• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Just off the top of my head in 2008 there was one period where we had Jenas, Woodgate, King, Corluka, Bale and Hutton out at the same time. We were injury ravaged that season, I can't remember all of the specific time based I juries but I remember Arsenal fans used to always cry about injuries and we had even more but it was never reported on. Same season at one point we had 11 injured at the same time.
For best part of half a season? Don’t think so mate…

You thought we’d fix that in one window? I didn’t but maybe I’m too much of a realist?
Not sure where you saw me say I thought we'd fix in one window? I'm simply stating that yes the number of players in the squad wasn't an issue, but the quality of the players available was and would be.

How many injuries?

I’ll wait….

Who were we missing tonight realistically from our best eleven, 4 players through injury?

Romero, VDV, Maddison, Bentancur.

Everyone else was pretty much first choice imo, or in due to a self inflicted suspension. It’s overblown.

We were crap tonight because Son and Kulu were crap.

For best part of half a season? Don’t think so mate…
We haven't had these problems for half a season now either have we. Our injury problems actually affecting a wider portion of the team started from Cheslea 8 matches ago.

Honestly I'm just saying we've had injury ravaged seasons previously. Not for quite a while but yes we've had similar numbers in the past.

Who were we missing tonight realistically from our best eleven, 4 players through injury?

Everyone else was pretty much first choice imo, or in due to a self inflicted suspension. It’s overblown.

not just one game is it though mate? That’s kinda the point. If you have a squad of 22-24 and 8 or do are out for most of the season then it has a knock on affect all round.

We haven't had these problems for half a season now either have we. Our injury problems actually affecting a wider portion of the team started from Cheslea 8 matches ago.

Honestly I'm just saying we've had injury ravaged seasons previously. Not for quite a while but yes we've had similar numbers in the past.

I’d argue the stupid self inflicted suspensions have been more of an issue.

Romero in particular.

not just one game is it though mate? That’s kinda the point. If you have a squad of 22-24 and 8 or do are out for most of the season then it has a knock on affect all round.

But it’s not been 8 first choice players for most of the season, it’s been VDV, Maddison and suspensions.

Yes Bentancur too, but we were doing fine without him with Biss and Sarr for the first 10 games.

It’s far from ideal, but it’s not been an injury crisis for the ages, and we can’t complain too much about no CB’s when we leave such an experienced one on the bench.

Half our season so far.

I don’t think we have had it this bad previously, I just think the squads historically have been worse so maybe you felt it was. I Know we had the Anderton, Redknapp, Davies days but that was long injuries to key players. Not multiple injuries at the same time everywhere.

But it’s not been 8 first choice players for most of the season, it’s been VDV, Maddison and suspensions.

Yes Bentancur too, but we were doing fine without him with Biss and Sarr for the first 10 games.

It’s far from ideal, but it’s not been an injury crisis for the ages, and we can’t complain too much about no CB’s when we leave such an experienced one on the bench.
Mate I don’t know what to say then, we clearly disagree and if you can’t come up with an example of a period of time with a similar injury crisis…..

Mate I don’t know what to say then, we clearly disagree and if you can’t come up with an example of a period of time with a similar injury crisis…..

I already did, we got far enough down the depth chart to play Fenn and Allen up front at OT, which means both you and I were not available either.

Ha!
The spine of the team? No left-wing option (we lost Perisic early doors plus Soloman). No Bissouma. We struggled today because our game relies on skillful distribution via the CBs and our #6.
FIVE starters missing tonight and not the quality to replace them adequetely is what cost us.

Just off the top of my head in 2008 there was one period where we had Jenas, Woodgate, King, Corluka, Bale and Hutton out at the same time. We were injury ravaged that season, I can't remember all of the specific time based I juries but I remember Arsenal fans used to always cry about injuries and we had even more but it was never reported on. Same season at one point we had 11 injured at the same time.

In fairness, only Ledders and Woodgate were of anything close to similar importance for us that season. Maybe Charlie. Bale was still having to teach Harry not to try and sell him, JJ was not exactly running the team, and Hutton was replaceable. The context is very different.

Back