• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

If you let Conservative members write their manifesto they would be unelectable, the same is true of Labour.

Very true, but Cameron flip flops from one ideal to the next. Whatever Corbyn may be I think he will stick with what he says which is what a lot of voters want. Not his beliefs maybe but honesty and then been very little of that since Blair and followed by Cameron.

Very true, but Cameron flip flops from one ideal to the next. Whatever Corbyn may be I think he will stick with what he says which is what a lot of voters want. Not his beliefs maybe but honesty and then been very little of that since Blair and followed ever since.

I think that voters want that when it does not matter. When it comes to the crunch they will vote for the one that looks good on the telly and gives them easy answers.

If you let Conservative members write their manifesto they would be unelectable, the same is true of Labour.

It's not writing the manifesto exactly, but who the hell comes up with them anyway? Re. Labour, the last one didn't make them electable, who came up with that? If they'd have asked the members, they probably would have voted for a referendum on the EU at the very least. The members would have also elected David Miliband, for what that's worth.*

*edit -- in the leadership election that Ed Miliband won.

I think that voters want that when it does not matter. When it comes to the crunch they will vote for the one that looks good on the telly and gives them easy answers.

I would hope that the voters would not be that stupid in the future, but maybe I am asking for the impossible. A lot of Labour voters did not vote for the Cameron/Clegg/ Blair clone Burnham this time so who knows maybe the groundswell will get bigger.

I would hope that the voters would not be that stupid in the future, but maybe I am asking for the impossible. A lot of Labour voters did not vote for the Cameron/Clegg/ Blair clone Burnham this time so who knows maybe the groundswell will get bigger.

Well, I had no intention of joining any political party until Corbyn came along. But I paid my £3 and voted and now he's won, myself and my wife have both joined. Apparently, 28,000 people have joined since Saturday. Hopefully it will grow a lot more and more and more people can add their support for/against policies.

It may well all go to sh1t, but it's worth a go.

Very true, but Cameron flip flops from one ideal to the next. Whatever Corbyn may be I think he will stick with what he says which is what a lot of voters want. Not his beliefs maybe but honesty and then been very little of that since Blair and followed by Cameron.

I don't think that he will attract enough (or the right kind) of voters to win a general election. To stand a chance of that Labour need to win back swing voters from the Tories and he is the wrong candidate to do this.

Your staunch republican has already agreed to kneel before and kiss the hand of the Queen.

Sounds to me like his principles only matter if they don't get in the way of playing politics. Remind me how he differs from the rest?

Spectator blogs are in the habit of telling right wingers what they want to hear.
Of course, it's an opinion piece. The telling parts are the contents of the books.

Corbyn and his ilk simply didn't grow out of the student phase we all go through but grow out of when we get jobs.

I think that he is intentionally misrepresenting them and selectively quoting from them to make a point.
I've read a few of Watson's opinions in the last day or two and from what I've read, he hardly needs much misrepresentation to make him sound mentally unhinged.

Your staunch republican has already agreed to kneel before and kiss the hand of the Queen.

Sounds to me like his principles only matter if they don't get in the way of playing politics. Remind me how he differs from the rest?

You views on what is the right government for some are known to many on here so I would not try and remind you of anything, I would be wasting my breath.

I don't think that he will attract enough (or the right kind) of voters to win a general election. To stand a chance of that Labour need to win back swing voters from the Tories and he is the wrong candidate to do this.

Maybe as we have both agreed earlier only time will tell.

You views on what is the right government for some are known to many on here so I would not try and remind you of anything, I would be wasting my breath.
So you're only interested in debating your great red hope when he isn't being hypocritical?

You may find yourself very short on debating time if that's the case!

Back