• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

PMQs were interesting today. I'll give Corbyn credit where it's due - he was as boring as expected but held his nerve well. That can't be easy on the first go, even if you do have to ask the PM to go easy on you in advance.

Intriguing move from beardy chops with the questions from the public angle. That way he gets to ask the PM for PMQs with less rhetoric and hyperbole but is then able to ask "the public's" questions which are full of rhetoric and hyperbole. It also means he can ask stupid questions with obvious answers without it appearing to be him that is asking a stupid question/unable to see the obvious answer.

Obviously didn't cause Cameron any problems and he batted everything away one-handed. Question of the day was from Nigel Dodds though - asked the PM to denounce John McDonnell's horrific (my word) beliefs about the IRA. Pretty much all of the chamber shamed McDonnell in unison - Corbyn just put his head down, found something very interesting on a bit of paper and tried not to look at the cameras. Interesting that he didn't join the chamber in condemning McDonnell's support of terrorists - does he agree with his shadow chancellor or is he betraying his own opinions to further his political career?

Last edited:
The fact that someone can make those comments about the IRA who bombed and killed in London and be elected in London just proves the stupidity of the great British public.
It is a disgrace that a political party in this country also keeps him in theirs ranks.

The fact that someone can make those comments about the IRA who bombed and killed in London and be elected in London just proves the stupidity of the great British public.
It is a disgrace that a political party in this country also keeps him in theirs ranks.

That has never been in doubt.

What a load of cobblers, anyone who gets concerned by this sort of thing is an imbecile, it's a fudgeing song.
Given the content of the song, I agree. Being a monarchist isn't a prerequisite. If it was about Britain and not The Queen/GHod etc, I'd think differently. Won't play well with the electorate though.

Could've done a comedy John Redwood impression, he's no fun Corbyn.

he's no fun Corbyn.
Now hang on a minute!

There's a lot of things you can accuse Corbyn of being - vegetarian, teetotal, Islingtonish (yes, that's a thing), a clam, childish, economically incompetent, a friend to terrorists, the kind of person who if he did own a car would drive in the outside lane at 65 and pull out in front of BMWs just to be a clam, etc.

But no fun is unfair. After all, every time I've opened a newspaper since Sunday I've been able to have a little chuckle at the his latest shadow cabinet appointment or some silly, student opinion he's spouted.

Now hang on a minute!

There's a lot of things you can accuse Corbyn of being - vegetarian, teetotal, Islingtonish (yes, that's a thing), a clam, childish, economically incompetent, a friend to terrorists, the kind of person who if he did own a car would drive in the outside lane at 65 and pull out in front of BMWs just to be a clam, etc.

But no fun is unfair. After all, every time I've opened a newspaper since Sunday I've been able to have a little chuckle at the his latest shadow cabinet appointment or some silly, student opinion he's spouted.

More fair minded comment from our resident un-hinged Tory. :eek:

CPQQhrCWUAAOLLC.jpg

I'm amazed at the surprise, that's pretty vanilla behaviour in those circles

just think what wasn't allowed into the book

Back