• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

That's absolutely not true.

In any negotiation, both parties will be trying to get what's best for them. It doesn't matter whether no deal is worse for the UK or not, the EU doesn't want it, and will have to make an offer to stop it happening.

I agree that both parties will be trying to get what is best for them. But I'm arguing that the EU may well believe that, on balance, the impact of the alternative - the deal that the UK government is willing to accept - is worse than no-deal- because it destabilises the EU to the degree that it could lead to the destruction of the EU project, for example. And therefore is willing to tolerate or mitigate the impact of a no-deal. In which case no-deal is ineffective as leverage.

Reactions: DTA
I agree that both parties will be trying to get what is best for them. But I'm arguing that the EU may well believe that, on balance, the impact of the alternative - the deal that the UK government is willing to accept - is worse than no-deal- because it destabilises the EU to the degree that it could lead to the destruction of the EU project, for example. And therefore is willing to tolerate or mitigate the impact of a no-deal. In which case no-deal is ineffective as leverage.
That's possible. Recent statements from EU leaders would suggest that bending from their previous position is likely.

Another investment banker pretending to be a man of the people.

Essentially: I’m rich enough for Brexit not to fuk me, and I’ll probably make another mil or two on the currency fluctuations caused by Brexit...while the plebs suck on the real cost of it all.

How many billions have we spent on Brexit prep so far?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Varadkar and co may not be popular (its a strange coalition government) but recent Irish governments never are, and this ones ratings are primarily based on domestic issues (Housing, Healthcare, Infrastructure projects). Their approval rating would never have been 60%. Most Irish people, however, are happy with how Coveney and Varadkar are managing the comms regarding Brexit.

Its been strange, living in Ireland, while reading some of the stuff being put out by the likes of the Express, the Sun and the Telegraph. Its not really based on any reality over here.

Anyhoo, dont want to get too involved. Wish you all the best regardless of which way it goes, but just wanted to offer a little correction on the propaganda some of the UK papers are spewing at the moment.

Not long to go.

The evil EU doing its best to keep the gravy boat going along and refusing to negotiate (lovely modern liberal organisation) in the hope they can topple the government and stop us leaving.

Just 3 months and we can soon be free from the evil empire.

Still think it will never happen and the MPs and remainers will block it. Those same people will come talking to us in a years time telling us to put it all behind us, they will continue to patronize and accuse us of being racists. Never trust them.

It is time for a new kind of politics.

Out of the EU we can finally get the sort of government and country we want.

For me it would be a Corbyn type leader(think the Jewish thing might have done for him)

Someone of that ilk, who wants to be truly radical though.

Not long to go.

The evil EU doing its best to keep the gravy boat going along and refusing to negotiate (lovely modern liberal organisation) in the hope they can topple the government and stop us leaving.

Just 3 months and we can soon be free from the evil empire.

Still think it will never happen and the MPs and remainers will block it. Those same people will come talking to us in a years time telling us to put it all behind us, they will continue to patronize and accuse us of being racists. Never trust them.

It is time for a new kind of politics.

Out of the EU we can finally get the sort of government and country we want.

For me it would be a Corbyn type leader(think the Jewish thing might have done for him)

Someone of that ilk, who wants to be truly radical though.
Someone like this guy will work. He's from the house of lords I think.
roadwarrior9.jpg

Danish's post is interesting. It highlights that supporting Brexit (probably popularism too) is as much about a desire to shake things up, as it is a movement about specific issues. People want the stale politics to be deconstructed and rebuilt to actually do something (more). Which I whole heartedly agree with. But that has to be in the UK, by the UK, which we could do now, without imparing our ability to trade and cooperate with other close countries.

Danish's post is interesting. It highlights that supporting Brexit (probably popularism too) is as much about a desire to shake things up, as it is a movement about specific issues. People want the stale politics to be deconstructed and rebuilt to actually do something (more). Which I whole heartedly agree with. But that has to be in the UK, by the UK, which we could do now, without imparing our ability to trade and cooperate with other close countries.

Your a nice chap and I agree with parts of what you say but the take home message is the EU is evil.

The survey question "How satisfied are we with his dealings in relationship to Brexit" - there is no opinion on whether they think he should be more accommodating or less.
It's not possible for him to be less accommodating so there's only one possibility.

He needs to find an iron before he starts engaging in wholesale political change.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
He needs to find an iron before he starts engaging in wholesale political change.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
The dodgy polo, the couch itself, the cushions the wrong way around, the dodgy painting (probably of a spitfire), the crocked lamps....... argggghhhhhh.
Appeals to their voters though. 1974 kitsch. (Actually, does kitsch sound too central European?)

Back