• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

I was harsh on him based on Southampton form, he was headless early games for us but seems we are tapping into his ability as in sit deep and cover and pass....for that he is good....

If this continues I will be happy to say I'm wrong

But let's not call him Modric, Modric was one of the top 3 or 4 players in world
I don't agree that he was headless, but if just for the sake of argument I accepted that... Adapting from Hasenhutl football to Mourinho in a handful of games is very good.

I don't understand what people were expecting from him if what he's done so far isn't enough.

I don't agree that he was headless, but if just for the sake of argument I accepted that... Adapting from Hasenhutl football to Mourinho in a handful of games is very good.

I don't understand what people were expecting from him if what he's done so far isn't enough.

I totally agree with you, sad state of affairs but there are fans in todays game who tend to jump in quick to slag players off before they have time to adjust to a new team. Its not just our fans it seems to be the normal amongst all teams.

He was all over the place first few games
It clicked for him when he was staying with winks second half vs Southampton
And he has gone on form that to get better and better
Today was IMO the complete performance which is being over shadowed by how bad united were and Kane and others playing great too

Last edited:
I was really pleased when we signed him - exactly what we needed - someone calm but with aggression when needed, has enough energy to get about the pitch like Wanyama did when we first signed him, can get in players faces and tackle and can pass the ball forward. He showed all that today and his pass inside the MU full back for Aurier's goal was an added bonus. We have made more glamorous signings this year but I wouldn't be surprised if over the longer term this one proves to be the best one.

I was really pleased when we signed him - exactly what we needed - someone calm but with aggression when needed, has enough energy to get about the pitch.

After the last game, I said (and many agreed) he was like Jordan Henderson i.e. not particularly brilliant at most things, not eye-catching, not rangey, not flicks and tricks, just a very good footballer, solid, criticised by many but then Jordan Henderson went and won everything possible...

Today I realised he also reminds me of Gareth Barry, a bit of a steady Eddie, plodding around, always in the right place, always doing the right thing, model professional, just going about his business in midfield, nothing showy, no flicks and tricks, just a bloody good footballer, no pace, no athleticism, just winning the Premier League title, just no big deal, great men,tality.

Barry made 34 Premier League appearances in the 2011–12 season as Emirates Marketing Project won the league title, the club's first in 44 years

His passing today was exceptionally good
We had some people claim he could also but today was some top notch passing over various ranges
His pass for the 4th goal I think was brilliant
And his passing when deep was over their players to take them out of the game

it was IMO one of the very best performances I’ve seen in some time

A real disruptor in midfield. At last . We haven't had one since Wanyama was in his prime. Can't wait to see him paired with Lo Celso and NDombele. With Son, Kane and Bale up top and Lamela, Moura, Bergwyn and Vini waiting in the wings. Exciting times ahead methinks.

Quick transitions! We've missed that for a long time.
His passing today was exceptionally good
We had some people claim he could also but today was some top notch passing over various ranges
His pass for the 4th goal I think was brilliant
And his passing when deep was over their players to take them out of the game

it was IMO one of the very best performances I’ve seen in some time

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Was phenomenal today. All over the pitch picking up second balls and his passing was exquisite. But Utd were poor and didn’t press, giving our midfield far too much space. Where he has played poorly is against teams where we have been pressed. Far too early to judge him yet as good or bad.

TBF he saw the state of Pogba and thought he ain’t running to stop this pass so I’ll just punt it hard enough
His cross field passEs were actually brilliant today

Pretty sure there was an almost identical one to Kane a bit later on, but Kane's shot just went wide.

Back