• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

Sherwood is, always has,and always will be a dingdongHEAD.
He is and his criticism is OTT but he does have a point. Porro has been great this season, is a real threat going forward, has improved defensively but there are still weaknesses in his game when he has to defend. Even Ange has said they've done a lot of work with him defensively.

F**k me, I've entered the Twilight Zone, whilst not agreeing with Tactics Tim, I don't think he's 100% wrong.

He is and his criticism is OTT but he does have a point. Porro has been great this season, is a real threat going forward, has improved defensively but there are still weaknesses in his game when he has to defend. Even Ange has said they've done a lot of work with him defensively.

F**k me, I've entered the Twilight Zone, whilst not agreeing with Tactics Tim, I don't think he's 100% wrong.
Are you feeling well ???;) All players well maybe 99% of them have weakness in their games and always will. Sherwood has a weakness in his brain that allows him to talk absoute gonad*s.

Porro has got a LOT better at timing his tackles and fronting upto attacking players. Could he get better. yes. Is he a liability. No I dont think so. But whilst we play this system opposition will attack him. Space in our formation is out wide. But his recovery defending is pretty good now and when we have our starting Center Backs up at full fitness and game time then they will help cover.

Porro has got a LOT better at timing his tackles and fronting upto attacking players. Could he get better. yes. Is he a liability. No I dont think so. But whilst we play this system opposition will attack him. Space in our formation is out wide. But his recovery defending is pretty good now and when we have our starting Center Backs up at full fitness and game time then they will help cover.

Sarr and kulu help him out when playing aswell. Johnson and skipp less so.

Are you feeling well ???;) All players well maybe 99% of them have weakness in their games and always will. Sherwood has a weakness in his brain that allows him to talk absoute gonad*s.
Can't believe you would say that about Tactics Tim. Remember when he said that Bentancur was no better than the home grown midfielders we had and just goes square and backwards? Or that Jan just can't defend? It's astounding that Tim isn't in a top job. Bit like Campbell, people are just biased against him.

Porro is similar to Trent Alexander Arnold, defensively there’s still question marks but he’s so good going forward you can forgive the odd mistake. I think Porro has improved somewhat but he can still become a better defender. It’s only a problem if his offensive game dries up like Trippier’s did when he was here which meant his place in the team became untenable.

Porro is similar to Trent Alexander Arnold, defensively there’s still question marks but he’s so good going forward you can forgive the odd mistake. I think Porro has improved somewhat but he can still become a better defender. It’s only a problem if his offensive game dries up like Trippier’s did when he was here which meant his place in the team became untenable.

Trent is a fudging liability, similar to what we thought Porro was last season.

This season he has been targeted by opposition and while not perfect (no defender is), I think he's much better defensively than a lot of FB's in the league and certainly better than TAA in that aspect.

It's been reported the coaching staff have been working with him specifically on the defensive side of his game, and he's committed to it.

Trent is a fudging liability, similar to what we thought Porro was last season.

This season he has been targeted by opposition and while not perfect (no defender is), I think he's much better defensively than a lot of FB's in the league and certainly better than TAA in that aspect.

It's been reported the coaching staff have been working with him specifically on the defensive side of his game, and he's committed to it.
Like TAA his best attributes are going forward, both have fantastic delivery. I agree that he is probably a better defender than TAA but he still has some weaknesses in that that area. He's generally rather good but he's can be beaten 1 on 1, but it happens no defender is perfect or or unbeatable.

"When he's asked to defend he will let you down" is 100% wrong. The fact that he will sometimes let us down doesn't make Sherwood partly right. It just makes him wrong in a dumb way.

Worth remembering that Porro has played full back in a very changing back four. With a lot of changes in midfield ahead of him. In an ambitious style where his area of the pitch is often left more exposed on purpose (you have to be exposed somewhere regardless of the system).

He has weaknesses in his game for sure. But he's also done really well, repeatedly, consistently. He's good defensively whilst being really good on the ball. That's a great combo and makes him a wonderful player.

Hahaha TBF I thought the same. Porros defending is a massive weakness we can't hide form that, he is phenomenal going the other way which is the trade off.

From the second game of the season (when our 'best back four' first started together), our record was WWWWDWWWW, conceding 7 goals (3 of which were goons away and scousers at home). I think his defending is fine, and his all round contribution is excellent.

And especially when they are only 24.

Pretty sure the same is true of Treeeent....but hes lauded as the best thing since your last toss.

Trent has won it all playing as a full back, must have been doing something right

Trent looked ok as a defender when the midfield was full of workhorses and he literally had the best CB in the world cleaning up behind him.

When you press as high as they did, with the energy levels they did and the threat of the front line, it takes the pressure off the back, as the level of the front line dropped, the pressure on back line increased and they have looked vulnerable for two years. In a vulnerable team, TAA looks suspect as fudge (way more than this season's version of Porro)

Yep, trent may be a very good player in CM but as a fullback he is brick ( imo).
Couldn't agree more. Great footballer but really, really poor defender.

Trent has won it all playing as a full back, must have been doing something right
He does a lot right with the ball but he costs them without the ball in big games. Look at the CL final v Madrid (the 0-1). Think they lost the league by a point that season and the last game they didn't win was against us at Anfield. Look at him for Son's goal. For one, he's on the wrong side of the pitch (so was Robertson in fairness) and then he allows Kane time and space to find Sessegnon to assist Son and we go 1 up.

Back