• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

I still remember his press conference where he broke down in tears about leaving Corinthians. I strongly suspect his heart is simply not into being in England.

So yeah, he might not be enjoying his role. But also perhaps he isn't enjoying life and is basically homesick.

The thing i cant fatham out is that he along with Sandro could be a world cup winner this summer yet he's one of the worst signings i think we've ever made. I watch him every week and just cringe. He's so off the pace, he cant tackle, see a pass. I think perhaps the brazilian league is loads slower because he's not got up to the pace at all.

That 16 million should have gone a like for like Modric replacement and until we have someone to run the game from midfield we'll be hard pushed to get in the top 4

to think that we could actually make a profit on Paulinho :lol: Id immediately wrap him up up in cotton wool and not select him again this season ;)

So sad...this was the summer signing that really excited me. He has been missed, has become disinterested and is probably the first one out the door come summer...what a waste all round...

So sad...this was the summer signing that really excited me. He has been missed, has become disinterested and is probably the first one out the door come summer...what a waste all round...

May I ask why?

May I ask why?

No.

:lol:

Oh go on then...because I felt he had the potential to be a Lampard-like presence for us in and around the box late, in fact, I felt he had the general skill-set to be that type of player...

Adrian Durham was doing his typical wind-up thing on Talksport and asked if Sandro was the worst Brazilian player to ever play in the Premiership. I sent a reply on twitter pointing out that he isn't even the worst Brazilian central midfielder in the current Spurs squad.

No.

:lol:

Oh go on then...because I felt he had the potential to be a Lampard-like presence for us in and around the box late, in fact, I felt he had the general skill-set to be that type of player...

Tim Vickery talked this up a lot around the time we purchased him as well. He said that Paulinho would be an amazing addition to the PL and would fit in here perfectly....

I can fully understand players settling in during their first season but they still have to show something, even if it's only occasionally. I just see no discernable quality in Paulinho, his best game that people keep harping on about was against a crap Stoke side and even then I'm not actually sure what he did outside of a few nice flicks and tricks. Maybe I'm just being stubborn because I never wanted him from the start but he's going to have to have a meteoric turnaround if I'm going to start liking him(as a player). Vlad and Eriksen have shown more than enough promise in their first season, Lamela has shown the odd flash of brilliance, Soldado despite his obvious struggles does look the part at times, Capoue looked really quite good before fatty Cazorla fell on his leg and even Chadli has had the odd moment. Paulinho though I just can't buy into.

In order of how good I think our summer signings have been, I would place them as follows:

1: Eriksen
2: Paulinho
3: Chiriches
4: Chadli
5: Soldado
5: Capoue
7: Lamela

This is on the basis that Eriksen is clearly quality and is easily the best of our summer signings. Soldado has been decent, but for £26m I think we are entitled to expect more than decent so for me he has been a big disappointment thus far. Capoue and Lamela have spent the majority of the time injured so they are way down the list (Lamela at the bottom because of his vast transfer fee). I think Paulinho is good, but needs to get up to speed with the pace of the English game better. Other than that I think he is technically good, is a goal threat, makes good attacking runs, has decent positioning and is willing to drop back and cover. He just needs to beef up a bit because he's a bit lightweight, but I'd far rather have him in the side than Dembele or Bentaleb and would say if we are going to play two deep lying players it should be him and Sandro.

In order of how good I think our summer signings have been, I would place them as follows:

1: Eriksen
2: Paulinho
3: Chiriches
4: Chadli

This is on the basis that Eriksen is clearly quality and is easily the best of our summer signings. Soldado has been decent, but for £26m I think we are entitled to expect more than decent so for me he has been a big disappointment thus far. Capoue and Lamela have spent the majority of the time injured so they are way down the list (Lamela at the bottom because of his vast transfer fee). I think Paulinho is good, but needs to get up to speed with the pace of the English game better. Other than that I think he is technically good, is a goal threat, makes good attacking runs, has decent positioning and is willing to drop back and cover. He just needs to beef up a bit because he's a bit lightweight, but I'd far rather have him in the side than Dembele or Bentaleb and would say if we are going to play two deep lying players it should be him and Sandro.

:eek::eek::eek:

Surely it's:

1: Chiriches
2: Eriksen
3: Chadli
4: Paulinho

1: Chiriches
2: Eriksen
3: Chadli
4: Capoue
4: Paulinho
4: Soldado

tight but Capoue/Pauli/Soldado all have not had the best of seasons for me.

Also think its tight between chiriches and Eriksen, but both have shown more in glimpses that the rest (though Chadli seems to be getting better and better and could turn out to be the surprise of the lot)

1) Eriksen
2) Chiriches
3) Chadli
4) Capoue
5) Lamela
6) Paulinho
7) Soldado

Lamela is at 5 as despite what fans might have felt in the summer, everything i've read about his signing on at Spurs and everything i've heard the club say about him suggests to me that the club knew he'd take time to settle and invested in him for the long-term.

Paulinho & Soldado were clearly expected to make a lot more of an impact straight away. Chadli is slowly finding his feet so he's moved up the table considerably, while Eriksen and Chiriches have both repaid relatively modest investment by showing that they'll probably be quality additions to the squad and would probably make us a very tidy profit should we end up selling them on.

For me the most dissapointing thing about Paulinho is his attitude. I compare him to Ramires or Fernandinho and its just chalk and cheese. They are real winners who bust a gut for their teams. The warning signs should have been there for Paulinho:

1) Previous move to Europe ended in tears as he couldn't hack it, even at a relatively low level and taking into account him experiencing racist abuse.
2) No other European clubs in serious competition with us for his signature
3) Stayed in Brazil till 24 years old
4) Seemed to have been linked to/scouted extensively by Real Madrid, Inter & Porto but they'd all seemingly passed.

The guy just seems physically and mentally weak to me and often displays a lack of effort and fight. If he had the talent of Berbatov I can get over that, but he doesn't. If anything he demonstrates fairly average ability and technique and often gets caught in possession or gives the ball away.

1) Eriksen
2) Chiriches
3) Chadli
4) Capoue
5) Lamela
6) Paulinho
7) Soldado

Lamela is at 5 as despite what fans might have felt in the summer, everything i've read about his signing on at Spurs and everything i've heard the club say about him suggests to me that the club knew he'd take time to settle and invested in him for the long-term.

Paulinho & Soldado were clearly expected to make a lot more of an impact straight away. Chadli is slowly finding his feet so he's moved up the table considerably, while Eriksen and Chiriches have both repaid relatively modest investment by showing that they'll probably be quality additions to the squad and would probably make us a very tidy profit should we end up selling them on.

For me the most dissapointing thing about Paulinho is his attitude. I compare him to Ramires or Fernandinho and its just chalk and cheese. They are real winners who bust a gut for their teams. The warning signs should have been there for Paulinho:

1) Previous move to Europe ended in tears as he couldn't hack it, even at a relatively low level and taking into account him experiencing racist abuse.
2) No other European clubs in serious competition with us for his signature
3) Stayed in Brazil till 24 years old
4) Seemed to have been linked to/scouted extensively by Real Madrid, Inter & Porto but they'd all seemingly passed.

The guy just seems physically and mentally weak to me and often displays a lack of effort and fight. If he had the talent of Berbatov I can get over that, but he doesn't. If anything he demonstrates fairly average ability and technique and often gets caught in possession or gives the ball away.

He's what my Dad used to refer to as a 'little scuttly ball player'. Roughly translated, he's average at most things but not outstanding at anything. He'll scuttle about looking busy-ish but never actually do anything worth talking about with the ball. For the money we paid for him, we need a bit more than that.

1) Eriksen
2) Chiriches
2) Chadli
2) Capoue
2) Lamela
2) Paulinho
2) Soldado

It was probably unrealistic to think that all 7 signings would be a hit. Even if all of them are here next season then one or two of them will still not adapt. It's not like every signing at every club above us has worked out well. How many donkeys did Fergusun buy?

If Paulinho is here next season then I think he can be properly judged. He's not playing for Spurs and hasn't been since his injury. His attitude is bordering on unprofessional IMO and if a good offer came in I would sell for that reason alone. If he stays I suspect he'll be a different player next season.

It was probably unrealistic to think that all 7 signings would be a hit. Even if all of them are here next season then one or two of them will still not adapt. It's not like every signing at every club above us has worked out well. How many donkeys did Fergusun buy?

If Paulinho is here next season then I think he can be properly judged. He's not playing for Spurs and hasn't been since his injury. His attitude is bordering on unprofessional IMO and if a good offer came in I would sell for that reason alone. If he stays I suspect he'll be a different player next season.

Watch him have a fantastic World Cup, us all rant and rave about how brilliant he's going to be next season before watching him inevitably be just as bad as this season :lol:

Back