• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

players in match fixing scandall

The mafia controls everything in Italy - hardly surprising, really. Probably a lot more brick going on that hasn't been discovered.

Conte's arrest is completely to do with his time at Siena, not Juve. So I doubt it'll harm them.

The mafia controls everything in Italy - hardly surprising, really. Probably a lot more brick going on that hasn't been discovered.

The Siena one involved Bosnian criminals and Siena Ultras. No mafia involved. Its easy to jump to conclusions.
The reality is Italy the black economy is normal. Bribery and corruption are normal. So for this then to turn up in football isn't that strange. Players would be more likely to take a bribe as its not that strange in other walks of life in Italy.

@nicolethfc
"Breaking news: if Juventus are found match fixing, Tottenham will get their champions league place back"

Not going to happen.
Juve won't get caught match fixing again.
If they were, CL place would go to next Italian team.

Forget the clutching at straws, Livermore and Sandro gonna boss the Europa next season, and by 2013/14 will be ready to run the Tottenham midfield in the Champions League.

As I've said before we should play the kids/reserves in Europa League. The one benefit of not being in the CL is not having the distraction and fatigue. That is one of the things we got right last season.

@nicolethfc
"Breaking news: if Juventus are found match fixing, Tottenham will get their champions league place back"

LoL, no.

As I've said before we should play the kids/reserves in Europa League. The one benefit of not being in the CL is not having the distraction and fatigue. That is one of the things we got right last season.

Play a mix of first team and reserve/youth. Protect the first team from any particularly long trips abroad and try to do enough to qualify for the knockouts.

Then it depends how we're doing in the other cups to how i say we would proceed, and on who we draw in the knockouts..

Back to the real world if Italian team were banned from europe then all the countries with lower coefficient would move up UEFA table and the thing would be rejigged. Russia would get an extra CL spot Russia, Cyprus and mostly likely Israel would get extra Champion's League spots. Don't for second waste your time thinking Uefa will be bending rules for Tottenham Hotspur.

If all Italian teams were banned from European competition, and extra places given to other countries, surely Switzerland would get an extra CL spot (as the highest ranked country where only the league champions have entry to the CL)? But for next season, rather than giving extra places, I think it would be more likely that teams would be moved up from earlier qualifying rounds so that fewer teams were eliminated during those rounds.

However, I doubt that Italian teams will be excluded en masse. If there are any punishments they would be against individual clubs and the European places would go to the next Italian team.

Most of today's players are greedy and only think about money. They will do all they can to earn extra money, even it it means fixing matches. It is so common in Asia. More than 100 players were banned in Malaysia in 1990s but there are still many cases of match fixing today. Just can't see this being stopped.

Back