• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Really can't see what he offers the team apart from pointing and shouting.
There was one point in the first half where he had tried a 10 yard forward pass to Kane and somehow hit it 50 yards, straight to their keeper. Couldn't quite believe it

There was one point in the first half where he had tried a 10 yard forward pass to Kane and somehow hit it 50 yards, straight to their keeper. Couldn't quite believe it

I could, he's been crap for ages.

Out of the 4 current CMs, if we add Sarr and a decent CM this summer, then PEH is clearly the one to leave IMO

He's be better off slowing down and trying to compose himself a bit, rather than running around like a headless chicken and acting like a mad man

what's frustrating is that we know PEH can do it, he's had some lovely assists and goals in his time here, he just can't concentrate

we never fix anyone do we, the performance level never sticks

the sooner we replace humans with robots the better

I can believe why Pep let him leave Bayern.

He would be fine as a squad player but no more.

what's frustrating is that we know PEH can do it, he's had some lovely assists and goals in his time here, he just can't concentrate

we never fix anyone do we, the performance level never sticks

the sooner we replace humans with robots the better
He cannot do it in 2 games in a Week
He ends up treading water and just losing his man or passing the ball so erratically

He’s not as good as he wants to be. It’s why he left Bayern and ended up at Southampton. He was abysmal tonight so maybe needs a stint on the sideline. He’s played a lot of football so may need a rest and a reality check.

I do still hope he can be a player for us but he risks becoming another palacios if he doesn’t up his game.

He’s not as good as he wants to be. It’s why he left Bayern and ended up at Southampton. He was abysmal tonight so maybe needs a stint on the sideline. He’s played a lot of football so may need a rest and a reality check.

I do still hope he can be a player for us but he risks becoming another palacios if he doesn’t up his game.
He is just like palacios
Shines in a team that’s poor as he is very effective at covering for his errors.
His passing is erratic and poorly executed a lot
He cannot play games in quick succession as he just can’t run second game round

We really need to give PEH a break out of the first 11. The guy is close to 100% game time since he joined. Cant believe we are so weak that Conte feels the need to play him every time, when he clearly is out of form and has been for some time now. I say out of form and not a bad player, because he played very well last season and a small part of this one. Bentancur needs to step up a lot sooner than expected, maybe even în the next match as a starter.

I said back in November that he needs to be benched. The question of course will be "who replaces him?" but at this rate, might as well throw Devine in there if everyone else is unavailable. Now post-transfer-window, we have Bentancur who seems to be the one to play in that position.
I don't want to throw PEH completely under the bus because as others have already mentioned, he has had some decent performances but there was no reason for him to be starting every game. Rotation is vital (why teams like City can run away with the league: strength in depth) and it never seemed like our managers were comfortable dipping into the squad at the right moments.

It is clear as day that any 2 of our players will struggle to cover the ground.

We need 3 in there, to get a foothold in the game.

We have the luxury of 3 strikers jogging around and "trying" to close down... we can't afford that luxury.

Any 3 of our midfielders would form a good unit, but playing as a 2 is beyond any 2 of them.

It is clear as day that any 2 of our players will struggle to cover the ground.

We need 3 in there, to get a foothold in the game.

We have the luxury of 3 strikers jogging around and "trying" to close down... we can't afford that luxury.

Any 3 of our midfielders would form a good unit, but playing as a 2 is beyond any 2 of them.

I agree.

3-5-2

Lloris

Romero
Dier
Davies

Doherty
Winks
Bentancour
Skipp (or PEH)
Reggie (or Sess)

Kane
Son

That team has balance and would be very strong. If you want to make one of those midfield three attacking, Moura for Winks albeit I believe Winks in a slightly advance position has a great quick pass in him.

Reactions: DTA
I agree.

3-5-2

Lloris

Romero
Dier
Davies

Doherty
Winks
Bentancour
Skipp (or PEH)
Reggie (or Sess)

Kane
Son

That team has balance and would be very strong. If you want to make one of those midfield three attacking, Moura for Winks albeit I believe Winks in a slightly advance position has a great quick pass in him.

Lacks a bit of balance going forward. Two strikers and two wrong backs attacking (one of them a bit limited on the ball). You need at least one of the midfielders to be able to really join into the attack in the finsk third.

As Kulusevski settles in he might give us that option, otherwise I think it leaves us a bit unbalanced in attack.

Question of priorities and compromises. Can see why Conte has gone for a more counter attacking front three often so far. But would like to see us with a midfield three more often. When we fail to launch counter attacks and opponents press well we do really struggle with the midfield pair.

Not a lot of teams press like Southampton did in that first half mind.

I agree.

3-5-2

Lloris

Romero
Dier
Davies

Doherty
Winks
Bentancour
Skipp (or PEH)
Reggie (or Sess)

Kane
Son

I’d have sessegnon starting. The guy can finish chances and despite much less game time for us has the same amount of goals as Reggie

Lacks a bit of balance going forward. Two strikers and two wrong backs attacking (one of them a bit limited on the ball). You need at least one of the midfielders to be able to really join into the attack in the finsk third.

As Kulusevski settles in he might give us that option, otherwise I think it leaves us a bit unbalanced in attack.

Question of priorities and compromises. Can see why Conte has gone for a more counter attacking front three often so far. But would like to see us with a midfield three more often. When we fail to launch counter attacks and opponents press well we do really struggle with the midfield pair.

Not a lot of teams press like Southampton did in that first half mind.

In which case maybe Skipp can sit and Bentancour can join...he has a shot on him for sure.

Back