• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

I would not celebrate if I gave someone £50 and two years later they gave me £20 back. I would think I was a fcuking macaron for giving away £50 in the first place. But if other people wish to align themselves with losers and the losers mentality then I am not one to stop them. Fill yer boots ladies.

Id be relieved if i bought 50 quids worth of stock which plummeted in value over two years but still managed to find someone willing to take it off my hands for much higher than it's current value, tbf

20150629210742_4157.jpg

That's Official enough for me.

http://www.gzevergrandefc.com/news.aspx?ftid=30115

1 down...

alas the premiership was just too physical for him..

I wish him all the best

#In before Superhudd :p

07146a5227563e2075ef2849b2574f03.jpg

You cheeky barsteward!

Last edited:
I would not celebrate if I gave someone £50 and two years later they gave me £20 back. I would think I was a fcuking macaron for giving away £50 in the first place. But if other people wish to align themselves with losers and the losers mentality then I am not one to stop them. Fill yer boots ladies.

Not really an accurate analogy.

A better one would be buying a car for £50K, thinking that you'd love it but, after two years of it not performing to anything like your expectations and costing you plenty of money in ongoing running costs, you decide to get rid for whatever anyone will offer. You advertise it in a trade mag at a cheeky valuation - £30K (or 60% of original value) - which accounts for natural depreciation but not for the fact that the car is a bit of a lemon......

And to your surprise and pleasure, someone bites. You get more back than you could possibly have hoped for while getting an expensive financial burden off your books. Job's a goodun.

better 20 quid than a fiver

3hu0qhl2lnbkm2aa513jsslaa.500x314x16.gif

I suggest that the celebrations are muted by the knowledge that we had a potentially good player, who did not work out from a combination of possible lack of individual motivation, managerial disruption, World Cup distraction and above all injuries at the worst possible time...

Good luck Paulinho! You have been the butt of (at times unfair) harsh criticism; there was a decent player there, pity we could not find him :(

Good luck to the bloke, it didn't work out and he looked a shadow of the player we thought we were getting.

Not really an accurate analogy.

A better one would be buying a car for £50K, thinking that you'd love it but, after two years of it not performing to anything like your expectations and costing you plenty of money in ongoing running costs, you decide to get rid for whatever anyone will offer. You advertise it in a trade mag at a cheeky valuation - £30K (or 60% of original value) - which accounts for natural depreciation but not for the fact that the car is a bit of a lemon......

And to your surprise and pleasure, someone bites. You get more back than you could possibly have hoped for while getting an expensive financial burden off your books. Job's a goodun.

I agree. Plus, you also had two years' use of the item, which the pure cash-for-cash analogy doesn't take into account. Most players are depreciating assets, financially speaking, like a new car as soon as you drive it off the lot. You hope to get as much value while you can (in the form of goals, assists, filling a needed team role, shirt sales, whatever), which is the primary reason for buying. Any increase in resale value is really a bonus.

The very first thing he did for Spurs was in a friendly, he tried to control it and it bounced about 10 yards away from him putting the opposition through on goal only for Paulinho to out pace and out muscle him to win the ball back.
Sadly he never showed that side of his game again..... Except for the poor touch part!

Delighted he's gone and we've got some decent money for him.

I have to say that I doubt the truth of this Paulinho sale story.

Ignore the official statement by the Chinese club. Ignore the picture of Paulinho in their shirt. Ignore the picture of Daniel Levy shaking hands with a Chinese fellow in the exact same location as Paulinho in the aforementioned picture.

The plain truth of the matter is that this "news" (yeah, right) has yet to be posted on the official Spurs website and Twitter page.

And, as everyone knows, they are always first with the news.

QED. This is a non story.

Come on, Spurs....get your f*ckin' act together. This is a new low, even for you. It was announced more than 5 hours ago and even the sh*ttiest of sh*t websites has written it up by now.

I suggest that the celebrations are muted by the knowledge that we had a potentially good player, who did not work out from a combination of possible lack of individual motivation, managerial disruption, World Cup distraction and above all injuries at the worst possible time...

Good luck Paulinho! You have been the butt of (at times unfair) harsh criticism; there was a decent player there, pity we could not find him :(
Absolutely. He didn't perform to the level we hoped consistently, but he wasn't anywhere near as bad as some on here would have you believe...

It says something about the quality of the player that only a Chinese team would stump up £10m for him.

Fantastic deal for us. Glad he's gone - lets get rid of some more dross and built on the core gorup of our decent players

I have to say that I doubt the truth of this Paulinho sale story.

Ignore the official statement by the Chinese club. Ignore the picture of Paulinho in their shirt. Ignore the picture of Daniel Levy shaking hands with a Chinese fellow in the exact same location as Paulinho in the aforementioned picture.

The plain truth of the matter is that this "news" (yeah, right) has yet to be posted on the official Spurs website and Twitter page.

And, as everyone knows, they are always first with the news.

QED. This is a non story.

Come on, Spurs....get your f*ckin' act together. This is a new low, even for you. It was announced more than 5 hours ago and even the sh*ttiest of sh*t websites has written it up by now.

Probably still can't believe it

It was very far from Job's a goodun the whole sorry mess is one I hope we learn from, more Dunkirk then D day.

Club signs player who fails shocker!

First time that that's ever happened anywhere in the world, anytime in the whole history of football, I'm sure. And football being such a precise, scientific and predictable game as well......

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. ;)

Back