• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

No, it means when you are working your mum can pick up the kids from school. If you need to decorate the house your mates will help out. If you're too old to walk to the shops a neighbour will help out.

Nothing to do with benefits.

It's about people helping each other. Those too lazy to work soon find social networks cut.

You have lived a very naive sheltered life if you think that is it.

Sadly through people I have known from friends of friends and relatives of people I worked with on the building sites, the warehouse's I have supervised in, the pubs I have drank in. I just simply know many do not want to work.

Was a taxi driver in Chichester for 3 years, some of the older ones on here will remember me posting about that. I used to take claimants from their houses to the offices for their annual or 6 month review, because they were to ill to walk. Used to see them about town or playing with their kids in the park the rest of the time. The were literally hundreds around Chi and that apart from having @scaramanga living there is quite a nice area.

I'd never heard of this guy (David Skelton) but I think the article is spot on around the new version of snobbery, will try and give his new book a read - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58186519
Nothing wrong with snobbery, as long as its proper snobbery about manners, accents and understanding what cutlery to use when.

This new nonsense is quite wrong.

Last edited:
The Daily Mail and The Sun tell them who to vote for.

How many "working class" people do you know?

I do not know any that buy or read newspapers online. Do not know any that watch the news. Is why I say the tories lose when the economy tanks.

The oldies will leave them when they see the pension triple lock go and the benefit scum will leave them when they finally figure out the downside to inflation.

You have lived a very naive sheltered life if you think that is it.

Sadly through people I have known from friends of friends and relatives of people I worked with on the building sites, the warehouse's I have supervised in, the pubs I have drank in. I just simply know many do not want to work.

Was a taxi driver in Chichester for 3 years, some of the older ones on here will remember me posting about that. I used to take claimants from their houses to the offices for their annual or 6 month review, because they were to ill to walk. Used to see them about town or playing with their kids in the park the rest of the time. The were literally hundreds around Chi and that apart from having @scaramanga living there is quite a nice area.

Hate to break it to you mate, but a cabbie is considered "working class". Guess you are a benefit cheat and don't watch the news then?

Hate to break it to you mate, but a cabbie is considered "working class". Guess you are a benefit cheat and don't watch the news then?

Well I no longer do that, I retired early due to having made so much money. Went back to work part time out of sheer boredom. The money pushes me into middle class, the accent puts me lower middle class. The son at private school puts me into middle middle class. Leaving school at 16 puts me into working class but going to the theatre, holidaying in Italy and never having been in nandos puts me back in middle class.

I do read online newspapers. I am also better then everyone else just by virtue of being me.

Well I no longer do that, I retired early due to having made so much money. Went back to work part time out of sheer boredom. The money pushes me into middle class, the accent puts me lower middle class. The son at private school puts me into middle middle class. Leaving school at 16 puts me into working class but going to the theatre, holidaying in Italy and never having been in nandos puts me back in middle class.

I do read online newspapers. I am also better then everyone else just by virtue of being me.

Ofcourse, my mistake.

Many working class now vote tory because they don't like the benefit cheats. Among a host of other reasons. There is a massive feeling of unfairness in the whole system and labour keep shooting themselves in the foot.

The flight to jamaica being stopped is a major example. People feel they are on the side of criminals over victims. Because of the colour of their skin.

Ofcourse, my mistake.

Many working class now vote tory because they don't like the benefit cheats. Among a host of other reasons. There is a massive feeling of unfairness in the whole system and labour keep shooting themselves in the foot.

The flight to jamaica being stopped is a major example. People feel they are on the side of criminals over victims. Because of the colour of their skin.

Labour do seem to spend an unduly large amount of time on obscure issues. I live near Brighton and see that a lot, also the green party with my love of the sea and the countryside I should love. But I hate them and Lucas is the worst politician in the country by far.

How many "working class" people do you know?

I do not know any that buy or read newspapers online. Do not know any that watch the news. Is why I say the tories lose when the economy tanks.

The oldies will leave them when they see the pension triple lock go and the benefit scum will leave them when they finally figure out the downside to inflation.

My parents. Me for my early years.

But as a data point Labour won when the Sun supported Blair. Its just a fact. Not a slur.

I would imagine that a fair chunk are voting Conservative as a protest vote because Labour are clearly not listening to the their core voters anymore.
People generally want to aspire and achieve and Labour seems to be running scared of such ideas.
I loathed blair and seen the charlatan that he was even before he was elected, but he tapped into the feeling of the country and exploited it to max, mainly for his gain.
Labour need to get back to that, but without the odious smary git leader.
A semi decent chancellor would help, not another idiot like brown.

Ofcourse, my mistake.

As opposed to tax cheats and Tory donating spivs, who are on the teat of huge cash hand outs from their Tory government mates.

It’s pretty widely acknowledged that the world banking system would likely have collapsed in 2008 without Brown’s leadership of the situation.

Not bad work for an ‘idiot’.

I don't recall blaming brown for the world banking collapse.
He did leave us unnecessarily exposed to it though, despite his "end of boom and bust" speech.
When the economy was booming he did plan or save for a dip, despite loads of signing saying it was coming.

I don't recall blaming brown for the world banking collapse.
He did leave us unnecessarily exposed to it though, despite his "end of boom and bust" speech.
When the economy was booming he did plan or save for a dip, despite loads of signing saying it was coming.

I didn’t say you did blame him for it. You called him an idiot, though, and his actions in 2008 suggest he is anything but.

No major economy was prepared for the unravelling - and the speed at which it occurred - in 2008.

What I don’t understand is why the less educated vote for Conservatives. Why isn’t there an understanding that their creation and perpetuation is based upon conserving the wealth for themselves (the highly educated).

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The conservatives realised ages ago that people vote on emotions rather than facts now. That combined with people generally getting their news from social media and mates than the traditional places means most people are only exposed to one side and I don't see that changing anytime soon with more and more news places coming under paywalls and people wanting to read headlines rather than stories.

The conservatives realised ages ago that people vote on emotions rather than facts now. That combined with people generally getting their news from social media and mates than the traditional places means most people are only exposed to one side and I don't see that changing anytime soon with more and more news places coming under paywalls and people wanting to read headlines rather than stories.

Put it down to that. People being too stupid to know what's good for them. But you are somehow enlightened and can see the truth. Been doing it for years and labour will keep losing.

Hell forbid that people might have real issues and problems. That acknowledging and addressing them might see labour win. But no. As that book says there is snobbery when it comes to politics these days. So crack on. I'm out. Enjoy your echo chamber, pat each other on the back, slag off the tories and ignorant plebs. And lose the election.

The Telegraph reporting that in setting up a vaccine super factory has gone so well we have started sending them over to those terrorists in the European Union.

This government can get nothing right. What about the poorer parts of the world?

Fcuk off Boris.

Back