• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Come up with technological advances to stop polluting the planet and i will listen to you, otherwise not interested.

the youth-led worldwide climate movement has been nothing short of miraculous in terms of its effectiveness in shifting climate policy positions and debate.

People won't stop flying, people won't stop driving. They won't stop wanting the food they want, regardless of season and they won't stop buying items manufactured from all over the world.

What they will do is seamlessly switch to greener alternatives once technology has moved enough to allow it.

Same with BLM, we would not be talking about these things if they didn’t cause a stir. We are not interested in the mundane and polite. It is not newsworthy. We wouldn't be talking about technological advances, youth-led movements, challenges to environmentalism now was it not for them doing something people find outrageous. Buying adverts to raise awareness would cost a fortune and do less.

Last edited:
Same with BLM, we would not be talking about these things if they did cause a stir. We are not interested in the mundane and polite. It is not newsworthy. We wouldn't be talking about technological advances, youth-led movements, challenges to environmentalism now was it not for them doing something people find outrageous. Buying adverts to raise awareness would cost a fortune and do less.

Apart from my adopted home town of Brighton the greens do awfully at elections. So the issues raised are discussed on a forum, not a massive achievement, but are not really backed by the electorate accept in very odd places like Brighton.

Apart from my adopted home town of Brighton the greens do awfully at elections. So the issues raised are discussed on a forum, not a massive achievement, but are not really backed by the electorate accept in very odd places like Brighton.

There’s the challenge. When people have tried and largely failed at using the normal polite routes, you have to do something different. It’s not a solution in itself but it’s a start, many other things need to follow.

We’re so rich and technically advanced if humans put their minds to it, we could clean up pollutants and enhance our own health. If we have the ability and resources, what will it take to shake people up and push changes through to help your grandkids?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I see Extinction Rebellion blockaded printers to stop newspapers getting out (chiefly right leaning ones), absolutely outrageous trying to curtail free speech. I guess they aren't technically a left organisation being mainly funded by a hedge fund but I'd wager many members are left leaning - my main problem with the left is they're always trying to tell people how to think and act, bringing people down telling them they can't do things. Couple of Labour MPs supported it and deleted their tweets too after HQ silenced them.
Look like the same middle class demographic who used to worship Corbyn

There’s the challenge. When people have tried and largely failed at using the normal polite routes, you have to do something different. It’s not a solution in itself but it’s a start, many other things need to follow.

We’re so rich and technically advanced if humans put their minds to it, we could clean up pollutants and enhance our own health. If we have the ability and resources, what will it take to shake people up and push changes through to help your grandkids?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Protests work. And more power to them I say.

We are technically advanced to the point where we don't need any new ideas or solutions. That is not the issue. Every solution we need is there on the shelf if we want it. Our real problem is political will and social momentum. We won't engineer our way out of the current consume/discard lifestyle. This is something that we'll all have to change, or alternatively we will have to accept the consequences of in own lifetime (grandkids is beyond optimistic).

Last edited:
Depressingly so. Imagine it's remainers fault whatever though, not believing in Britain enough etc...
I can't decide if it bluster, incompetence, or malevolence. If I was to guess I'd say Bojo is setting the stage to make whatever brick deal they come up with in the next month look like a negotiated win. It won't be of course, but most don't look past the headline.

Brexit is so boring, but also so vital. It can (has) wiped billions off the value of the UK. It will determine our trade direction, and how the world sees the UK. At the moment we're in danger of looking like a Banana Republic that doesn't abide by international law - we made an agreement on Ireland a year ago, which we may be about to break. That was the story the FT broke. Now Boris might U-turn. The amount he U-turns he'll end up in a spin of blond quiff blur.

We were told Brexit would be simple and easy, with the bonus that we will control borders and immigration. We were told we wouldn't lose out on any trade, in fact, we'd be better off. Has there been an example of worse political mis-selling?

Brexit is so boring, but also so vital. It can (has) wiped billions off the value of the UK. It will determine our trade direction, and how the world sees the UK. At the moment we're in danger of looking like a Banana Republic that doesn't abide by international law - we made an agreement on Ireland a year ago, which we may be about to break. That was the story the FT broke. Now Boris might U-turn. The amount he U-turns he'll end up in a spin of blond quiff blur.

We were told Brexit would be simple and easy, with the bonus that we will control borders and immigration. We were told we wouldn't lose out on any trade, in fact, we'd be better off. Has there been an example of worse political mis-selling?
The agreement was only for the negotiation period.

At the end of that period we have no further liability there unless the EU wishes to negotiate a reason for us to have one.

When the public feel the sting will they blame Covid? We need to be clear that Covid has impacted similar sized economies across the world but my fear is the Britain will get duped by the Tory PR machine. Just ramp up videos of some immigrants on dinghies and distraction done. Or am I doing a disservice to working class Tories?

Back