• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

That crowd of people reads The Times, you are insignificant in terms of the electorate. A lot of people in our echo chambers are minded like you as we are middle class and well to do. But we just don't represent the masses.
The masses will vote for whomever they are told to by the Sun and the Mail.

Labour have won them both over before, they won't do again without something a lot more solidly centrist.

I think if the party went down the Blair route (but with someone a lot less spendy than the one-eyed pension monster in 11) they'd see some success again.

There are a lot of people like me who want to vote for a party that is economically right wing but socially further to the left. We have to vote Conservative because to do otherwise would be ridiculous. A centrist alternative would win a lot of votes.

Haven't you just described the LibDems, or at least their Orange Book tendency? It's Blairites who are properly politically homeless these days.

Haven't you just described the LibDems, or at least their Orange Book tendency? It's Blairites who are properly politically homeless these days.
An Orange Book LibDems would be absolutely perfect.

Unfortunately they appear to have locked themselves in battle with the Greens for the 17 students that actually vote in this country.

My MP is Ed Davey and the Lib Dems run the council, services here are absolutely terrible and it feels like most people cant stand their sneery attitude towards constituents when they try and reach out to their local councillors.

It's the easiest thing in the world to spend other people's money.

He could have funded the whole scheme himself and not cost me a penny. That would have been the non-clam thing to do.

The non-clam thing to do is to recognize that as a supposedly civilized society, this was a MINIMUM transaction.

The BBC ignored it on their 5.00pm bulletin.

What a surprise.

The genie is out of the bottle, though. Let’s hope it starts a trend.

What genie? That Boris is a liar.

Like Bliar before him it won't be the lie that will get him. The public don't care he is a liar or they would have given him a kicking at the local elections.

Boris will be kicked out by the party, the tories have enough thirsty for power lining up to be PM.

Well said Dawn Butler.
Interested to see a) how much coverage this gets and b) the reaction from Starmer's office.

Starmer and labours problem is not positioning - left or right. It’s a publicity problem. He doesn’t capture attention or interest. Posted on here that he could do worse than be involved in some benign sex scandal or something interesting. Or pull a stunt like this MP has to shake things up and command attention. Anything to at least allow people to get to know him and put himself on the map.

Starmer is ok, but the party around him are not savvy. He more than most needs good council and a campaign manager. Someone like Cummings who can make him relevant and pitch things to hook people’s interest.

Labour are still trying to ply the old game. Boris shows that it doesn’t matter what you say so long as you entertain and capture attention.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Starmer and labours problem is not positioning - left or right. It’s a publicity problem. He doesn’t capture attention or interest. Posted on here that he could do worse than be involved in some benign sex scandal or something interesting. Or pull a stunt like this MP has to shake things up and command attention. Anything to at least allow people to get to know him and put himself on the map.

Starmer is ok, but the party around him are not savvy. He more than most needs good council and a campaign manager. Someone like Cummings who can make him relevant and pitch things to hook people’s interest.

Labour are still trying to ply the old game. Boris shows that it doesn’t matter what you say so long as you entertain and capture attention.

Doesn't really help when the 'Free Press' are literally just allowing the Govt to be this useless without holding them to account. Even Cummings said that Boris does have a boss and it is the Daily Telegraph.

What genie? That Boris is a liar.

Like Bliar before him it won't be the lie that will get him. The public don't care he is a liar or they would have given him a kicking at the local elections.

Boris will be kicked out by the party, the tories have enough thirsty for power lining up to be PM.

It’s no revelation to anyone that he is a liar. It’s unusual for it to be said openly in Parliament, though - and I’m hoping that a few more may start to call him out in this very clear way, including Starmer (though I doubt he has the balls).

It’s a worrying state of affairs for democracy when the liar can lie with impunity in response to almost every Parliamentary question, while those who call them out are ordered to leave the House.

Not a fan of Dawn Butler but I agree completely with you, and with her, on this. There’s not a lot you can do in opposition. A row about whether it’s okay to call a known liar a liar, even if it ends with the whole PLP banned from the Commons, would cut through. Even the very unengaged would note that Boris might be untrustworthy.

Not a fan of Dawn Butler but I agree completely with you, and with her, on this. There’s not a lot you can do in opposition. A row about whether it’s okay to call a known liar a liar, even if it ends with the whole PLP banned from the Commons, would cut through. Even the very unengaged would note that Boris might be untrustworthy.

Its a bigger problem than that, people know he’s a lying bastard, they just don’t care, lying has been normalised, tribalism has taken over, being on the winning side matters more than the value of the prize that’s been won.

It’s no revelation to anyone that he is a liar. It’s unusual for it to be said openly in Parliament, though - and I’m hoping that a few more may start to call him out in this very clear way, including Starmer (though I doubt he has the balls).

It’s a worrying state of affairs for democracy when the liar can lie with impunity in response to almost every Parliamentary question, while those who call them out are ordered to leave the House.

Yeah I get the thing about ordering someone to leave the house as wrong.

Starmer will tread lightly because if he accuses him of being a liar (he obviously is) then Starmer knows when he becomes PM if he tells the house anything that turns out not to be true he puts himself in trouble.

It is why the tories never went after bliar for war crimes. For fear of it being done to them in the future.

Don't disagree that Johnson is a disagreeable and poor leader and a liar. But in todays climate you have to have absolute proof before making claims.

Its a bigger problem than that, people know he’s a lying bastard, they just don’t care, lying has been normalised, tribalism has taken over, being on the winning side matters more than the value of the prize that’s been won.

Like Trump across the pond it does not effect his poll rating and I find it very very odd.

Back