• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Let's be fair, the govt hedged bets on Vaccine orders and didn't do a bad job. The AZ one will come through and we have a 100 million at cost price.

As long as the safety profile for the AZ one is good, efficacy at anything over 60% means we should jump all over it, especially if the vulnerable are getting the Pfizer one anyway.

Personally I have some confidence in the rollout. And we can all hope for a normal summer

A few itks saying a deal has been done.

Would be good if the people could ratify the deal. The first vote was advisory, now we will - really for the first time - be able to see what leaving the EU means for day to day trade.

There is still a lot left to figure out. How the UK moves forward with other nations trying to stimulate trade. It is a kind of exciting time. Clearly what we lose is greater than what we gain from Brexit. But it is change, and with change comes opportunity and the chance to refresh. I feel like our government has been in limbo for 4 years. Not just May/Boris etc but the various departments who have not been doing anything major in this period, just holding tight, preparing for brexit. Now at least, the country should be able to move forward.

The effect on London could still be quite profound over the longer term. It might well be a nicer city to live in. Be less expensive. Who knows? It won't be such an international hub as it has been. Don't get me wrong we'll still be a huge capital, just over time, there will be some stasis where there was growth.

Happy Brexit Day all. Hope Boris comes down your chimney with a sack full of unicorns and bendy bananas.

A whole 4 years and untold millions wasted all because of Tory infighting in their ranks, let’s change the lives of 67m people to resolve their problems. and the end result will be the ERG etc still won’t be happy with the deal.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Happy Brexit Day all. Hope Boris comes down your chimney with a sack full of unicorns and bendy bananas.

A whole 4 years and untold millions wasted all because of Tory infighting in their ranks, let’s change the lives of 67m people to resolve their problems. and the end result will be the ERG etc still won’t be happy with the deal.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I’m just looking forward to him spinning as a victory a deal worse than the one May had. And announced late on Christmas Eve to avoid scrutiny.

Regardless of whatever Boris is saying now, the devil will of course be in the detail of the agreement text which isn't available yet.
But it's good news that a deal has finally been reached, even if not encompassing everything we had before, such as services.

Back