• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

Sherwood has had a pop at Paulinho, I can't link the article, maybe someone else can

Basically, he said that Brazil missed a playmaker in central mid, both Gustavo and Pauli didn't pass the ball forward well enough, Pauli is box to box, can only get shots off with his right foot and finally he said that Pauli is not at Lampards level, a player he has been compared to.

Sherwood has had a pop at Paulinho, I can't link the article, maybe someone else can

Basically, he said that Brazil missed a playmaker in central mid, both Gustavo and Pauli didn't pass the ball forward well enough, Pauli is box to box, can only get shots off with his right foot and finally he said that Pauli is not at Lampards level, a player he has been compared to.

I would say that he is having a pop at Paulinho.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ment-and-guile-you-expect-to-see-9536313.html

The accuracy (or lack of) of his statement has no bearing on what a graceless prick he is.

Just because your mate's wife is ugly, it doesn't mean you should tell him that.

Mate..he said Paulinho is not a deep lying playmaker and can't pick a pass.

So he criticized him for not being able to play a role he wasn't supposed to be playing?

The accuracy (or lack of) of his statement has no bearing on what a graceless prick he is.

Just because your mate's wife is ugly, it doesn't mean you should tell him that.

Depends how good a mate they are. I told a friend I would not eat with a mate and his girlfriend because she was so ugly I thought I would not be able to keep my food down.

Mate..he said Paulinho is not a deep lying playmaker and can't pick a pass.
A professional footballer who, until recently was a colleague of his, can't pick a pass.

A judgement based on 6 months of trying to acclimatise to a new continent/team and 6 months playing for someone who'd never managed a grown up before.

Anyway, let's translate is back into Sherwood's native tongue from that of his ghostwriter;

If them posh ****s runnin my team's rivals bought me all the best players in the world I'd v won the fahkin league. Wot the fack am I meant to do wiv that load of **** they give me for fack's sake.

Who the fack is this Scolari prick - wot the fack does e know? He ain't even English. Bet e's only got the fackin job cos he's some kind of fancy pants fackin foreign ****.

Where the fack's me fackin 'Ackett top with the turned up fackin collar? N where's me fackin staffy?

I agree…wasn't particularly eye-catching but very very smart.
I'd actually say that the player who was disappointing was Gustavo, who didn't do much in terms of possession and didn't offer much going forward. I wonder if Brasil won't be tempted to play Ramires in there for his more aggressive box-to-box qualities? I think it would give them a lot more pressing forward…that's my thought anyway…interested to discuss.

Gustavo is a defendive/holding midfielder who just did just that the other night.
And he played much better than Paulinho. He completed 54 passes to Paulinho's 19. He did a real job in the midfield whereas Paulinho was lost between the lines as usual with the ability to do nothing further up the pitch.

A professional footballer who, until recently was a colleague of his, can't pick a pass.

A judgement based on 6 months of trying to acclimatise to a new continent/team and 6 months playing for someone who'd never managed a grown up before.

but he can't pass...i mean that's a fact...it's not his strong point.

Gustavo is a defendive/holding midfielder who just did just that the other night.
And he played much better than Paulinho. He completed 54 passes to Paulinho's 19. He did a real job in the midfield whereas Paulinho was lost between the lines as usual with the ability to do nothing further up the pitch.

I genuinely thought some people got the players mixed up.

Anyway, let's translate is back into Sherwood's native tongue from that of his ghostwriter;

If them posh ****s runnin my team's rivals bought me all the best players in the world I'd v won the fahkin league. Wot the fack am I meant to do wiv that load of **** they give me for fack's sake.

Who the fack is this Scolari prick - wot the fack does e know? He ain't even English. Bet e's only got the fackin job cos he's some kind of fancy pants fackin foreign ****.

Where the fack's me fackin 'Ackett top with the turned up fackin collar? N where's me fackin staffy?

Would you ever accept an English manager at spurs if he had a common accent no matter how good a coach he was?

:ross:

:ross:

yeah i thought gustavo was the one that helped brazil tick one - owning the midfield so that the likes of neymar don't have to be bothered with tracking back.

but who am I to criticize - I just watch a lot of games, train a number of youngsters and don't even have my coaching badges......

Back