oh help me GHod mine eyes have seen the deceit!

If it wasn't for UKIP...it wouldn't even be on the agenda ..no way..

Sad to think that millions of people a week actually pay good money to purchase rabble-rousing rags like the Express and the Mail, helping demagogues like Farage to prey upon people' fears and prejudices about the EU whilst he earns a very comfortable living aboard the Brussels gravy train.

Although the politicians from the 3 main parties certainly do themselves no favours with their mealy-mouthed answers to every question they are posed.

I wonder if there is an equivalent site to http://expressbingo.org.uk/ for the Daily Fail' repetitive front page headlines...
Quote thats your oppinion...cant see Farrage calling anyone demagogues...Have you looked in the mirror lately..I mean the one that hangs on the wall in your home...not the one you read!

The unfortunate thing about democracy is that it has to be available to everyone - even the stupid.

If proof of intelligence were a prerequisite to voting then we may as well just form a Conservative government and abolish voting.
What is exactly Intelligence... Is it being able to go to Cambridge or Oxford Ok ..that helps..abit LOL..
bit in that case Maybe all of the Learnid classes may vote for who your voting for..The Intelligent Party..now thats
a good one..What a great election it would be if the Raving loony party had to contest against with The Intelligent Party..

what UKIP voters?...UKIP don't have any traditional voters.being a relatively new party .I was traditionally labor...I'll be voting for the first time UKIP.

But these UKIP candidates aren't even real people. Its all a tinkle take.

wayne_kerr_ukip.jpg

I'm currently on a trip to Great Yarmouth and it must be a UKIP constituency as there are posters everywhere. Not many things I disagree with in their manifesto either to be fair.

Quote thats your oppinion...cant see Farrage calling anyone demagogues...Have you looked in the mirror lately..I mean the one that hangs on the wall in your home...not the one you read!
Well of course Farage wouldn't describe his rivals as demagogues having spent his political career becoming the most famous rabble-rouser since (his idol) Enoch Powell... I'm not such a dapper looking fella like your beloved Nigel, so I prefer to spend my time reading the Mirror...

Robert Blay: UKIP suspends parliamentary candidate after he threatens to SHOOT Tory rival in shocking video - Mirror Online
A UKIP parliamentary candidate was dramatically suspended from the party tonight after Mirror investigators filmed him threatening to shoot his Tory rival.

Former bank accountant Blay, 55, who used to be a member of the Conservative Party, told our reporter that Jayawardena had been tipped to potentially be the country’s first British Asian Prime Minister.

And in a vile and shocking outburst, he raged: “If he is I will personally put a bullet between his eyes. If this lad turns up to be our Prime Minister I will personally put a bullet in him. That’s how strong I feel about it. I won’t have this f***** as our Prime Minister. I absolutely loathe him.”

Blay added: “His (Jayawardena’s) family have only been here since the Seventies. You are not British enough to be in our parliament. I’ve got 400 years of ancestry where I live. He hasn’t got that.

“I said to his dad about two months ago – ‘When did you come to Britain?’ He said ‘In the “Seventies’.”

“I said ‘Why did you come?’ He said ‘Things weren’t very good politically in Sri Lanka and I came here and I could train as an accountant’.”

“So he’s come here and ponced off us hasn’t he like all the East Europeans are? That’s what is happening. Continually.”

To my mind, UKIP membership is largely made up of 'Little Englanders', dis-satisfied right wing Tories, the politically naïve and BNP types. Unfortunately there seem to be a disportionate number of the latter category running as candidates.

UKIP voters all want one thing. For Britain to be Great again. I'm not so sure what Labour want maybe you can tell me or what you as a labour supporter wants. As for the tories I believe they've started repairing the mess made between 1997 and 2010 and the country will be in a better state in 2020 if they remain in power.

I did read some of the UKIP manifesto with an open mind but it just seemed to simplistic/black and white (I hear you say less black - joke :p). Admittedly that made it the easiest to read and perhaps digest - perhaps that's also why they are popular with some? Having read some of the other manifestos and spoken to people who are far more politically literate than me, it does appear that it is the grey matter that is the most important - what decisions will actually mean, the knock-on effects. I think that's why it's not been too easy for me to decide.

I will be voting however for someone who is a local and been brought up in the region they represent; that makes it a Tory or Labour vote. It's also been important talking to locals who have met and talked to the candidates.

Back