• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Is Boris really the saviour of Ukraine? Not in my book but I keep hearing this as reason for him not to resign. The buffoon is literally mini trump.

He can be both things.

Has done well with Ukraine, as has UK and it should be noted that British weapons and by virtue of that British tax payers money has saved Ukraine from not existing. Though obviously it has been horrifically damaged.

But that does not excuse Johnson of his other mistakes and he should resign for his incompetence.

Should also be noted how much Britain has paid in the defence of Europe today. The Eastern European countries like Estonia and Poland get it. But the French and the Germans just want someone else to pay for it. Britain yet again has paid a massive cost to keep Europe safe. Something that is forgotten when trade deals are discussed.

He has repeatedly lied to Parliament. Never mind the law breaking, that is very clearly a resignation matter.

Would set a hell of a precedent though wouldn't it.

Imagine in a couple of years if every time a politician lied they had to resign. You would have a constant turnover of staff haha

He can be both things.

Has done well with Ukraine, as has UK and it should be noted that British weapons and by virtue of that British tax payers money has saved Ukraine from not existing. Though obviously it has been horrifically damaged.

But that does not excuse Johnson of his other mistakes and he should resign for his incompetence.

Should also be noted how much Britain has paid in the defence of Europe today. The Eastern European countries like Estonia and Poland get it. But the French and the Germans just want someone else to pay for it. Britain yet again has paid a massive cost to keep Europe safe. Something that is forgotten when trade deals are discussed.

Really? I agree the British tax payer has paid for the supply of arms but it's not like the Ukrainian army have "smote" the Russians. It feels like we are waging a proxy war in Ukraine against the Russians. Tbh I think it is rather a perverse view that britain has saved anyone especially as we see the pictures of ruined cities and see women and children being killed. We provided very little humanitarian aid, been in 2 minds about accepting refugees and if anything we keep ramping up the anti Putin rhetoric to make a cease fire less and less likely. The Tories are good at building a narrative even if it is a false one. Ukraine are long way from being saved and I doubt Boris will have much to do with it if they are.

Last edited:
There is more than one reason for the increase in their support I would say, but certainly, a more rounded policy platform makes them more palatable and widens their base. Their politicians are better at playing the game, and it also helps that the other main parties are not as popular for various reasons. They made some strategic errors in the last election by not running enough candidates but they won't make that mistake again. I could easily see them in some sort of ruling coallition next time out.

This is interesting from today’s Guardian. Suggests that a united Ireland is some way off, no matter how well Sinn Fein do at the ballot box. I doubt it will be in my lifetime, if ever.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/ng-interactive/2022/apr/12/what-a-sinn-fein-win-would-mean-northern-ireland-elections?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

This is interesting from today’s Guardian. Suggests that a united Ireland is some way off, no matter how well Sinn Fein do at the ballot box. I doubt it will be in my lifetime, if ever.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...hern-ireland-elections?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...hern-ireland-elections?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

So is this similar to the situation here where its not so much SF/SNP winning but the others all losing?
Labour, libdem and tories have all fudged up so royally that SNP is the least worst option for many.
They have little or no interest in indy buy no one else left go vote for.

Really? I agree the British tax payer has paid for the supply of arms but it's not like the Ukrainian army have "smote" the Russians. It feels like we are waging a proxy war in Ukraine against the Russians. Tbh I think it is rather a perverse view that britain has saved anyone especially as we see the pictures of ruined cities and see women and children being killed. We provided very little humanitarian aid, been in 2 minds about accepting refugees and if anything we keep ramping up the anti Putin rhetoric to make a cease fire less and less likely. The Tories are good at building a narrative even if it is a false one. Ukraine are long way from being saved and I doubt Boris will have much to do with it if they are.

Well Putin is evil so wagging a proxy war is fine. The guy is evil.

The British tax payer has spent a fortune. We might not have sent as much in aid but the weapons mean that Ukraine still exists. It has been brutally attacked without provocation by Russia, who should pay for the rebuilding.

I notice that some who hate the government can't give any praise when it does anything right.

Johnson should resign, have a criminal record as well. But on Ukraine he has done well. Does not excuse everything else, I rate him a 3 out of 10. No where near good enough to lead the Conservatives who themselves should not be in government.

He can be both things.

Imagine his replacement actually knows and cares about geo-politics and foreign policy though: https://news.sky.com/video/afghanistan-veteran-tom-tugendhats-powerful-speech-in-full-12384482

Well Putin is evil so wagging a proxy war is fine. The guy is evil.

The British tax payer has spent a fortune. We might not have sent as much in aid but the weapons mean that Ukraine still exists. It has been brutally attacked without provocation by Russia, who should pay for the rebuilding.

I notice that some who hate the government can't give any praise when it does anything right.

Johnson should resign, have a criminal record as well. But on Ukraine he has done well. Does not excuse everything else, I rate him a 3 out of 10. No where near good enough to lead the Conservatives who themselves should not be in government.
No. I give credit where credit is due. The only reason Ukraine still exists is not because of GB but because Putin hasnt razed all their cities to the ground as his missiles are perfectly capable of doing. If he decides that Ukraine shouldn't exist it won't. It looks to me he wants to annex the East of Ukraine which he will likely achieve.

Yeah. Might not be him but the military advisers but quite literally putin would be walking around Keiv if it was not for British weapons and he is the leader of Britain so he should take the praise as he gets the criticism when stuff goes wrong.

He’s had a lot to say but my feeling is there has been little action really.

Several Ukrainian cities have been razed to the ground; genocide has taken place; rape is being used as a weapon of war; tens of thousands of Ukrainians have died; 10 million people have been displaced; and Eastern Ukraine will soon be annexed in the same way that Crimea was.

Like every other European leader, Johnson has stood by and allowed this to happen.

Back