• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paxton bashing

No kick ass, bash head welcome yet?

Personally, I have nothing against the Paxton crowd. We all have our preferred environment when watching a Spurs game, not that one way must be better than the other.

Sorry but as has been mentioned already don't dare compare the Paxton to the Park Lane it's insulting. I'd never sit in the Paxton again....unless I wanted to read the programme cover to cover uninterrupted.

Not sat in the Paxton for probably 5 years or so, but in the upper for the Man U game. Maybe it's just me, but I get more of a buzz when I hear another stand in the ground suddenly become vocal, out of nowhere. It's like the sound just erupts, a sonic 0-60 in decibels, love it. But, the atmosphere has steadily got worse, and as someone else says, for lesser games, is normally pony.

Sorry but as has been mentioned already don't dare compare the Paxton to the Park Lane it's insulting. I'd never sit in the Paxton again....unless I wanted to read the programme cover to cover uninterrupted.

It wasn't the OP's intention to compare the Paxton with the Park Lane. The (laudable) intention was to point out that the constant sniping at the Paxton from some quarters is both tiresome and hardly conducive to a collective sense of goodwill among Spurs fans - especially since, as the OP so rightly points out, the atmosphere generated even by the Park Lane has been persistently dire over the past couple of seasons.

Perhaps less time sniping at each other might mean more time actually coming up with original songs?

And, by the way, those too young to remember might not be aware of the fact that, after the demise of the Shelf and especially after the move to all seater stadia, the Paxton was where it was at until it became the designated "family" stand.

Im abit of a nomad because i dont have a regular stand, if anything i probably sit in the west stand more then any other over the last 10 years but not by much. To be honest we are all spurs fans and if some make more a noise then others good for them, how can you look down your nose at other spurs fans, thats what arsenal are for.

As for who is the best fans, well that goes to the oldest who are till going despite years of crap, i see older guys then me going and i think jeez give it up, but that right there is a real fan. I would add people that travel a long distance to the ground as well.

Never realised what a big deal to some of you the chanting is. I can remember standing and i did not really like it but it was because i felt i was improperly touched more then once. Im quite happy to just sit and cheer when we score.

It wasn't the OP's intention to compare the Paxton with the Park Lane. The (laudable) intention was to point out that the constant sniping at the Paxton from some quarters is both tiresome and hardly conducive to a collective sense of goodwill among Spurs fans - especially since, as the OP so rightly points out, the atmosphere generated even by the Park Lane has been persistently dire over the past couple of seasons.

Perhaps less time sniping at each other might mean more time actually coming up with original songs?

And, by the way, those too young to remember might not be aware of the fact that, after the demise of the Shelf and especially after the move to all seater stadia, the Paxton was where it was at until it became the designated "family" stand.

Links please?

I've not ready anything

Links please?

I've not ready anything

Sorry, fella, you'll have to find examples for yourself.

But I've definitely noticed it. And I'm sure that others have too. After all, it prompted the OP of this thread to abandon years of lurkage (sic) to post on this board for the first time!

Jimmy I love reading your posts in the stadium thread so I won't shoot you down too much but the sniping at the Paxton are fully deserved. They offer nothing in volume in and around the ground. There are notices behind every seat asking you, politely I may add, to mind your language. Sorry but I didn't realise I was in a library! Family stand? Do me a favour!! I hate the fact we've got a family stand. It's a football ground for fudge sake it's embarrassing.

Jimmy I love reading your posts in the stadium thread so I won't shoot you down too much but the sniping at the Paxton are fully deserved. They offer nothing in volume in and around the ground. There are notices behind every seat asking you, politely I may add, to mind your language. Sorry but I didn't realise I was in a library! Family stand? Do me a favour!! I hate the fact we've got a family stand. It's a football ground for fudge sake it's embarrassing.

That has nothing to do with being loud though. It says you can be loud, just don't swear.

How many songs do we have that actually have swearing in?

That has nothing to do with being loud though. It says you can be loud, just don't swear.

How many songs do we have that actually have swearing in?

That's not the point I'm making. If you can't swear at a football match without looking around first then it kills the atmosphere straight away. As for the noise levels in the Paxton it's totally embarrassing.

If you want noise you buy a ticket for Park Lane or Shelfside. You don't have to look around you before saying anything, you already know you're in the family stand.

If you want noise you buy a ticket for Park Lane or Shelfside. You don't have to look around you before saying anything, you already know you're in the family stand.

That's surely part of the problem though, not part of the solution.

Oh clap clap then that's alright then isn't it? To say what your saying means your happy that a whole stand won't be making much noise!! Great support that!!!

Oh clap clap then that's alright then isn't it? To say what your saying means your happy that a whole stand won't be making much noise!! Great support that!!!

People shouldn't be allowed to come if they just want to watch the game with their kids and not spend it singing?

That's surely part of the problem though, not part of the solution.

Not saying I want or expect them to sit there in absolute silence, but if you buy a ticket for Paxton you shouldn't be surprised about the lack of singing and least of all the fact that it's mostly families and older people that sit there. Moaning and complaining about isn't going make it any better either.

Not all congregated into one library stand no. Not at all.

Maybe there are people that actually want to sit down for most of the match, that aren't really into singing and would like to bring their children without having to sit through a lot of foul mouthed abuse? I'm sure there were good reasons behind the decision to have a designated family stand and it's a good starting point for passing the supporter mantle on to the next generation.

Maybe there are people that actually want to sit down for most of the match, that aren't really into singing and would like to bring their children without having to sit through a lot of foul mouthed abuse? I'm sure there were good reasons behind the decision to have a designated family stand and it's a good starting point for passing the supporter mantle on to the next generation.

Jesus wept that first part of your post! WANT to sit and AREN'T into singing?? DON'T GO TO A FOOTBALL MATCH THEN!! The players don't need fans like that!

I understand what you're getting at (though I think Jordinho also makes a good point). But those notices aren't the fault of the fans in the Paxton. They were put there by the club.

And regardless of all that, the main point remains that nothing good can come from the persistent sniping at the Paxton. It only serves to tinkle Paxtonites off. We all know that the Paxton - like the West stand - isn't the loudest place to be. But it's no big deal. As you say, you wouldn't want to have a seat there. And that's fine. Totally understandable. You want a different experience to many of those in the Paxton.

I just don't think that it's necessary for anyone repeatedly to aim snide comments in their direction. We're all on the same side.

Back